Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP® System Software Downgrade Tutorial

All topics regarding downgrading with TN Hen
bsanehi
VIP

PSP® System Software Downgrade Tutorial

Post by bsanehi »

Please read the table to see if you can downgrade your PSP® to a certain firmware. If you don't follow the chart you may brick your PSP®.
PSP® Motherboard Chart

How To Install LC/HEN Firmware Tutorial For All PSP® Models
6.60 LME-1.8
This LCFW (Light Custom Firmware) only works if you are on 6.60 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 6.60 LME-1.8.zip using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Copy and replace the files & folders from "6.60 LME-1.8" folder onto your PSP® memory stick or PSP®GO system storage.
  • Run LME Installer for 6.60 from XMB game menu, Press x to install LCFW.
  • When finished installing PSP® will reboot, Now run LME Launcher for 6.60 now you are on 6.60 LME-1.8 enjoy.
  • You can use LME Launcher for 6.60 to go back to Hen mode if your PSP® turns off fully.
  • Read the Readme for more information.
I have also included CXMB plugin which adds support for custom PSP® themes.

Make sure the custom themes you download are for 6.60 And you must put them in your PSP/THEME folder.

6.39 LME-9.8
This LCFW (Light Custom Firmware) only works if you are on 6.39 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 6.39 LME-9.8.zip using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Copy and replace the files & folders from "6.39 LME-9.8" folder onto your PSP® memory stick or PSP®GO system storage.
  • Run LME Installer for 6.39 from XMB game menu, Press x to install LCFW.
  • When finished installing PSP® will reboot, Now run LME Launcher for 6.39 now you are on 6.39 LME-9.8 enjoy.
  • You can use LME Launcher for 6.39 to go back to Hen mode if your PSP® turns off fully.
  • Read the Readme for more information.

Make sure the custom themes you download are for 6.39 And you must put them in your PSP/THEME folder.

6.60 PRO-B10 Fix 1
This LCFW (Light Custom Firmware) only works if you are on 6.60 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 660PRO-B10.fix1 using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Copy and replace the files & folders from "660PRO-B10-FIX 1" folder onto your PSP® memory stick or PSP®GO system storage.
  • Run PRO Update from XMB game menu and now you are on 6.60 PRO-B10 enjoy.
  • You can use 660 PRO-B Fast Recovery to go back to Hen mode if your PSP® turns off fully.
  • You can run CIPL Flasher For PRO-B to fully install the CFW to your PSP®. (Use At Your Own Risk)

Make sure the custom themes you download are for 6.60 And you must put them in your PSP/THEME folder.

6.39 PRO-B10 Fix 1
This LCFW (Light Custom Firmware) only works if you are on 6.39 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 639PRO-B10.fix1 using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Copy and replace the files & folders from "639PRO-B10-FIX 1" folder onto your PSP® memory stick or PSP®GO system storage.
  • Run PRO Update from XMB game menu and now you are on 6.39 PRO-B10 enjoy.
  • You can use 639 PRO-B Fast Recovery to go back to Hen mode if your PSP® turns off fully.
  • You can run CIPL Flasher For PRO-B to fully install the CFW to your PSP®. (Use At Your Own Risk)

Make sure the custom themes you download are for 6.39 And you must put them in your PSP/THEME folder.

6.20 PRO-B10 Fix 1
This LCFW (Light Custom Firmware) only works if you are on 6.20 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 620PRO-B10.fix1 using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Copy and replace the files & folders from "620PRO-B10-FIX 1" folder onto your PSP® memory stick or PSP®GO system storage.
  • Run PRO Update from XMB game menu and now you are on 6.20 PRO-B10 enjoy.
  • You can use 620 PRO-B Fast Recovery to go back to Hen mode if your PSP® turns off fully.
  • You can run 620 PRO-B Permanent Patch to fully install the CFW to your PSP®. (Use At Your Own Risk)

Make sure the custom themes you download are for 6.20 And you must put them in your PSP/THEME folder.

6.39 TN-A
This Hen (Homebrew Enabler) only works if you are on 6.39 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 6-39TN-Afix.zip using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Put the files & folders you extracted into your PSP® memory stick.
  • Run the Game and now you are on 6.39 TN-A enjoy.

6.20 TN-E
This Hen (Homebrew Enabler) only works if you are on 6.20 OFW it supports all PSP® models.

Instruction:
  • Extract 6-20TN-E.zip using 7zip or Winrar.
  • Put the files & folders you extracted into your PSP® memory stick.
  • Run the Game and now you are on 6.20 TN-E enjoy.

Make sure the custom themes you download are for 6.20 And you must put them in your PSP/THEME folder.
This Tutorial will help you identify your PSP® motherboard. You first have to install a L/CFW or a HEN from "How To Install LC/HEN Firmware Tutorial For All PSP® Models" tutorial above.
[Steps: 1-6]
1: Download the included archive. Image
2: Extract PSPIDENT_0.75.zip file using 7zip or winRAR.
3: Connect PSP® to computer via USB cable.
4: Copy and replace the PSP folder on to your PSP memory stick.
5: Run PSPident from your PSP® game menu.
6: Check & compare your PSP® information to the "PSP® Motherboard Chart" above.

This tutorial is for people that want to downgrade to 6.20/6.35 Image [This downgrader only works on firmwares 6.31 / 6.35 / 6.38 / 6.39 / 6.60] (Note: If you are on 6.61 or higher your out of luck)

To start select your PSP® to download a OFW: (Note: This is OFW 6.20 because a HEN is available for it)

Image Image Image

When you have have finished downloading, You will find a file named EBOOT.PBP.

1: Using your PC, create a folder named "PSP". Within the "PSP" folder, create a folder named "GAME". Within the "GAME" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE". (Folder names must be in all uppercase letters).

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MEMORY STICK ImageImageImagePSP Image Image Image ImageGAME ImageImageImageImageUPDATE Image Image Image EBOOT

2: Copy the EBOOT.PBP you downloaded to your UPDATE folder.

Now you have to download a downgrader to downgrade your PSP®'s firmware to 6.20 OFW. (This downgrader works only for 6.31 OFW / 6.35 OFW / 6.38 OFW / 6.39 OFW / 6.60 OFW)

To start Image

Now extract Downgrader.zip file using 7zip or winRAR. You will then find a folder named PSP open it up and you will see a folder named GAME open that up and you will see a folder named Downgrader

Now copy the Downgrader folder to your PSP GAME folder.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MEMORY STICK ImageImageImagePSP Image Image Image ImageGAME Image Image Image Downgrader

3: To start the update data. Select either Image (Memory Stick) or Image (System Storage) under Image (Game) from the home menu, and then select Image. Press the Image button to start the update.

Then you will see this message. Image Now you laugh at Sony and Press the Image button on the downgrader.

After the Sony updater is finished you will get a BSOD, all you have to do is press Image button.

Advertising
Last edited by bsanehi on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: PSP® System Software Downgrade Tutorial

Post by Xian Nox »

Stickied.
Advertising
bsanehi
VIP

Post by bsanehi »

Xian Nox wrote:Stickied.
PSPcfwDUDE

Post by PSPcfwDUDE »

bsanehi wrote:Now you laugh at SONY and Press the button on the downgrader.
:lol: :lol: Great guide bsanehi
bsanehi
VIP

Post by bsanehi »

PSPcfwDUDE wrote: :lol: :lol: Great guide bsanehi

Thanks man 8-)
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

After the Sony updater is finished you will get a BSOD, all you have to do is press O button.
I think it´s helpful for some people to back-up the wifi setting with
net configure manager 1st.
Also the use of the new pspident can be helpful.
(note: new pspident may display your psp as a fat)

I up&downgraded yesterday from 6.20 to 6.35 and back to 6.20 and i lost my custom gameboot and custom sense-me icon^^

If people have a look to http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7831 ... rview0.png
they probably think they can downgrade a go or some 3000 without any issue deeper as 6.20
Nan dump?! Sleepfix semibrick^^
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
simpl3lang

Post by simpl3lang »

hi everyone. i just got a psp3001 4g on fw6.60

i been trying to downgraade it to 6.20 but i keep getting an error saying im ruuning the latest firmware and no need for the update. i read and read. and it seems alot of people are experiencing the same thing. sadly i havent read about a solution yet. is there one? sorry for the noobness
arjunsm

Post by arjunsm »

are you absolutly sure I can downgrade to 4.20
with my psp brite 3000 03g
I'm not going to do it. Just wanted to know it

(Just in case. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong :P)
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

arjunsm wrote:are you absolutly sure I can downgrade to 4.20
with my psp brite 3000 03g
I'm not going to do it. Just wanted to know it
(Just in case. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong :P)
This is because PSPident only shows the lowest OFW your mobo supports where a HEN could be used (explaining why you see 5.03)
The last column in the chart lists the lowest possible OFW the mobo supports, not the lowest OFW it can actually downgrade to, nor the lowest OFW where a HEN is available.
arjunsm

Post by arjunsm »

So you can't donwgrade to 4.2, only the motherboard supports it

Return to “Downgrading”