Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

uOFW: a complete official firmware reverse engineering

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Geecko

Re: uOFW: a complete official firmware reverse engineering

Post by Geecko »

St33lDr4g0n wrote:@Felix if you guys don't mind me asking, at about what percentage is the project at? ( In terms of completion :) )
I hope this page will answer your question. Yes, there is still plenty work to do, but being discouraged is not the best to help this project. :)
Advertising
Contributing to the most awesome project yet: uOFW. Join us!
gLib2D - A simple, fast, light-weight 2D graphics library for PSP.
intraFont-G - A mod of intraFont by BenHur which adds rotation support.
Check out my GitHub repo!
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

Geecko wrote:
St33lDr4g0n wrote:@Felix if you guys don't mind me asking, at about what percentage is the project at? ( In terms of completion :) )
I hope this page will answer your question. Yes, there is still plenty work to do, but being discouraged is not the best to help this project. :)
Slow and steady wins the race. Thank you Geecko and everybody who is working on this :)

I probably would've already sold my PSP if it weren't for the homebrew community :lol:
Advertising
-PSP 3000 (03g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PSP go (05g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PCH [PS VITA] 1001: OFW 3.XX

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
jhuebert95

Post by jhuebert95 »

I have a question. I read a comment on the first page of this thread that said that once you RE the psp firmware, we could create a brand new firmware not based on the OFW at all. I was wondering what benefits that could offer me as opposed to CFW? If you created a brand new firmware, what could it do that CFW is unable to do? I guess my main question is why are you working on a uOFW, instead of just making your own CFW that would have the same capabilities? This is a really cool idea, I would just like to understand a little better!

Thanks!
jhuebert95
Black PSP 1001 - 6.60 ME-2 & 6.60 PRO-C2
Black PS Vita 1001- 3.60 w/ HENkaku
Black PS3 CECH-4001C - Latest OFW
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

jhuebert95 wrote:I have a question. I read a comment on the first page of this thread that said that once you RE the psp firmware, we could create a brand new firmware not based on the OFW at all. I was wondering what benefits that could offer me as opposed to CFW? If you created a brand new firmware, what could it do that CFW is unable to do? I guess my main question is why are you working on a uOFW, instead of just making your own CFW that would have the same capabilities? This is a really cool idea, I would just like to understand a little better!

Thanks!
I think this post will answer your question :arrow: http://wololo.net/2012/11/14/uofw-the-a ... r-the-psp/

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Felix-Dev
Developer

New uOFW update

Post by Felix-Dev »

Hey all, it's time for another nifty update about uOFW ;)

You can now contact us through our official e-mail, uofwteam@gmail.com! If you have questions, suggestions, don't hesitate and send them to us.

In the recent days, uOFW's doxygen documentation was not correctly synchronized with uOGW's gh-pages branch (the branch containing the image and .html files for the documentation) resulting in ignoring all the updates we made to it to show up visibly. This appears to be fixed now, so get your first look at two new modules (Clockgen Module and System Timer Module) now!

That being said, clockgen has been revised and is now working, thus adding another module to the working list, heck yeah :P

We now finished moving uOFW over to Github, here are a few important notes about the latest transfers:

The new central place of information about uOFW is here: https://github.com/uofw
1) uOFW/uofw is the repository containing the source code of the PSP Kernel and a wiki about how to contribute to uOFW. This wiki now contains all the information you need to start contributing to uOFW. My personal highlight is the excellent "Current Modules Status", giving you a great overview about the current status of uOFW and what still needs to be done.

2) uofw/upspd is the repository where you can find the general PSP hardware/software wiki right here. Note that you can easily add information to it if you like to.

3) uofw/uofwinst contains the source code for the uOFW installer, which is used to launch the reverse engineered modules.

Furthermore, make sure to visit our IRC channel for the latest news about uOFW and to chat with us! #uofw on irc.freenode.net (use this if you don't have an IRC client).

That's about the end of the latest news updates on uOFW but I have one more cool thing left for you. :p
Just hours ago, we added a Github profile picture for uOFW, check it out and let us know what you think about it! We here at uOFW think its a great picture :)

That's it, have fun.
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

Best PSP project ever.
preloader

Post by preloader »

@Felix-Dev, thanks for information.
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

This topic should be stickied :mrgreen:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

Please, someone sticky this.
Felix-Dev
Developer

Post by Felix-Dev »

Hey folks, it's update time again :p

For those of you who are checking out our github repository on a regular basis (i.e. one time a week) some parts of this update won't be new news, here we go:

Loadexec has been revised, updated and is now working, its code can be found here: https://github.com/uofw/uofw/tree/master/src/loadexec

Today, we also uploaded a revised, updated and working version of the init module, check it out here: https://github.com/uofw/uofw/tree/master/src/init
To underline the importance of having a working init module, here is a quick summary of its purpose: Init is responsible for loading all the modules listed in the PSP boot configuration file (flash0:/kd/pspbtcnf.bin) below init.prx, that is, it loads all the modules starting with loadexec.prx up to the end of the file, including vshmain.prx. Furthermore, when a game is started by you via the XMB, init is responsible for the loading of the game modules as well.

Yet again, we got two more modules compiling and running and these two are quite important ones!
Thank you for your ongoing support of the uofw project!

Return to “General”