Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP itself problems or user error?

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
fade2black001

PSP itself problems or user error?

Post by fade2black001 »

I just recently bought a used PSP 3000 model and have been having problems. One f the problems is that it seems like the PSP will have problems reading the MS and would ask you to reformat it. Also to mention my PC can see and read it perfectly fine still through the PSP. I also can't seem to update the system manually to 6.61 as when I move the update over to PSP/GAME/UPDATE the file becomes corrupted every time. The system was at 6.20 when I got it and installed 6.60 perfectly fine by moving its install file to the path listed above.

Other questions...

What makes a program on the PSP all of a sudden get corrupted?
While running CFW whats the reason for the system saying that a game could not be started?
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: PSP itself problems or user error?

Post by dmaskell92 »

fade2black001 wrote:What makes a program on the PSP all of a sudden get corrupted?
While running CFW whats the reason for the system saying that a game could not be started?
If you place the app in the incorrect folder directory it will say corrupted, and game could not be started is usually caused by a video driver issue within certain games.

Place the update file in /psp/game/randomfolder/eboot.pbp
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
fade2black001

Post by fade2black001 »

The random folder would of been the Update folder I created but no matter what I do it still get corrupted. All I want to do is emulation on my PSP. I thought I had it once with one as it was running fine and good then next time I try loading it it said it could not be started.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Simple its a MSPD problem ,tray format it on PC via Hard Disk Low Level Format tool i FULL FORMAT and check if it fix. or secend is normal card corruption or end of life and thats problems some times wrong read from it and show corrupted files or 3 option is in PSP slot of MSPD ,maybe need check on anotcher MSPD card in it .
fade2black001

Post by fade2black001 »

Butcher wrote:Simple its a MSPD problem ,tray format it on PC via Hard Disk Low Level Format tool i FULL FORMAT and check if it fix. or secend is normal card corruption or end of life and thats problems some times wrong read from it and show corrupted files or 3 option is in PSP slot of MSPD ,maybe need check on anotcher MSPD card in it .
If one does a full format through Windows then it gets rid of all the folders the PSP uses but regardless that didn't do anything to fix it. I'm going to need to try a different MS now then and see what happens.
fade2black001

Post by fade2black001 »

I used a program that scanned all the sectors on the card and it found none and also chkdisk found nothing as well. At this point I don't think my card is bad. Perhaps its the MS port itself on how it reads it?
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Best is check witch 2 MSPD card ,but if u are 100% sure the card is ok ,then the problem is PSP slot ,tray disable psp and put some stuff on stick that fix connection on gold pins then - on psp side connect and on pins in MSPD connect pins. If that not help u need dig in PSP that hardware and fixing
fade2black001

Post by fade2black001 »

I'm not 100% certain that is not the card still but it just doesn't seem like it is. Also can you elaborate on what you are talking about? What program are you talking about to fix gold pins?
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

If not the card u can chec and clean PSP MSPD slot pins and on PSP mobo pins ,by some cleaning gold pin connections. And tray again how work te MSPD

Return to “General”