Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

L'Abbaye des Morts port

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
hcf

L'Abbaye des Morts port

Post by hcf »

Hi, I'm HCF, maybe someone knows me as a coder of the original Xbox scene. I have recently got a new console: a Sony PSP, and I would like to make a few releases to add to the wonderful catalog of this awesome machine. The first thing that I have done is a quick port of the awesome game "L'Abbaye des Morts". If anyone wants it, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.filedropper.com/abbayepsp
(press the grey button with the "Download this file" text)

L'Abbaye des Morts is a game originally made by the Spanish videogame creator Locomalito (he made lots of wonderful games like "Maldita Castilla" too, don't forget to check them out!). L'Abbaye des Morts was later ported to other plattforms like Linux, Amiga, ZX Spectrum, Xbox... I have also read that it was ported to PSP too, but I have not been able to find it, so I have done this quick port. Now PSP users can enjoy this marvelous game too! :)

It is an amazing retro style game, with pure 2D graphics (we can select between 8-bit or 16-bit style), chiptune music, and a gameplay very similar to the classical videogames of the 80s (hard gameplay, no savings, and the full game can be beat in one session). It is a really good and addictive game!

I have only tested it on a PSP 1004 FAT with a modern custom firmware. If anyone could confirm that it works in other models of PSPs, it would be much appreciated :)

EDIT: It has been confirmed that it also works on "PSP 200x CFW 6.60 PRO-C latest" and "PSP e1003" :D

CONTROLS:

D-pad: It controls the character to walk left, rigth or duck (pressing down)
Cross button: Jump (it is also used to Start a new game)
Triangle button: Skip the scroll messages

Besides, in the title screen you can press the Circle button to display information of the game, and the Square button to toggle 8bit/16bit graphics.
Advertising
Last edited by hcf on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butcher

Re: L'Abbaye des Morts port

Post by Butcher »

Know that games ,and some ports played :) Nice play it native PSP version

Nice work on PSP 200x CFW 6.60 PRO-C latest
Advertising
hcf

Post by hcf »

Butcher wrote:Know that games ,and some ports played :) Nice play it native PSP version

Nice work on PSP 200x CFW 6.60 PRO-C latest
Thank you very much! Another person confirmed that it also works on PSP e1003. I needed to confirm this, because this one is my first release and I needed to be sure that I know how to generate applications valid for all the PSP models. It seems that I have done it properly, so now I can do more ports. Thanks! :D
swosho

Post by swosho »

My new favorite way to play Abbaye! Thanks.

Also, I should note that on PSP Go the game will run normally only from the internal storage for some odd reason, it's black screen with sound otherwise.
Last edited by swosho on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

About oficial port i also readed but years of search not found ,thanks for u port. Tested my frined on PSP 300x and work perfect. I also runed it on PSP 100x my 2psp and 1005 work - all are my and friend on 6.60 PRO-C latest CFW
Nemo1984

Post by Nemo1984 »

Works great on psp 3000! Not fullscreen though, there is a black border around the game. Still nice!
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Yes but its cool game not is upresed screen but like was made ala 80's screen size resolution in game.

Completed it today - last time played PC and ZX spectrum version but was ages off many
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Plays well via Adrenaline on Vita. Crashes the console when trying to exit. Requires hard reset.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

The Adrenaline problem on Vita on PSP exit work perfect no any problems and crashed if exiting
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

Butcher wrote:The Adrenaline problem on Vita on PSP exit work perfect no any problems and crashed if exiting
Correct.

Return to “Homebrews”