Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
MadZiontist

Re: HOW TO: Speed Up Memory Stick

Post by MadZiontist »

Too bad the PSP can't read the exFAT format. I wonder if a CFW update could accomplish that :?:

Using Windows ReadyBoost feature is another great way to speed up your mem stick. You'll have to cough up a small percentage of your MS space for caching, but it's worth it.

Just click on your PSP in Windows, and select properties, then ReadyBoost. Then select the "Dedicate This Device To ReadyBoost" option. Hit "Apply" and "OK", and enjoy faster mem stick speeds!

If you wanna get rid of the ReadyBoost feature being used, just disable it in Windows.

And nice .py script Acid! There were some folders I had to recreate, but it saved me a lot of hassle!
Advertising
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
DodoGTA

Post by DodoGTA »

How I can access recovery menu?
Advertising
I am Growtopia Player :-) My GrowID: DodoGTA
My PSP: PSP E1000 (Street)
satan89

Post by satan89 »

Either via vsh menu (select button) or press and hold R shoulder button while booting the PSP (ME, LME perma. Not sure if it works with pro)
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Wolfmade wrote:
MadZiontist wrote:Using Windows ReadyBoost feature is another great way to speed up your mem stick. You'll have to cough up a small percentage of your MS space for caching, but it's worth it.
Windows ReadyBoost allows Windows to use your device for Windows-related cache stuff. It has no effect on using the same drive on non-windows devices.
Exactly it also consumes some of your memory card space for the benefit of windows not for PSP.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow

Return to “General”