Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

128 Gigabyte Memory Stick for PSP

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
OldGnashburg
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada: A place with free healthcare, and f*ck-load of Oil and Uranium.

Re: 128 Gigabyte Memory Stick for PSP

Post by OldGnashburg »

So buy the Adapters and 2 same model Memory Cards,
Then take first card, stick it into first slot, format it. Then take second card, stick it into second slot. Then put both in and then format them? Would one be able to format both without doing them individual?
Advertising
Gnash, Gnash, Gnash...

Post by 11770 »

even doing this i believe the max the psp can actually read is 64gb (two 32gb)? my friend said anything higher didnt work on his psp 1000 (fat). as for your question. i don't know.
Advertising
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

11770 wrote:even doing this i believe the max the psp can actually read is 64gb (two 32gb)? my friend said anything higher didnt work on his psp 1000 (fat). as for your question. i don't know.
The Z wrote:Just for your information.

PSP firmware 6.60 (OFW) should support up to 128GB or 256GB.

M33 and ME/LME CFW can support up to 2TB (yes, 2000GB), if you are able to find such a large memory stick.

Good old Dark~AleX was able to extend it thus far :)
He/You is/are wrong.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Murmandamus

Post by Murmandamus »

OldGnashburg wrote:So buy the Adapters and 2 same model Memory Cards,
Then take first card, stick it into first slot, format it. Then take second card, stick it into second slot. Then put both in and then format them? Would one be able to format both without doing them individual?

You dont have to have the same 2 model cards. When i got my 1st adapter way back i only had one Chinese knock off 8 GB no brand card and a 1GB PNY card from a old mobile phone and it worked perfectly, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have 2 of the same cards with same speeds etc. Now as far as formatting you skipped one step so here goes. Step 1- Take MircoSD card #1 & insert it into the Slot marked 1 on the adapter. Step 2- Insert the adapter into the PSP and go to the Format option & format it. Step 3- Remove the adapter from the PSP and remove MicroSD #1 card & set it aside. Step 4- Take MicroSD card #2 insert it into the adapter in the slot mark 1 ALSO & then insert it into the PSP and format. Step 5- Remove the adapter from the PSP insert Micro SD card #1 into the adapter in the slot marked 2 then reinsert the adapter into the PSP as you will then have 1 formatted MicroSD card in each of the Slots marked 1 & 2 and your adapter will now show however many GB are available for use. Now as i said before these adapters are VERY delicate so be easy with them. any other questions? If not good luck.
bengalih

Post by bengalih »

For anyone still having issues formatting high capacity drives you can see the guide I've posted here:

viewtopic.php?p=419646

Return to “General”