Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Error 80220087 memory stick

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
dannemp

Error 80220087 memory stick

Post by dannemp »

What does the error 80220087 mean? I try to format my memory stick( i have a micro sd adapter with a microsd card of 16 gb) but it either tell there is no mms inserted or that error... what is the problem?
Advertising
Strangelove

Re: Error 80220087 memory stick

Post by Strangelove »

It means an operation on the memory stick timed out.

You probably got faulty hardware.
Advertising
"If you have specific questions ... don't hesitate to ask as the more generic the question is the more philosophic the answer will be" - PSPWizard
dannemp

Post by dannemp »

Hmm i've found this:
1) Format the microsdhc with adapter in your PSP. It'll fail.
2) Take the microsdhc out and connect it to a card reader in your PC.
3) When you try to access the card, you'll be told that it's unformatted. It'll ask you to try to format the card.
4) Format the card fat32 with default settings - EXCEPT check on quick format. This seems to be important - because a complete format didn't work for me.
5) Copy the entire contents of a formatted memory stick pro duo. ESPECIALLY with the 2 hidden system files. Besides the folders and these two files, the memory stick should be empty.
6) Turn on the PSP and replace the microsdhc + adapter. The PSP SHOULD recognize the card right away.
7) Add your content to the microsdhc either with the PSP or card reader. Either way, the PSP should recognize the card from now on.

Trying it now...

[Edit] It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hourraaaaa little money, lot of space
djstiv3

Post by djstiv3 »

2017 UPDATE

Hey i have same problem.
I havent tried the fix but i know the solution.
PSP same as PS3 only reads FAT32
it does NOT read EXfat or NTFS as i recall.

In other words of course your psp doesnt recognize it, its like trying to find something in the dark with no flashlight.
At any rate get a program that allows you to change the type or memory it is from exfat or ntfs to fat32.. after that im 100% sure you will be able to format on the psp, in theory.

I dont have time but will one of these days with my 64gb. Otherwise i may use it on my tablet and just say **** it.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

WRONG

PSP read FAT and FAT32 and all large up also 256GB cards ,but no read if card is formated in NTFS ,ext4 etc

Return to “General”