Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] CMFileManager PSP

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Joel16

[Release] CMFileManager PSP

Post by Joel16 »

Considering the mess of CyanogenPSP, an old project of mine that I wrote when I was around 16, I wanted to give my favorite handled one final contribution. CyanogenPSP, may *look good* and *work* well in the most part, however the code base that it uses is a huge horrible mess and I can't emphasize it any further. I'm noticing this now as I approach my final year in Computer Engineering. The file manager in it never even worked, the coding concepts used inside of it is very bad, many duplicate functions that do the same thing, no proper error handling, bad use of resources etc. I wouldn't want anyone to use that as a code base to anything, hence why I want to make one final contribution no matter how late it is. A final contribution with a clean, dev-friendly open source code base. My answer to this CM File Manager PSP - a minimalistic approach to a file manager with a variety of user friendly features. PS. I don't care how late this is, the PSP is an amazing device and I want to do this even if just 3-4 people are interested.

More screenshots!

Features:
See README.md: https://github.com/joel16/CMFileManager ... /README.md

Anticipated features:
  • Media (reading text files)
Downloads:
https://github.com/joel16/CMFileManager-PSP/releases
Advertising
Last edited by Joel16 on Thu May 30, 2019 6:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
SilentTrik

Re: [Release] CMFileManager PSP

Post by SilentTrik »

The first pleasant and convenient file manager in the history of the PSP.
flash0 and flash1 maybe worth removing the default and activate them only in the settings. And maybe add any icon?
Thanks.
Advertising
kathy025

Post by kathy025 »

I am very much interested. Also starred your repo in GitHub. Most of the code I've seen use either C or C++. Can PSP run Java?
Model: PSP-3000 (J) | Pearl White | TA-090v3 | 03g
CFW: 6.60 LME-2.3 (No Infinity)
Storage: SONY Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) MagicGate 32GB
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

kathy025 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 pm I am very much interested. Also starred your repo in GitHub. Most of the code I've seen use either C or C++. Can PSP run Java?
If you mean develop homebrew using JAVA, no. But IIRC there's an ancient homebrew called PSPKVM which let you run old jar/jad files but that's about it.
kathy025

Post by kathy025 »

Oh I see. Yes, it appears the KVM is as far as Java goes in PSP. :)

Thank you for actively fixing the issues raised! Will continue testing with PSP-3000. Great app!
Model: PSP-3000 (J) | Pearl White | TA-090v3 | 03g
CFW: 6.60 LME-2.3 (No Infinity)
Storage: SONY Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) MagicGate 32GB
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

Release v1.0.1 is up!
  • Load app icons into VRAM and swizzle textures.
  • Properly determine if running from ef0:/ (PSP Go) or ms0:/
  • Can now launch ISO/CSO and homebrew.
  • Added ICON0 by JesterIOS.
  • Display storage bar for ef0:/ or ms0:/ devices.
  • Add option to create files and refresh directory list in options menu.
  • Fix minor glitch in OSK. (The OSK dialog would appear rather glitch-y when trying to cancel.)
  • "New folder" option initially has "New folder" set in OSK.
  • "Rename" option has the current file's name initially set in the OSK.
  • Lock power (prevent suspend) during file operations.
  • Make cancel button functional in options menu.
  • Screenshot path is now changed to /PSP/PHOTO/CMFileManager/.
  • Added zip file extraction.
Download: https://github.com/joel16/CMFileManager ... /tag/v1.01
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

New release v1.10 is up!

Notice: Please delete your "data" folder and config.cfg file in (ms0/ef0):/PSP/GAME/CMFileManager/. The data folder is no longer needed, since all of the external assets are now embedded into the binary. The config file has some changes that won't work with previous versions. After you delete the config file, the app will create a new one. From this update on wards, deleting the config file if any changes pertaining to the config is made will be handled automatically.

Change-log:
  • Handle config version so that user won't have to manually delete it for upcoming releases.
  • Fixed buffer overflow when multi selecting a file with a long path name.
  • Embed all assets and fonts into the binary and load them from memory. (You no longer need the datafolder)
  • Added a help dialog under settings menu.
  • Get enter/cancel buttons from registry. (For example the cross button implies enter/accept in the west, but Asian games use the cross button as a cancel button).
  • Highlight current selected drive in menu bar.
  • Fixed auto USB storage for PSP GO. (Now displays both ef0:/ and ms0:/ in USB mode)
  • USB mode no longer requires the app to restart if "Auto usb mounting" is toggled under settings.
  • Now uses a much cleaner method of detecting if running from ef0:/ on a PSP Go.
  • disc0:/ (UMD) can now be accessed in non GO models as an additional drive in the menu bar.
  • Implement error dialog for failures with file/directory functions and .zip archives.
  • Only delete destination if it exists in copy mode. (overwriting)

Download: https://github.com/joel16/CMFileManager ... /tag/v1.10
rhenium

Post by rhenium »

Hey, I'm running a PSPGO, trying to get CM to work with internal and external storage.

If I run CM from internal storage(ms0) it does not see the external storage. The weird part is that instead of showing the root as ms0, it shows the root as ef0, and switching doesnt work (if i open the menu it says ef0, flash0, flash1). So it SAYS ef0, but the contents are actually ms0 and it cant actually mount ef0.

On top of that, if I load Filer v6.6 from ef0, I CAN access both storages, but they're backwards. ms0 has the contents of ef0, and ef0 has the contents of ms0.

The only possible thing I can think of is that I have an adapter running from the external card slot to a 128gb microSD card. Is it possible that this would screw up the way in which the file manager interprets the file system?
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

rhenium wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:11 am Hey, I'm running a PSPGO, trying to get CM to work with internal and external storage.

If I run CM from internal storage(ms0) it does not see the external storage. The weird part is that instead of showing the root as ms0, it shows the root as ef0, and switching doesnt work (if i open the menu it says ef0, flash0, flash1). So it SAYS ef0, but the contents are actually ms0 and it cant actually mount ef0.

On top of that, if I load Filer v6.6 from ef0, I CAN access both storages, but they're backwards. ms0 has the contents of ef0, and ef0 has the contents of ms0.

The only possible thing I can think of is that I have an adapter running from the external card slot to a 128gb microSD card. Is it possible that this would screw up the way in which the file manager interprets the file system?
Hey, the app doesn't support access for both storages on PSP GO. That's something I'm currently looking into for the next release (hopefully). Another thing is, you have it backwards. ef0 = internal storage, ms0 = external storage on a PSP Go. I will let you know once I get it working.
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

New release v2.0.0 is up. To avoid any issues its best to delete your CMFileManagerPSP folder before replacing it with this one. Anyways:

Change-log:
  • Built under latest PSP toolchain using GCC 8.2, with many optimizations. (Switched to the -Os optimization flag since the PSP has a small cache.)
  • No longer relies on outdated libpng/libjpeg versions or oslib. Now uses a modified version of g2dlib which uses stb_image to load textures and make use of scegu directly! This is a major change, since it gets rid of a bunch of needless functions from oslib, and uses a library purely written for 2d graphics.
  • Added support for displaying .BMP images. (Remember no support for any images over 512 x 512!)
  • Screenshots now use .BMP format.
  • Improved copy file mechanism - should be a little bit more faster and the animation should be more fluid than previous releases.
  • Now uses updated Roboto font.
  • Add support for accessing both ef0:/ and ms0:/ on PSP Go (Due to this mechanism the boot time is a little longer than previous releases)
  • Add dialog for extracting .zip archives.
  • Properly use transparency when accessing certain elements like dialog boxes, menu bar etc.
New screenshots!

Download: https://github.com/joel16/CMFileManager ... /tag/v2.00

Return to “Homebrews”