Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

uOFW: a complete official firmware reverse engineering

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
noname120
Developer

Re: uOFW: a complete official firmware reverse engineering

Post by noname120 »

DS_Marine wrote:Good to see this one is still being working on.
Also, there's a good tutorial with lots of information about prx files! I always wanted to know those more in detail...
Here you are:

https://mega.co.nz/#!N98TUCxT!ePU_D1jYc ... wtM7RZ4qmw

Mirror:
http://www.jheberg.net/captcha/cPgbOK-p ... s-only-pdf
Advertising
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
Geecko

Post by Geecko »

St33lDr4g0n wrote:So happy to see that this is still being worked on - I plan to inject these modules on my 3g 3000 once everything is complete :D
I started reversing usersystemlib.prx some days ago, progress is encouraging :D

https://github.com/GeeckoDev/uofw/tree/ ... rsystemlib

I hope more people will work on it. I'm learning a lot !
Advertising
Contributing to the most awesome project yet: uOFW. Join us!
gLib2D - A simple, fast, light-weight 2D graphics library for PSP.
intraFont-G - A mod of intraFont by BenHur which adds rotation support.
Check out my GitHub repo!
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

Thanks for the file!
I Read a few pages and feel closer to the kernel side of the force already :lol:
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
Felix-Dev
Developer

Post by Felix-Dev »

Alright, after the interview with wololo, there weren't many new updates on uOFW and its progress. As said in the interview, we are busy with real-life and thus progress on UOFW is limited a lot. Nonetheless, we have still been able to update the project from time to time, here are some of the new things:

1) We plan to move uOFW completely over to Github, follow this link. We are currently experimenting with uOFW'S Github wiki (here is a first look at it) and how to transfer the old wiki over to it. This might will take some time, so please keep checking back.

2) We are proud to announce a new working module on our list, usersystemlib (reversed by Geecko)!

3) In order to make our work more transparent, we established a new branch system on Github. We are now using branches for all those modules which are currently being worked on and which have not reached a final state for now. There is a branch for every such module, being updated with new reversed code for that particular module. Currently, there are four branches, assigned to the following modules: power, psheet (thanks go to Omega2058), memlmd (thanks go to Draan), clockgen (thanks go to Draan).

uOFW has been on the brink of the death for a few times now, fortunately, we always managed to slow this process down, at least for now. That being said, we need all the support we can get. Even if you can't help us out with reverse-engineering the PSP's kernel, you can always give us suggestions/ideas how to improve uOFWs overall perfomance. This includes suggestions about the wiki structure, its advertising, mentioning this project to friends...

Now, before I come to the end of this post, I would like to point out that major changes and information on uOFW will be found at: https://github.com/uofw/uofw#uofw (the README of the project).
naki-the-curious

Post by naki-the-curious »

Good to see the project is still alive! looking foward to seeing more progress in the future.
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)
gunblade

Post by gunblade »

m0skit0 wrote:Great but allow me a remark: why another new project for this? Why not just collaborate into Utopia Project? What's the meaning of having two different projects for the same thing? :roll:
idk most of this but jus saying wouldent having a full firmware based on 1.01 1.50 - 6.60 be best in sense that sumtimes wen playing with the xmb i use to use way differnt files from older n newer firmware main thing it could fit but i heard firm below 1.50 was full homebrew ready
DMTea

Post by DMTea »

How did it take Sony so fast to release firmwares even before the PSPs public announcement and yet uTopia has been around for almost 3+years and no one has completely made their own open source firmware? Youre not even starting from scratch As those prx modules are ALL made by Sony- edited by someone in their free time.

How did Sony manage a firmware from scratch? they never copied from the PS2. I just dont understand the time difference when youre working with Sonys code, because Sony didnt reverse engineer code to make a psp lol

anyways little progress is better than no progress
Guize I can haz kernal cuz i got purtty cmd window to say stuffs.
MrShyCity

Post by MrShyCity »

DMTea wrote:How did it take Sony so fast to release firmwares even before the PSPs public announcement and yet uTopia has been around for almost 3+years and no one has completely made their own open source firmware?
it's SONY do not compare it lol + behind in uOFW team has there own life, reverse engering take time to complete
How did Sony manage a firmware from scratch?
They make their own code

best answer i can give you ;)
Felix-Dev
Developer

Post by Felix-Dev »

DMTea wrote:I just dont understand the time difference when youre working with Sonys code

Heh, DMTea, as much as I would like to announce that we finally finished reverse engineering the PSP Kernel, MrShyCity rightfully pointed out that we are doing this in our spare free time and that reverse engineering does take its time, after all. Sony has its programmers which are assigned to the creating their console devices' kernels, it's their main job and that's probably what they invest most of their time into. Beside all that, Sony has more people working on its kernels, than uOFW has. If we are lucky, we got at least a handful of people working actively on uOFW.

I admit, updates on uOFW were rare in the past (even on its github repository) which was partly due to us working on a module locally and only uploading it once the code was finished and working. Completing a module takes some time, meaning there were quite some small time periods with no public updates. To avoid this issue in the future, we created uOFW's sub-branch system so you guys can follow minor/major module updates as they take place.

One more update, we successfully moved uOFW's doxygen documentation (it contains new code) to Github now, here is the link: http://uofw.github.com/uofw/
With this, we are one step closer to make Github our major platform for the uOFW project.
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

@Felix if you guys don't mind me asking, at about what percentage is the project at? ( In terms of completion :) )
-PSP 3000 (03g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PSP go (05g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PCH [PS VITA] 1001: OFW 3.XX

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Return to “General”