Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

i don't get what makes the new psp mobo's unhackable?????

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
cscash241
Banned

i don't get what makes the new psp mobo's unhackable?????

Post by cscash241 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:22 pm

title says it all :ugeek: :ugeek:
Advertising

Zecoxao

Re: i don't get what makes the new psp mobo's unhackable????

Post by Zecoxao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:43 pm

I suppose it's related with battery's IPL, or in other terms, PandorAble or not. Better check if someone replies to this.
Also, don't we have a FAQ around here? I think that question is already answered....
Advertising
My sig is original :D

haydeshell

Post by haydeshell » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:00 pm

cscash241 wrote:title says it all :ugeek: :ugeek:
If im rite its because there is something on the mother.b that makes the pandora not work :D

cscash241
Banned

Post by cscash241 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 pm

i know why a Pandora doesn't work but why can't you flash with a hen and have cfw? apparently it has something to do with some ipl **** so what if we exploited the new ipl?????? :D

Zecoxao

Post by Zecoxao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 pm

CFW is a term that exists BECAUSE of Pandora, or else you wouldn't mess around with the debug options. It gives direct access to the kernel also, so you can, if you want, delete all flash 0 from the memory stick, if you're dumb enough.
Oh and you need a certain Key in order to reach it. puting a certain serial (0xFFFFFFFF) in PSP's batteries is just the first step, you then have to find out the Key (IPL). Obviously, Despertar del Cementerio does that for you, and even implements it.
My sig is original :D

cscash241
Banned

Post by cscash241 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Zecoxao wrote:CFW is a term that exists BECAUSE of Pandora, or else you wouldn't mess around with the debug options. It gives direct access to the kernel also, so you can, if you want, delete all flash 0 from the memory stick, if you're dumb enough.
Oh and you need a certain Key in order to reach it. puting a certain serial (0xFFFFFFFF) in PSP's batteries is just the first step, you then have to find out the Key (IPL). Obviously, Despertar del Cementerio does that for you, and even implements it.
my point is why can't we just flash cfw from hen apparently this won't work on the new mobo but what if we exploit the ipl on the new mobo????? :D i think it will flash but the psp won't boot so thats y it bricks???

jaja2u

Post by jaja2u » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:53 am

To flash a cfw, it required several hardware and software tricks. But with the new motherboards and batteries, these tricks don't work anymore. (at least the hardware ones don't)

The newer motherboards seem to be fairly secure, and I'm sure some devs have already tried to exploit it. It's no use, and it's not possible anymore. There is no more permanent cfw's on the newer firmwares.
Thank you Total_Noob :mrgreen:

coyotebean
Guru

Post by coyotebean » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 am

It's the same reason why we cannot run homebrew without exploit. Official code are encrypted and "signed". We cannot forge the encryption and "signature" (actually one of the "signature" method can be forged because of a timing issue). (Well, Datel did show us they were capable of encryption and signature with their ActionReplay for OFW 6.20)

Pandora exploited the PSP boot code (the Pre-IPL, now embedded in the "CPU+Flash+Memory+Kirk" chip) to make booting custom code possible.

In order to investigate the exploitability of the newer Pre-IPL, one would need to dump the Pre-IPL code. There is no open knowledge of the newer Pre-IPL of newer mobo being dumped (most likely requires reverse engineering the "CPU" chip to dump the Pre-IPL). When the code is dumped, there is no guarantee the code can be exploited to run custom code.
GBASP x1, GBM x2, NDSL x2, PSP 100X x3, PSP 200X x6, PSP 300X x5, PSP Go x4, Wii x1

m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:30 am

coyotebean said it all.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"

cscash241
Banned

Post by cscash241 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:39 pm

could we dump the ipl with some crazy hardware and tn's kernel exploit when it comes out ?? :D

Return to “General”