Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

IcyTower homberew interest?

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Fighter19

IcyTower homberew interest?

Post by Fighter19 »

Currently I wrote an IcyTower clone in C++ which can use the same assets as the original game (given that you've extracted the resources).
However to get it smoothly running on PSP I'd need to do some tweaks (optimally using a custom PSP routines instead of SDL2 and getting the MediaEngine to play the music).
If nobody would play this game on PSP, I'd only release the PC version as source code once it's done.

Another problem are also the assets.
I can't ship the game with the official IcyTower assets as those are property of FLD and are also "encrypted" and I don't think I can provide the password to decrypt them, however any beginner with some experience in RE should be able to figure it out.
Also the graphics from the game don't look that good when scaled down to match the PSP resolution.
So I'd like some kind of replacement graphics, however I'm unable to create all graphics on my own.
Currently the game only consists of the gameplay (simple highscore, game mechanics like bouncing off the wall etc.).
So stuff like eye candy isn't implemented yet, also the code needs a bit cleanup, before I can publish it.
(Player class looks awful, resources aren't properly un/loaded).

I really hope this doesn't violate any law, but as there are also other rewritten game( engine)s out there I don't think this should be a big deal.
I also hope this is the correct section of the forum.
Advertising
Butcher

Re: IcyTower homberew interest?

Post by Butcher »

Nice but is 2 (Old 1 made very old version) and 2 Icy tower version - most like orginal PC version and for newest PSP FW.

But if u wonna make 3rd version

Old version (work only on 1.50 kernel or on ME wutch LEDA plugin): http://psp.scenebeta.com/noticia/lua-icy-tower

Newest 9work on current normal FW):
http://psp.scenebeta.com/noticia/icy-tower-portable
Advertising
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

But if u wonna i n C++ write all that 2 version are in LUA made
Fighter19

Post by Fighter19 »

As far as I recall those LUA versions feel nothing alike the original.
While mine also has customized physics, it is based on the replay checker which uses the same code (in the end) as the original.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

1st old version is not like orginal more like LIKE much LIKE but 2nd version isnt like orginal but pchysic and level design is like much orginal - but of corse isnt 1:1 port.

But nic u work maybe u make the best version - the point will by if u make some version and show for people .

Who know u make a best like orginal version.

Return to “Homebrews”