Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
#200094 by NNNRT
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm
The Z wrote:I dont know if its important, but the black PSP E1000 (DateCode 1C) and the white PSP E1000 (DateCode 2B) have the same motherboards, no difference.

Yeah, you're right; not any difference. But there can be a difference in the motherboards themselves, I mean their shape or how they look...
Advertising
#215432 by headsh0t95
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 am
Hey, i have a fairly old PSP 3004 (date code 8D) which had / still has a physically broken MS slot for 9 months. I have finally managed to make it accept a Memorystick using a very thick piece of paper. Now i have ran PSPEverest on it. It gives me an odd thing: It says i have a ta-090v3 motherboard, which is not listed here.

Spoiler

What's going on with this PSP? Is this a malfunction of the motherboard or has the guy from which i bought it (and after 3 weeks of use it broke on me) put in a very strange motherboard?
At least, the 2 screws on the left side (left dpad / motherboard), are missing in this unit.

Next (off-topic) question: Battery information in PSP Everest shows : Total Capacity 1099 mAh, remain capacity 1085 mAh. Is that a good condition? (the battery lasts pretty long)
It's serial number and Mode option are not listed, but that's probably because of this PSP being not-pandora compatible.
Spoiler

Thanks for helping me,

HS95
Advertising
#216254 by naki-the-curious
Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:04 pm
headsh0t95 wrote:Hey, i have a fairly old PSP 3004 (date code 8D) which had / still has a physically broken MS slot for 9 months. I have finally managed to make it accept a Memorystick using a very thick piece of paper. Now i have ran PSPEverest on it. It gives me an odd thing: It says i have a ta-090v3 motherboard, which is not listed here.

Spoiler

What's going on with this PSP? Is this a malfunction of the motherboard or has the guy from which i bought it (and after 3 weeks of use it broke on me) put in a very strange motherboard?
At least, the 2 screws on the left side (left dpad / motherboard), are missing in this unit.

Next (off-topic) question: Battery information in PSP Everest shows : Total Capacity 1099 mAh, remain capacity 1085 mAh. Is that a good condition? (the battery lasts pretty long)
It's serial number and Mode option are not listed, but that's probably because of this PSP being not-pandora compatible.
Spoiler

Thanks for helping me,

HS95

for the first question, read page 2 of this thread. I had the same thing and it is explained there :)
#354012 by 007
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:28 pm
I consider this list wrong. I mean its got 3000 09g showing lowest possible OF 6.20. This firmware breaks the device. List should show lowest possible OFW as it does but should also show lowest proper or supported without problems OFW.

This current list will lead ppl to downgrading to 6.20 on systems where it is unstable who wouldnt of downgraded if they were aware.
#354013 by The Z
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:43 pm
007 wrote:I consider this list wrong. I mean its got 3000 09g showing lowest possible OF 6.20. This firmware breaks the device. List should show lowest possible OFW as it does but should also show lowest proper or supported without problems OFW.

This current list will lead ppl to downgrading to 6.20 on systems where it is unstable who wouldnt of downgraded if they were aware.

*wouldnt have

The 3000 09g devices can use the 3000 04g devices firmwares, even thought it is not 100% stable.

Since the firmware can be installed, without booting it from the memory stick, like the 1.50 for the PSP 2000s via time machine, I consider this as "the lowest possible firmware the device can run on its own".

Pandora/Timemachine runs from the memory stick and the 1.50 "slim" firmware can not be flashed and booted by the PSP alone, so I do not consider this to be the "lowest possible firmware" for the slim devices.

That, and it would look stupid to say the lowest possible firmware is 6.30, and then refer to install the 6.20 PRO/LME CFW. I would "combine" the 07g/09g sections, if it would not be for the perma patch and "enforced downgrade".
#354015 by 007
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:14 pm
so add a row saying lowest stable ofw with 6.30 just a suggestion. or ignore me was just a thought.

And if its not 100% stable it shouldnt be suggested.

I mean you could drop your psp on the ground and not break the screen 100% of the time however I would not suggest it.
#354017 by The Z
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:25 pm
As far as I know, the only unstable thing of the "enforced downgrade" installation of the 6.20 is the standby mode, thats it.

I would call it a big flaw, but not a major one (e.g. no wifi, no umd drive, etc).
#358972 by ss4gogeta069
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 pm
ok, I'm prob gonna get blasted for this but I can't find anything out. I've looked. I may just be blind. I'm trying to buy a used PSP2001. I have the serial number and that's it. It starts with HU3. It's US so there is no date code. Can I install CFW? Or is that not enough info.
#358976 by The Z
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Install the 6.60 LME-2.2 CFW (can be installed at every PSP).

Then run PSPident and check back your motherboard with the one of the chart.