Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP® System Software Downgrade Tutorial

All topics regarding downgrading with TN Hen
The Z
VIP

Re: PSP® System Software Downgrade Tutorial

Post by The Z »

arjunsm wrote:So you can't donwgrade to 4.2, only the motherboard supports it
Since the 4.20/4.21 was a pre-installed firmware and there is no (public) dump of it avaible, you cant downgrade all the way down to the 4.2x firmware.
If there would be a dump of it, it would be possible to downgrade to 4.2x with a 3000 03g PSP.

Since there are dumps of the 1.00 (PSP 1000), 3.60 (PSP 2000), 5.70 (PSP Go, not public) and 6.50 (PSP E1000, not public), it is indeed possible to re-install the pre-installed firmware version.
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
arjunsm

Post by arjunsm »

ah thanks
Advertising
IK4

Post by IK4 »

Thank you i managed to downgrade my psp go :)
PSP go N1003 6.20 pro b10 fix 1
peronmls

Post by peronmls »

Okay im super rusty and getting back in the PSP hacking community but i get an error saying "The Update cannot be started. The data is corrupted. (IDXFFFFFFFF) I have downgraded before. im on 6.60
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

XD I just read that yesterday.

You have a 3000 09g am I right? You have downgraded that one once with davees downgrader to 6.20 right?

You upgraded with the special upgrader that brings you to 6.60.

Well you can't go anywhere anymore. That's it, its over, stay with 6.60, its not that bad.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-09g-down ... 029/page-2
SifJar said:

flo said:

I read that some people got stuck at 6.20...
View full quote

He was primarily concerned with avoiding bricks while in the beta testing phase (I was a tester), so he didn't have people check if update ability was still possible.

Davee was theorizing in that blog post that updating would work on 09g 6.20 -- but he was mistaken. I tested on my PSP to see for sure and I get the same IDXFFFFFFFF error as everybody else.

I'm sure Davee will find a bix for the bug soon enough so I'm not really concerned. Besides, having a perm hacked PSP isn't a bad position to be in by any stretch of the imagination. [IMG]

btw--Another good way to look at the situation is this really is a permanent hack. Nobody can get rid of it even if they wanted (good luck accidentally getting rid of my cfw, little brother)! . [IMG]

Truly permanent indeed!
And here the downgrade story:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-09g-down ... 029/page-3
A little caution: There are reports that TA-095v2 (there are two 09g versions) motherboards can't re-downgrade to 6.20 after escaping its clutches once before.
It's always something with these downgraders. :P

How to check and see what you have:
run this--> http://filetrip.net/f26588-PSPident-0-75.html
So to summarize it, your index_09g.dat in flash has been renamed, then renamed again and somehow the whole construct has been patched to work again.
I wouldn't wonder if you could not update to anything higher if there would be anything higher than 6.60. So let it as it is, my best guess is that if you try to much you'll end with a clean and sober BRICK.
The internet is a bottomless barrel of sh*t, we try to fill it, everyday. But we fail, because its bottomless.
Cheva

Post by Cheva »

Hi guys,

I have some things I need to confirm or ask about the tutorial as follow:

Assuming that I use let say an 6.39 OFW, in order to downgrade I need to:
1. Install PSPIdent to check downgrade compatibility.
2. To install PSPIdent, I need to install CFW beforehand.
3. To install the CFW, I need to choose the CFW that is on the same version as my OFW which is 6.39 then install either CFW LME or PRO/etc of that version.
4. Then I can proceed to PSPIdent tutorial and confirm the compatibility.
5. To proceed with downgrade, I will needthe OFW version that I want to downgrade to, in this case 6.20. In the tutorial it said that "To start select your PSP® to download a OFW", but I dont understand, how can I get the 6.20 OFW? I check the downloading section for OFW 6.20 in wololo but the link is not working.
6. Assuming I can get my hands on the OFW 6.20, I can proceed with the rest of the tutorial.
7. Assuming that I successfully downgrade to 6.20, then the FW will be OFW, right?
8. If it does OFW, then I need to redo CFW installation which this time using the 6.20 CFW.

Please comment or clarify if my understanding so far is right or wrong.

Thank you.
Dzil_Aqlil_14

Post by Dzil_Aqlil_14 »

I'm able to downgrade PSP from 6.61 to 6.60 and Update it back... Not just once but many times.
Can that brick my PSP?!...
Sorry if I misspelled | I'm an Asian | Online Time : 8am-1pm [ UTC / Everyday]
PSP 1000 8 GB 6.61 - PRO-C / ME 2.3 [TA-081 / 01g / PHAT ]
Keeps ur eyes at [Who is online?]Thanks to all PSP users for keep up the PSP scene alive :)
~|_Sent_Via_PSP_|~
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

The Z wrote:Since there are dumps of the 1.00 (PSP 1000), 3.60 (PSP 2000), 5.70 (PSP Go, not public) and 6.50 (PSP E1000, not public), it is indeed possible to re-install the pre-installed firmware version.
Speaking of 3.60 dumps: are they really publicly available? I remember trying to find the official IPL of 3.60 a couple of years ago and failing (360.PSAR alone is not enough, sadly).
I'm not asking for links, obviously, just a generic direction of searching will be helpful for my TA-085v1 PSP.

Edit: more details here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45550

Return to “Downgrading”