Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Welcome Back Package...Is It Enough?

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Thatxafghanxkid
Banned

The Welcome Back Package...Is It Enough?

Post by Thatxafghanxkid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:22 pm

So basically Sony released their ‘Welcome Back’ package to all us loyal PlayStation 3 fans that have been good customers. To be honest I was expecting a little more, the free month of PlayStation Plus sounded like a brilliant idea, and truthfully I always knew the free games would be old or lame. Turns out Sony don’t just give their users free stuff as a reward for their patience and loyalty, that’s far too simple.

PlayStation Plus is a pretty decent service and when I expected a month free I actually expected a month free, yet it feels more like I’m borrowing it from Sony for 30 days.

“Burnout Paradise…Free?! Streets of Rage…What a classic, and it’s free?!”

Errrrm, no.

The games are free for the 30 day trial Sony have given us, and then they are snatched away from under our noses. Now I don’t know about you, but to me it feels more like a sneaky advertising campaign to get users addicted to PS Plus, rather then a thank you present for putting up with our ****. Don’t get me wrong, I’m surprised we got the package so soon, but it kind of feels like Sony’s hammydowns.

Honestly, I’m not impressed Sony. Maybe I’m just being selfish?

Let me know your thoughts.
Advertising

HeroKing

Re: The Welcome Back Package...Is It Enough?

Post by HeroKing » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

they said it would be like that. PS+ members get what's called "full version demo" meaning you get the full version of the game as a free demo that lasts until your subscription ends. as for any games you buy on discount through PS+, you get to keep them for free.
Advertising

ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:18 pm

true, anything you download under the psn+ membership will expire unless you continue the membership, but the two free games are ours to keep.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6289#p69484

on a related note: dead nation ftw.

DaAnimeOtaku

Post by DaAnimeOtaku » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 pm

ultimakillz wrote:true, anything you download under the psn+ membership will expire unless you continue the membership, but the two free games are ours to keep.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6289#p69484

on a related note: dead nation ftw.
oh ffs. dammit sony.
what a waste of download. =_='
i dont even play the ps3 much at spent like 10 gigs on the monthly cap downloading "Free" things from ps plus. i thought i was a really good "free" welcome back gift.
should have known sony to do something like this. fml. :x
PSP 3002 - 4.20 → 5.51 → 6.20 → TN-A → TN-B → TN-C → 5.03 → GEN-C prome-4 → 6.20 → TN-C → TN-D → 6.35 → PRO-B2 → PRO-B3 → 6.20 → PRO-B4 → PRO-B5 → PRO-B6 → PRO-B7 → PRO-B8 → PRO-B9 → PRO-B10
Click here for pure awesomeness

Ragin Raiden

Post by Ragin Raiden » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:05 am

not bad at all,though i cant acces psn on psp(6.20)i got some free games on the ps3 and psp so i can download later
3ds Friend Code: Name: Luis FC:5000-2510-4584
Tell me if you added me

agatio123

Post by agatio123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm

i only got i free games on my psp..its killzone liberation and sony said its two free games
PSP 1000 - 5.00 M33-6
PSP 2000 - 6.39 ME-5
PSP 3000 - 6.20 PRO b6
PSP GO - 6.20 PRO-b6

HeroKing

Post by HeroKing » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:21 pm

agatio123 wrote:i only got i free games on my psp..its killzone liberation and sony said its two free games
go into account management -> transaction management -> services list -> SCEA promotion and you can get the other game there

GSK

Post by GSK » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Alright, first of all, if you missed a free download, go to Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion > Free PSP Game 1 (or 2) > Select Game.

Second, you got free ****. Congratulations. Did Sony owe you? Absolutely not. Enjoy what you got instead of finding new things to complain about.

Third, Sony never said you would be able to keep the games from PlayStation Plus forever. Not once did they ever say that. In fact, that's been a stipulation of Plus since the beginning. Maybe you should read the fine print that appears every time you download something from PlayStation Plus?

Fourth, PlayStation Plus isn't the only thing Sony gave you. They also gave you a free PS3 dynamic theme, two free PSP games, two free PS3 games, three free movie rentals, a multitude of free full game trials (via PS Plus), several PS1 classics and minis for free until your subscription ends (via PS Plus), a dozen free-to-keep-forever PS3 themes (via PS Plus), free-to-keep-forever PSN premium avatars, discounts on PSP/PS3/PSN games, and so much more.

I am so sick and tired of hearing people complain that they don't like the free stuff Sony is offering and that it doesn't make up for their lost online gaming time. You could've been outside doing ****, on a PSP doing ****, or on a computer doing ****. Don't act like the freakin world is coming to an end because you don't have your online gaming.

The kids of this generation are so spoiled rotten it makes me laugh.

TiPi
Retired Mod

Post by TiPi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:56 pm

I was actually surprised $ony gave away something for free..
So yeah, it's more than enough IMO. :-)
Problems or questions? Feel free to contact me.
-My Blog-

Lorz

Post by Lorz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 am

GSK wrote:Alright, first of all, if you missed a free download, go to Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion > Free PSP Game 1 (or 2) > Select Game.

Second, you got free ****. Congratulations. Did Sony owe you? Absolutely not. Enjoy what you got instead of finding new things to complain about.

Third, Sony never said you would be able to keep the games from PlayStation Plus forever. Not once did they ever say that. In fact, that's been a stipulation of Plus since the beginning. Maybe you should read the fine print that appears every time you download something from PlayStation Plus?

Fourth, PlayStation Plus isn't the only thing Sony gave you. They also gave you a free PS3 dynamic theme, two free PSP games, two free PS3 games, three free movie rentals, a multitude of free full game trials (via PS Plus), several PS1 classics and minis for free until your subscription ends (via PS Plus), a dozen free-to-keep-forever PS3 themes (via PS Plus), free-to-keep-forever PSN premium avatars, discounts on PSP/PS3/PSN games, and so much more.

I am so sick and tired of hearing people complain that they don't like the free stuff Sony is offering and that it doesn't make up for their lost online gaming time. You could've been outside doing ****, on a PSP doing ****, or on a computer doing ****. Don't act like the freakin world is coming to an end because you don't have your online gaming.

The kids of this generation are so spoiled rotten it makes me laugh.

Ummmmm keep in mind that after their huge security blunder that put millions of credit cards and identities at risk, that a couple freebies REALLY is the VERY least they could do, You say "Sony doesn't owe us anything"??? Tell that to the people who have thousands of dollars in bogus charges on thier credit cards now, or those who will spend the better part of their lives running away from or trying to fix an identity theft.... I knew a guy who has been through it, he has to have his name changed every few years, he gets collection calls all the time even though he didn't buy anything, threats from people who "want their money", etc....

People get to experience some of their own personal heck thanks to Sonys blunder, and you tell us that "Sony doesn't owe us anything"???? I say speak for yourself!

Return to “General”