Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
User avatar
Mateus
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by Mateus » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:31 pm

sorry but..I must ask,i always had the "Speed up memory stick" in my Configuration menu,but,by fear,i always let it on Disable,can it be Useful on a Memory stick of 8 GB ? Thanks :)
Advertising

User avatar
Aneudi2012
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Planet Vegeta

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by Aneudi2012 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:56 am

I have a 16gb card but I do not if it is fake. I read the articles but am still confused. I do not know if I can post pictures of the card here to see if you guys think it is real or not. It says Magicgate Unknown when i press triangle and info BTW. And is using the "speed MS" feature safe, or can it mess up the card?
Advertising
[spoiler]ImagePSN Gamercards[/spoiler]

User avatar
jack52032
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:17 am

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by jack52032 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:32 am

Aneudi2012 wrote:I have a 16gb card but I do not if it is fake. I read the articles but am still confused. I do not know if I can post pictures of the card here to see if you guys think it is real or not. It says Magicgate Unknown when i press triangle and info BTW. And is using the "speed MS" feature safe, or can it mess up the card?
its safe

User avatar
Mateus
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by Mateus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:04 am

is it useful to enable speed up memory stick option for a 8GB ?

User avatar
jack52032
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:17 am

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by jack52032 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Mateus wrote:is it useful to enable speed up memory stick option for a 8GB ?
Yeah

User avatar
Mateus
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by Mateus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:54 pm

but what must i pick ? Always ? VSH & Game ? Pop ?

User avatar
The Z
VIP
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: PREUẞEN, DEUTSCHLAND
Contact:

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by The Z » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Use always. Disable it if something breaks if sped up.

Otherwise, always.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.60 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

User avatar
Mateus
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by Mateus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:07 pm

but can someone explain me why this is useful ? that interest me.

User avatar
TecXero
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 am
Location: Mainframe

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by TecXero » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Using the plugin or using the built in speed up? It simply increases the access speed, not the read/write speed. It's rather useful if you're not using official memory sticks, like myself. I'm using a micro SDHC adapter for my 64GB micro SDHC card. Far cheap than the official stick.
PSP Slim CFW 6.60 ME-2.2
Wii 4.3 d2x cIOS v10-alt Beta53 Base 56 & 57

User avatar
Mateus
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by Mateus » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 pm

TecXero wrote:Using the plugin or using the built in speed up? It simply increases the access speed, not the read/write speed. It's rather useful if you're not using official memory sticks, like myself. I'm using a micro SDHC adapter for my 64GB micro SDHC card. Far cheap than the official stick.
Oh i see,well my memory card is a Sundex,not a sony...Thanks for the tip :)

Post Reply

Return to “General”