Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Psp - gameboot freezes

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Eminol

Psp - gameboot freezes

Post by Eminol »

Hi guys,
I've recently tried to change my gameboot to the custom one. The thing is, that I've done something wrong and now every time I try to boot my games (UMDs, emulators), the screen freezes and then the psp turns off :| . It doesn't run the custom firmware now (because it doesn't boot up) and I can not use it to change the psp mode back to "flash0".
My custom firmware is 6.61. The homebrew works just fine.
Thanks
Advertising
Butcher

Re: Psp - gameboot freezes

Post by Butcher »

Its problem use wrong gameboot on higher CFW - if u have PSP 100x or 200x make Pandora and MMS and reinstall to OFW and isntall CFW.

And dont use gameboots change isnt worth do that stuff.

Or when power on PSP hold R button and will show Recovery disable Custom boot in options and reboot PSP again

or that same what up writed but change in options to connect to PC via flash0 and delete that moded file.

Or 3 method works
Advertising
Eminol

Post by Eminol »

The thing is, that I have the 3004. I tried to get to the recovery menu by holding the R button but it doesn't work.
Thanks anyway ;)
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Wird becouse no need lucch full CFW to get to recovery - becouse i think correct u have problem run CFW becouse stops after sony logo duo the gameboot frezze. But 100% must recovery work.

And why u when have PSP 3004 or andy up PSP GO or Street - U editing Flash0 and broke fix u have 100% chance to brick PSP and when no for that models UNBRICK u have to replase mobo from anotcher PSP that model

I have PSP 100x and 200x - i can do any thing in flash0 i can example delete all files and get brick and witch PANDORA nad MMS i can in 5m fix to work reinstall or NAND CFW

But on PSP 3004 and up when u some broke or delete - its like trash PSP and buy next

But its 1 method never trayed use PSP Dawngrader to 6.60 will reinstal all OFW (flash0) to new and then update agian to 6.61 and 6.61 CFW
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Never trayed but work and no know no trayed launch on OFW if work or need CFW. But was made becouse 6.61 was new and no CFW was that day so was to downgrade to 6.60 sto install again CFW for that version . So in 99% is for OFW

Then dawngrade test check for 100% the 6.60 or 6.20 the normal when dawngrade u upgrade to 6.61 CFW and will get clean like Windows format FW in PSP
Eminol

Post by Eminol »

I downloaded the downgrader and I can' t run it, because the psp still freezes
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Problem - Pandora doesn't work on 3000

If you are running a CFW that needs to be triggered after boot you can't boot into recovery.

This is why you should never modify flash0 files without ZeroVSH (on any model, but definitely the 3000+).

PSP is ruined, so sorry.

-----

Also I feel for you, on my 1000 my first brick was related to gameboot mods. I had perm CFW and could boot into recovery so I got lucky.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

i writed Pandora its for 1000-2000 PSP. Also check Dawngrader work on OFW.

I agre to person writed befor my post i not use any stuff like themes or gameboots but if i will some day edit flash0 i will becouse have panodra PSP models make MMS and Pandora to when gone wrong reinstall FW to clean . Becouse mess in flash0 can make if u do some wrong or not know broke FW.

And u have now problem u cannot use PANDORA becouse newest PSP that not support anymore Pandora and u can also no run Dawngrader - then u broke kind yours PSP - no fix sorry - replase mobo or buy nesxt psp or use like u have now.

On forum u haved all info times and - in 5m weh u read u have get to post that never on no PANDORA fix PSP EDIT flash0 (Becouse is like trowing PSP to trash and buy secend)
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

OP is not using a permanent custom firmware.
OP has to launch a eboot from the XMB to edit flash0.
Launching the eboot isn't possible because the corrupted gameboot crashes the PSP.

You might be able to update to a "downgrader" from usb firmware but I have no idea if that would also trigger a gameboot.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Eminol

Post by Eminol »

Thanks for help guys. Hope you won't destroy your PSPs ;)

Return to “Homebrews”