Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP 2001 Brick [Solved]

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
HoneyBadger1650

PSP 2001 Brick [Solved]

Post by HoneyBadger1650 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:14 am

Hey everyone,
I've got a PSP 2001 system which (I think) is soft bricked (might be hard bricked at this point). Essentially, my PSP died two days ago from a dead battery, but it was working fine before it died. After charging it, I unplugged the charger and turned it on only to get a black screen with the power LED on (went out after about 20 seconds or so). I then looked around on the internet, and did the "home, select, start, cross, triangle" method, and it kind of worked. The PSP started up with the Sony Computer Entertainment animation and went to the wave background, but none of the icons came up on the screen, and the PSP wouldn't shut down just by flicking the power switch (I had to hold it for about 10 seconds for it to shut down, or just pull the battery out). For some reason, I thought that uninstalling my CFW (PRO 6.61) would maybe fix the issue by removing the bad firmware and restoring tho the OFW. Well, that obviously didn't work, so now I have no custom recovery and a messed up 6.61 OFW. I tried to make a pandora battery (removed the pin that goes to line 19, and the pin on the opposite side of the controller closest to the "I" of ICO4. I plugged the battery in, and the PSP didn't turn on automatically like it should have. I did make a magic memory stick using PSP Grader 8, but that's not going to do me any good when the PSP isn't even responding to me. I do have a flash backup that I made with Hellcat's recovery saved on my card which I was trying to restore to back before I uninstalled the CFW, but it gave an error saying that it couldn't assign flash0, so I just gave up with that. I also tried to install 5.00 OFW through Hellcat as well, but it gave the same error as well as these:
Error 80010002 loading/starting nand_updater.prx
Error 80010002 loading/staarting ltfatfs_updater.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lflash_fatmt_updater.prx
Since I don't have a recovery anymore, I'm under the impression that this unit is essentially trash I should just get rid of it. I just wanted to come on here and ask if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it since it's a shame to get rid of something that's otherwise in perfect condition...
Also, let me know if there's any extra info you need!
Thanks so much in advance!
Advertising
Last edited by HoneyBadger1650 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PSP 2001 Brick

Post by fate6 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:48 am

Sounds like when my 2k's NAND was corrupted beyond repair, you can still use the system with time machine but if it is similar to mine then not even pandora can fix it.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

HoneyBadger1650

Post by HoneyBadger1650 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Since I tried to make a pandora battery and it isn't automatically turning on the PSP, do you think I did something wrong, or should I try and make another pandora on my second battery that I have? (both are genuine Sony batteries btw). Thx for the idea about Time Machine, but doesn't that require a pandora battery to work, or will it work if I do the little "home, select, start, etc." trick to boot the psp?

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 am

It will require the pandora battery to boot sadly since, if you have or know anyone with a 1k PSP or an old enough 2k they could make the battery for you , there is an option in every "modern" CFW's recovery menu to do it.
BTW iirc not all batteries can be hard modded to pandora, after some time SONY fixed it i think but IDK its been many years.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Butcher

Post by Butcher » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Any PSP 100x and 200x - any mobo in it can by moded. The Pandora no boot automatic its only by changing soft mode or hard mode a baterry CODE type - from normal to service.

tray make via PSP Tool softmode Pandora and then reinstall OFW (Of corse back to normal battery mode via backing pins or tray on secend) - and test if u have normal no porblem restore system or if u have some errors ,u need to replese NAND of PSP or using PSP in Test mode from pandora (FW is akt like normal but instade runs from Card)

Klink

Post by Klink » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Grab a pandora battery you can use a friend's PSP to change it's serial or buy a datel blue led one from ebay for a few $, it's good quality got mine since age.

Best regards, Colonel Klink!

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Butcher wrote:Any PSP 100x and 200x - any mobo in it can by moded.
Nope not all 2k PSP's as Pandora was fixed on the later ones and the writing to the batt EEPROM was removed after the first batch.

Butcher

Post by Butcher » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Most PS 200x what i haved old to new batteries on matcherboards also tesed up to ta88v3 was no problem to save pandora serial. maybe is but i have like from 1st relesed ,PSP and latest

No good haved in injectin IPL ,have many orginal or not MSPD cards and on most orginal or not up to 4GB is no problem witch space on IPL on 8GG orginal most not work. But on Adapter witch some MicroSD 2-32GB in some work in some not

But make pandora or grab any PSP from friend some and make in it Pandora and MMS and use on own PSP
Last edited by Butcher on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fighter19

Post by Fighter19 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 pm

TA-088v3 MOBOs which are the most common ones are not "moddable" (Under your battery check if it's 8C, if it is you're out of luck for Pandora). You can still install a CFW but that works without modifying the IPL which gets checked by the CPU (if I recall correctly).
A way to unbrick TA85-v3 was to use a modified MS together with official leaked Sony tools, which isn't really legal. However there might be someone who could unbrick it even then, is what I'm trying to say.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/PSP/Motherboards

Butcher

Post by Butcher » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi have any CFW so must by near ta-88v3 and also hi can check what ahve in PSP Ident - need check and make pandora if hi can and will by fix easy

For up to Ta-88v3 mobo only:
Hard mode use any from 2 pc MMSPD card for pandora making + mode battery
Soft mode: use PSP tools and make mms and pandora

Return to “General”