Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
#127927 by noname120
Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:39 pm
We are waiting for you on #ProCOnline ;)

EDIT: Coldbird, do you think it's doable to reverse engineer games to target the timeout and in this way, increase this a bit ?
This would be a huge work but maybe it is doable for the most famous games ?
Advertising
Last edited by noname120 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#127928 by diablos222
Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:44 pm
where are you from coldbird? This will help you to get testers from Europe. Im from Poland myself, I would really like to help, but I cant because of my crappy internet.
Advertising
#127935 by Someone25
Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm
Try LordOfArcana its kinda like MH but with a nice story and magic twist it also has a nice room set for ad hoc and friend list (maybe good for you're other game test ;) )
#127950 by Coldbird
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm
Guys - I will gladly accept testers, however due to the distance limitations... lets limit it to german users for the time being.
I know everyone of you guys want to jump aboard but with timeout problems at hand I really need people that live nearby to cut down on ping / latency.

As for patching games to increase timeout values internally... yes - this would work, however this would have to be done for every game on its own...
Godeater would need a patch, Monster Hunter, every other game, etc... also... it's unclear how this would influence game stability... it could in fact produce ingame lag or timing problems.
#127951 by Disturbed0ne
Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am
Coldbird wrote:Guys - I will gladly accept testers, however due to the distance limitations... lets limit it to german users for the time being.
I know everyone of you guys want to jump aboard but with timeout problems at hand I really need people that live nearby to cut down on ping / latency.

As for patching games to increase timeout values internally... yes - this would work, however this would have to be done for every game on its own...
Godeater would need a patch, Monster Hunter, every other game, etc... also... it's unclear how this would influence game stability... it could in fact produce ingame lag or timing problems.


Good to know, that's going to cut the list down considerably. Most of the people I've talked to about this are either from Western Europe (Italy, France etc.) or from the US.

I'm sad that I won't be able to help but I wish you (and who ever can help) the best of luck! 8-)
#127953 by Coldbird
Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:10 am
Thanks DO.
People like VF and other people with multiple PSPs will do the testing now anyway, using a laboratory LAN setup, so it should be fairly easy now.
#127967 by GhettoBeta59
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 am
Coldbird wrote:Thanks DO.
People like VF and other people with multiple PSPs will do the testing now anyway, using a laboratory LAN setup, so it should be fairly easy now.

I believe it is pronounced D1 ;) And I would gladly test, but I don't even have a friggin wi-fi connection at my house...
#127984 by Disturbed0ne
Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:52 am
GhettoBeta59 wrote:
Coldbird wrote:Thanks DO.
People like VF and other people with multiple PSPs will do the testing now anyway, using a laboratory LAN setup, so it should be fairly easy now.

I believe it is pronounced D1 ;) And I would gladly test, but I don't even have a friggin wi-fi connection at my house...


CB can call me anything he likes. :lol: He's a big part of the group that's made my PSP fun to use again. 8-)

Also, CB is limiting the testing of PRO-C online to people who live in Germany only so that lag/ping distance isn't such a big issue, it will help this get done a lot faster so the rest of us can enjoy this firmware a lot quicker than it would have been done with testers all over the world.
#128010 by kakarotto
Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 am
Coldbird wrote:Guys - I will gladly accept testers, however due to the distance limitations... lets limit it to german users for the time being.
I know everyone of you guys want to jump aboard but with timeout problems at hand I really need people that live nearby to cut down on ping / latency.

As for patching games to increase timeout values internally... yes - this would work, however this would have to be done for every game on its own...
Godeater would need a patch, Monster Hunter, every other game, etc... also... it's unclear how this would influence game stability... it could in fact produce ingame lag or timing problems.


Ok, Coldbird. The important thing is that VF is able to try your works ;)
If it could be useful, what i can offer is to try with my italian friend, who lives 70km far from me.
Let me know if you need my help.
Ah, i say it everytime and i may be boring, but again: thanks for your work!
#128035 by LiveMChief
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:26 pm
Coldbird wrote:Okay guys... some new results from testing with Aznk earlier.
The connectivity problems we have really are timeout related... sad to tell but it seems we still got that bit of distance as a gaming criteria...

God Eater Burst seems to not work with anything over 120ms ping... which sadly... (Sorry guys...) rules out Bou and Aznk for further testing (atleast with me... as I'm from europe).
I didn't keep a log about Kakarottos ping values to my end... so I can't tell whether he makes a suitable testing partner for me just yet.

Other games will have other maximum latency values... so don't fret, all this test results mean is that there is a certain distance limit between the players.
For God Eater this would mean - continental limits... European players only play with european players... US with US... Asian with Asian, etc. to ensure the 120ms max ping...

On the brighter side... this tests today have proven the stability and functionality of the PDP library, which means we are now moving onto new games, or atleast different tests.
VF has kindly volunteered to do LAN testing for me to test the functionality of the library, as he has access to 3 PSPs while I only have access to 1.

With his help on testing the emulators functionality in a laboratory-like setup, we will be able to make bigger steps in verifying proper functionality. :D


What if we own a european game and live in the US?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 2 guests