Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to add your homebrew to /Downloads

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
wololo
Site Admin

How to add your homebrew to /Downloads

Post by wololo »

Our Homebrew Database, /Downloads, now accepts user submissions.

No login is required for now, and you can :
- Add new Homebrews
- Add New versions for existing Homebrews
- Add additonal download links for an existing version of a homebrew

(In /Downloads, homebrews are categorized in a "tree": a Game can have several versions, and a version can have several download links)

By adding your homebrew in /Downloads, you get better visibility for your homebrew, and your homebrew will be regularly displayed to thousands of people in the "random homebrew" section on the forums. Basically, it's yet another way to promote your work and give it high visibility.
You can also add other people's homebrew if, like me, you'd like to see this database grow as the "ultimate" PSP homebrew database.

Important note: because no login is required, entries are moderated. It can take several days for me to review your entries, please be patient.

Adding a new Homebrew
To add a new homebrew, you will find a Enter new Game/App link directly on the /Downloads site.

Once you click on that link, just enter the information for your homebrew: homebrew description, version information, and a download link (if needed, you can add more versions and download links later, once your entry has been approved)
Important: Some fields such as the image url and the thumbnail url are not necessary, but strongly recommended: people are much more interested in a homebrew if they can see a screenshot. Please note that I do not provide hosting for the images or for your homebrew for now, but this might change in the future.
Important: The download link can be either a direct link, or a link to the page hosting the download (it can be your home page, or a megaupload page, etc...). Please no "cash" links in the type of ads.fly.
Important: PC applications are accepted too, as long as they are directly related to the PSP, the PS3, or the Vita. Anything not related to the PSP/PS3/Vita will be rejected. I am not sure about themes, for now they are not accepted, but if there is some demand, I'll think about it.

You will then see the following screen, please wait for a few days until I review your entry:

Important: Please enter your entry carefully. The site will not check for your typos or mistakes. An entry that has issues (download link not working, etc...) will take more time to be reviewed, or might be simply rejected.

Adding a new Version or new download links to an existing homebrew
To add information on an existing homebrew, you can go directly to that homebrew's page (for example, http://www.wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/880 ). The page shows you the homebrew information, followed by information about the latest version, followed by download links.
The version information and the download links section have a "+" symbol, which allows you to add the necessary information: clicking on the + symbol in the version box will allow you to add a new version (and associated download links). Clicking on the "+" symbol in the downloads section will allow you to add download links for the current version.

FAQ
I entered a new game several days ago, but when I go to the game's page, it says the game is pending review
I manually check each entry, it can takes several days before I review your entry

I entered a new game several days ago, but when I go to the game's page, it says the page does not exist (error 404)
This means your entry has been rejected, and we deleted it. Reasons for your entry being rejected include:
- Your entry was not for a homebrew or a utility (it was spam, or warez, or a link to something unrelated ,etc...)
- Your entry was missing the correct information (download link, etc...)
- Your entry was a duplicate of an existing homebrew (in that case, we do our best to update the existing homebrew with the finrmation you added)
- We tested the homebrew and it didn't work on any of our test machines
- The information about the homebrew was inaccurate/incomplete (example: you claimed to be the author, and we found out you actually just copy/pasted somebody else's work)

This is currently a beta, I want to see how things go, please let me know what additional features/fixes you'd like (I know it's still a bit cranky, there's *lots* of stuff I want to add, but I need to prioritize based on my free time)

I hope you'll enjoy these new features :)
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Killerfeeshy

Re: How to add your homebrew to /Downloads

Post by Killerfeeshy »

Nice, i'll add my brews when i get time to ;)
Advertising
70 M3 M7 P5P 15 L1K3 4 DRUG 1F I75 /\/07 I/\/ M7 P0CK37 1M G0/\//\/4 P4/\/1C
My Homebrews
Crazy Eyes
ProKill
Top Down Racing
And others currently unreleased
Got any questions? http://www.ask.fm/Killerfeeshy
Powerblaster

Post by Powerblaster »

Wow! that would be great. i will upload soon, our PSP Homebrew games. it called "Star SPace Shooter" :) .
[spoiler]Image -- NAH! This is how you crack your PSVITA Savedata!-- [[~@ by Jackson Zee~]][/spoiler]
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

very nice.
i tryed to submitter a game which isn´t @ the list then all my entries are lost :evil:
error
Error 500
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`wololo`.`downloads_game`, CONSTRAINT `downloads_game_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`platformId`) REFERENCES `downloads`.`downloads_platform` (`id`))
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

toBsucht: thanks for your reply and many apologies for your lost work :(
I fixed the issue, can you try again?

Casavult

Post by Casavult »

wololo wrote:...
This is a very cool feature Wololo, great work.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

Done ;)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks guys. I'm seeing some entries coming in, which is great. :D
As much as possible, please use the "search" button to see if a homebrew you want to ad is already in there.
I've seen for example a new entry for TNT Dude, which we already have here: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/755
So I rejected the entry, but added the link.

In the future, I will try to automate this search process (if you enter a new homebrew, the system might try to find "related" homebrews... and let you know about them?). In the meantime, please use the "search" to see if you game is already in there.

Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

That was me :oops: I'm still new to the "add your own uploads" part of /downloads, I know what to do now. :lol: I've got a few more that I still have to search, then add if they're not already there.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I added a javascript plugin to the forum that detects some homebrew names and popups some information about them. Hopefully it will be useful, and motivate people to add more homebrews :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9406

Return to “Homebrews”