Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Filer - XMB sorting not working?

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
bollwerk

PSP Filer - XMB sorting not working?

Post by bollwerk »

PSP-1001
CFW Pro 6.61
PSP Filer 6.6

I am trying to use the XMB sorting function of PSP Filer, but it doesn't appear to work as expected.
When I go into PSP Filer and sort the XMB icons, it appears to work, but after I save and exit, the ISO icons are in the undesired order. However, if I re-sort icons relating to homebrew things under /GAMES, those resort as expected.
When I go back into PSP Filer and enter the XMB resorting function, the icons are in the order I want, but when I exit the Filer, they are not.

Am I missing something simple here?
Advertising
Darth Agnon

Re: PSP Filer - XMB sorting not working?

Post by Darth Agnon »

Wish I knew how to get PSP Filer sorting to work properly. I know what you're talking about; I think it might just be a software bug.

It seems PSP filer sorting works with EBOOT games, but not with ISO/CSO/etc. games.

There is a workaround you can use: in PSP Filer's default view (not XMB Sorting View), edit the date on the games (I think it was the "Date Created" date/time, but can't remember exactly). The most recent dated game will appear first in the XMB, the earliest dated game will appear last, just because of the way the XMB sorts games. It is a bit of a pain, especially when you've got loads of games, but it's the only way I know how to get it to work. (NB you could also edit the dates through Windows via USB)

Hopefully someone who knows a bit more about Filer will reply, too (Mods?); maybe they'll know how to use/fix PSP Filer XMB sorting.

Live long and prosper!

Darth Agnon
Monster Hunter, Planeswalker and Sith
Advertising
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
bollwerk

Post by bollwerk »

So changing the “created date” fixed the sorting, for all but one. Very strange. Ace Combat X won’t get where i want, no matter what I try.

Thanks for the tip.
8riga9

Post by 8riga9 »

Hello,
I know this is an old post but I had the same problem recently and I found the simple solution ever. From FILER re-arrange your elements (PSP ISO. PS1 GAMES, ETC.) then press Start to Save % Exit. Now go to the Game section of the PSP and press SQUARE a couple of time, letting the system organize the folders (PSP, Minis, PS1 and that kind of stuff) and then you'll see your elements in the correct arrangement you've chosen from the FILER app as soon as you come back to the basic view (by pressing SQUARE again).
Hope it helps.
Cheers

Return to “Homebrews”