Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is my PSP 3000 officially dead? (Hard bricked?)

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
rarity

Is my PSP 3000 officially dead? (Hard bricked?)

Post by rarity »

While I was trying to install a permanent (only had one with fast recovery before) CFW I got an error about corrupted data, it did it after formatting the flash memory. Is it possible to recover from that or it's officially dead forever? If it's dead I'll look into buying a PSP 1000 but I got a question, are the PSP 1000 indestructible? Or there are bricks in which you can't recover from too on the 1000?
Advertising
qwikrazor87
Guru

Re: Is my PSP 3000 officially dead? (Hard bricked?)

Post by qwikrazor87 »

With the flash being formatted on a PSP 3000 I doubt that model will see the light of day anymore. I bricked mine by messing with kernel files on official firmware, I just reused the working parts on another one. I hope a Pandora battery method will be found out someday for the later models.

Edit:
About the 1k models, as long as you have a Pandora battery and magic memory stick set up you shouldn't need to worry in most cases, there are things you can corrupt, like the ID storage keys, it is recoverable though even when the flash is erased or files are deleted. Just don't go diving into something you're not sure about until you understand what you're running.
Advertising
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Return to “General”