Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Compiling Wolf3D for the PSP

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
BenMcLean

Compiling Wolf3D for the PSP

Post by BenMcLean »

I've got the source code for Wolf3D on the PSP here. https://github.com/BenMcLean/Wolf3D-PSP

It was by Zack and Chilly Willy way back in 2009. I have this crazy ambition to port Super 3D Noah's Ark to the PSP, and the first step to that would be getting vanilla Wolf3D to compile. I'm using Windows 10 but I could spin up a Linux box just for this if it would matter.

The first problem I had was that version 6.0 didn't come with a makefile. However, version 5.2 did have a makefile, so I tried adapting that.

The problem I'm stuck on at the moment is that the code seems to depend on SVGAlib and I'm not sure how to install that into my PSPSDK setup. Was there a special PSP port or fork of SVGAlib that I'm missing?

Anyone have any advice on PSP homebrew development in general for someone new to it?
Advertising
JhonDoeA

Re: Compiling Wolf3D for the PSP

Post by JhonDoeA »

I would guess you need to take the lib and put it in the folder where libs are located at.
http://www.svgalib.org/
http://www.svgalib.org/svgalib-1.4.3-bin.tar.gz

In freebsd for example it is /usr/local/lib/ folder

I am developing for vita for a while but PSP not really. Hope this helps.

Btw no idea how to do this on windows. THat is why i use unix
Advertising
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

It turned out that this SVGAlib dependency was only in files which didn't belong in the PSP version anyway, so I removed them. This gets rid of some of the errors, so that's good, but the minimalist PSP sdk I've been using on Windows is apparently missing libraries I need for this. so I'm trying to install the full psp sdk but that has created a new problem.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Why compiling Wolf3D for PSP - last version is from some one updated in 2011.

grab file and orginal game wads and run and play.

So point of make secend is for?

becouse some do that long ago and work 100% all work normal u play full from start to end
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

Butcher wrote:Why compiling Wolf3D for PSP - last version is from some one updated in 2011.

grab file and orginal game wads and run and play.

So point of make secend is for?

becouse some do that long ago and work 100% all work normal u play full from start to end
I want to port over Super 3D Noah's Ark and maybe also fix some bugs. (like the bug where you can't strafe and turn at the same time)

I am way past the problem I mentioned in my last post though. The dependency I was complaining about was in files which were left in the repository from the original open source release that don't actually belong in this PSP port.

Return to “Homebrews”