Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New To The PSP Looking For Some Advice

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
RonneySingh

New To The PSP Looking For Some Advice

Post by RonneySingh »

Just picked up a PSP 1001 at a garage sale. Needed a new battery, a new charger, and some serious cleaning. I got all of those things taken care of and now I'm looking to update and load custom firmware and all that. I'm looking to get the PRO-C firmware (open to suggestions if anyone has any, of course) but I need to update the stock firmware to the latest.

Wifi won't work because it can't even see my network, even when I went into my router and turned off the security (it showed up in a scan once but said "not compatible"). So, I went to the sony site to get the manual update file. Plugged the PSP into my computer, found the right folder to paste the update file into and I'm 416kb short on space (it only has a 32meg memory card in it).

Do I have any other options to get this thing updated? Or should I just suck it up and source a larger memory card?

Thanks for any advice and I'm stoked to do some modding and have some fun with this thing.
Advertising
Last edited by dmaskell92 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Malicious Links in Signature
blake1211

Re: New To The PSP Looking For Some Advice

Post by blake1211 »

The psp update file should fit on a 32MB card check the card for any files that might be taking up space. if you can't delete anything you should get another MS.

You can update through UMD games but most have lower version of the firmware which would be useless. I think the highest update on a umd is 6.20 or 6.60

I would suggest getting a bigger memory stick if you plan on putting any games or emulators on it. 4GB is decent for just emulators and 1 or 2 games.

What some people do is buy something like this

https://www.newegg.com/p/0UF-00E4-00011

You can put two micro SD cards in it and get more space for a cheaper price than normal pro duos (especially now)
Advertising
Nemo1984

Re: New To The PSP Looking For Some Advice

Post by Nemo1984 »

I have a single 128GB card in mine and it works flawlessly. I have also firmware 6.61 and CFW PRO 6.61 Yoti Mod. I'm very happy so far with this setup.

EDIT: I also have a plugin that fixes PSX music. I don't have the name nearby, will post it tonight when I get home.

CFW Here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249&hilit=cfw+pro

Return to “Homebrews”