Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Bounty Thread for Rollcage Stage II working eboot on PSP

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
rsn8887

Bounty Thread for Rollcage Stage II working eboot on PSP

Post by rsn8887 »

DISCLAIMER: This bounty thread is in no way, shape or form associated with the people running /talk, and as such noone from /talk will take responsibility for it. It is all rsn8887 here so proceed at your own risk.

Rationale: The current status of Rollcage Stage II eboot on psp is that the game hangs at the PS logo. This happens for any pops version. No version that anyone ever released works on the PSP.

I want to start this bounty thread to allow users to create working eboots of Rollcage Stage II PSX from their isos, an eboot that boots and plays fine on any PSP with popsloader set to v3.52 or v6.60.

If enough board members pledge here, I hope an experienced developer might jump in and be able to provide a patch for the iso to make the generated eboot (generated with psx2psp) compatible with pops, or an explanation of an easy-to-follow process of how to make the game work on PSP. I am not a developer, so I am not aware of how difficult this task might be. Hopefully, it will turn out to just be a simple nop of some instructions that cause pops to hang, resulting in a small patch file we can all apply to our isos that we rip from our original games.

Note: Something similar was accomplished 2 years ago for Skullmonkeys by a Russian dev, resulting in an eboot of Skullmonkeys that now works on the PSP.

RULES:

1) Anyone who wants to donate any amount of money to a dev who accomplishes this, will write under this thread and i will add it to the main list here.
2) Nobody will pay anything until a dev releases it.
3) Do not pledge if you are not going to pay when it is released.
4) All donations will be done to the dev. Not to me, not to a third party.

Total Donation pledges:
rsn8887: $50
Advertising
Last edited by rsn8887 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rsn8887

Re: Bounty Thread for Rollcage Stage II working eboot on PSP

Post by rsn8887 »

I start by contributing my own pledge of $50.
Advertising
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Have you tried any of the versions already floating around pirate sites? I'm downloading one right now (just for testing, will delete in 24 hours.) I'll post the results.

EDIT: Popsloader compatibility chart

Just one of those games I guess -_-
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Exactly, many versions are floating around, but nothing works.
Swallagoon

Post by Swallagoon »

Yup, none work. I've been messing around with the original disc loader files and stuff (SLUS_008.67 etc) but don't really know what to look for. Hopefully it's something simple...
lesdennis

Post by lesdennis »

Rollcage and Rollcage 2 were quite unique PS1 games

all other PS1 games were data CD's (which contained audio files within the game data)

Rollcage and Rollcage 2 were actually audio CD's (.cda) which also contained a data file (the game) as such you could pop them into a CD audio player and the game music would play or pop into your PS1 and the game would play - I don't recall any other PS1 games like this

you will notice the cue files for these games contain 14+ tracks; audio tracks and 1 data file, whereas all other ps1 cue files contain 1 track; the data file only

rollcage 1 was using a standard CD (700mb), rollcage 2 was using an oversized CD (upto 1 gig i think?)

I suspect if the audio tracks could be correctly removed from the bin , the remaining files then saved and converted to an eboot you might be able to get a working version (i have tried - Sony PS1 America logo best i got)

not sure if this would help anyone, but I too would love to play Rollcage 2 (or 1 with music) on PSP/Vita
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

No. There were hundreds of PS1 games that were audio cds, for example WipeOut is another one.

There's absolutely nothing special in that regard about Rollcage 1 or 2.

Also, Rollcage 1 already works just fine with music.

You just have to use the CDDA Enabler plugin to make the audio work. The same is true for WipeOut and many other games.

The CDDA Enabler plugin is here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41330
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Hmm, I tested out Rollcage Stage II, it doesn't crash, it just hangs in a loop somewhere. I'll see if I can track it down sometime to see where it's happening.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
JustAnyone

Post by JustAnyone »

Sorry for bumping this thread, but i have made (kind of) possible way for it to work.
There was a preview version of this game leaked and it is only one file so i gave it a try with psx2psp and it is working!
I dont know if i am allowed to post links of games here, but if i am then pm me asap.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 v2 - 6.60 ME - 16GB SD card
PS2 Slim - SCPH-77003 - FMCB 1.963 - 250GB HDD
Xbox 360 Slim - Corona v1 - RGH2 - 1TB HDD
Samsung Galaxy S8 - G-950f - Android 9
PC - I5-3570 - 16GB ram - AMD RX580 8gb

Return to “General”