Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Quake for PSP - Insomnia ProQuake Engine Rev4

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
darkduke606

[RELEASE] Quake for PSP - Insomnia ProQuake Engine Rev4

Post by darkduke606 »

Insomnia Proquake 4.71 Revision 4 -- July 20th, 2016

=====INTRODUCTION=====

All,

With the support of WorldGenesis[/r/psp], Grzybiarz, Baker, Crow_bar and MDave, I am happy to release this new update to the ProQuake 4.71 engine for the Sony Playstation Portable. This updated engine release & mod compilation features a variety of fully fledged custom campaigns for Quake and has been optimized for mod usage, with focus on ease of use. It has taken many hours of trial and error to code and compile this edition of the source and includes many bug fixes/optimizations.

To play this, you will need the original Quake .pak files as they are NOT included.

======FEATURES======

This version of the engine is optimized for PSP Slim's 64mb of ram. It also features a variety of vanilla Quake, user created mission packs and maps.

Added functionality with "-prompt" menu that enables user to select mod directory, set memory allocation and cpu speed [thanks to Jurak Styk for original code from earlier Quake iteration]

Added "Texture Filtering" to prompt menu.
Equivalent of "gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR"(Texture Filtering On) and
"gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST"(Texture Filtering Off)

Added EasyAim functionality

Added "Hipnotic" support for mods that require Scourge of Armagon files

Fixed dynamic lighting and mp3 issues

More modifications noted in changelog.

I recommend using CPU Speed: 333 and Heapsize: 33 for the PSP Slim and CPU Speed: 333 and Heapsize: 14 for PSP Phat

Select default launch parameters in "quake.cmdline"
"-setmodmusic" will enable Mod Music On by default
"-linear" will enable Texture Filtering On by default
"-heap X" will enable Heapsize to X number by default (for slim I recommend 33 and fat/1000 models I recommend 14)

======DOWNLOAD======

Included in the archive are the respective game folder, eboot, and source code.
PSP SLIM 64MB VERSION AND PSP PHAT 32MB VERSION[REV4]

SOURCE CODE on GITHUB

=====================CHANGELOG===================

Code: Select all

July 20, 2016  - Revision 4
-------------
Added modmusic support
Will load any mp3s labeled track02 or above that is in the modfolders respective path \<modfolder>\music\

Set bobcycles to engine defaults

Added ability to set "defaults" to the prompt menu.

Example, add -setmodmusic or -linear to your quake.cmdline to select Texture Filtering to On and Mod Music to On in the prompt menu by default. Applies to memory allocation with "-heap 33" or "-cpu 333"

When sv_aim is enabled, defaults to .8

Added keys to smallest visible HUD

Added "Rogue" mode for Dissolution of Eternity -- you must have Dissolution of Eternity

More than likely fixed the disappearing rune bug regarding saves -- not confirmed

Compiled a 32mb version for PSP 1000 models

July 1, 2016  - Revision 3
-------------

Force disabled dynamic lighting in deathmatch mode
Fixed Dynamic Lighting bugs relating to viewmodels/enemy models illuminating when dynamic lights disabled

Added "Hipnotic" support for mods that require -hipnotic to the prompt menu -- you must have Scourge of Armagon

Added Vertical Aiming slider to MISC OPTIONS

Added more mods

Removed expiremental fog support
Renamed Autoaim to "EasyAim"

June 25, 2016 - Revision 2
-------------

Added "Texture Filtering" to prompt menu. 
Equivalent of "gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR"(Texture Filtering On) and
"gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST"(Texture Filtering Off)

Bot Options under Multiplayer tab are now linked for FROGBOT
Bot Options will autohide when not in FROGBOT

Added Crosshair Enable/Disable Option under OPTIONS > SUBMENU MISC OPTIONS
Added Autoaim Enable/Disable Option under OPTIONS > SUBMENU MISC OPTIONS

Fixed mp3/audio issues on startup and when returning from standby mode

***KNOWN BUGS***
If Dynamic Lighting is disabled, certain models and objects will continue to be
affected by dynamic lighting (weapons/character models)

June 21, 2016 - Revision 1
-------------

Bug fixes and more optimization
Corrected heap/cpu speed paramater bugs
Corrected mp3 directory
Set cl_autoaim 0 in compile and config.cfg

June 19, 2016 - Initial Release
-------------

Added -prompt functionality including setting cpu speed, heapsize and mod folder
Mod compilation of user generated mods that function on PSP
Optimized for PSP Slim 64mb version. Will not function as stands for PSP 1000 models
Advertising
Last edited by darkduke606 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
fouadtjuhmaster

Re: [RELEASE] Quake for PSP - Insomnia ProQuake Engine Rev3

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

Looks amazing! Keep 'em coming
Advertising
nCadeRegal

Post by nCadeRegal »

Looks pretty dang good for PSP man, can't wait to try it out and see how smoothly it runs.
[spoiler]Ps3 Phat 80gb 4.65 Ferrox, Ps3 Slim 120gb 4.65 Darknet, Ps3 Slim 320gb 4.66 OFW, Ps4 Destiny Bundle, Vita 1K OFW, Vita 1K TN-v, to many PSP's to list, Vita TV OFW, Collector of consoles[/spoiler]
darkduke606

Post by darkduke606 »

If you guys are feeling adventurous, feel free to try the development editions!

Development Insomnia ProQuake Rev4.1 Features

The code below is set by engine defaults (when no config.cfg supplied):

cl_bobcycle 0.6;
cl_bob 0.02; 
cl_bobup 0.5;

You can delete all the configs in your Insomnia mod folders :D. It will now load the one in the ID1 folder by default. Be sure there are NO config.cfg folders in your mod folders, because it will use the modfolder config.cfg and overwrite your ID1 config.cfg. Stupid bug, I'll have to figure out a solution for that. I'm removing all config.cfg's from all the mod folders for the next official release.

Also, set vertical aim to an on/off switch. On is "0.93" and off is "1". Slider was pointless.

When Mod Music is enabled, it will try and load music files from the respective <modfolder>\music\ directory. Be sure name the first track as track02.mp3 if you are adding custom music. I have included music transcodes below.

If you add "-setmodmusic" to your quake.cmdline, it will default to mod-music in your prompt menu. If it is set to off/or left out of quake.cmdline it will try and use the original Quake music in the id1\music folder.

quake.cmdline file code

-prompt -cpu333 -heap 33 -setmodmusic -linear
That will set the cpu speed to default to 333 on prompt menu, heapsize 33 on prompt menu, will set modmusic to be default on prompt menu and will set Texture Filtering "On" on prompt menu.

DOWNLOAD DEVELOPMENT INSOMNIA PROQUAKE 471 REV4.1
DOWNLOAD MUSIC TRANSCODES FOR PSP FORMAT FOR HIPNOTIC/ROGUE
sloppycrap

Post by sloppycrap »

Where can I find the EBOOT.PBP for PHAT/Vita? I'd like to try this on TN-V, please.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Thank you for this build, this is awesome! It is extremely playable and looks and sounds great. I loved played through episode 1 of Quake on my PSP. using the Dev Build (4.1 or so). Wow. the controls are pretty much perfect for a psp, they feel very natural after about 20 minutes into the game. Even though the PSP only has one analog stick.
darkduke606

Post by darkduke606 »

sloppycrap wrote:Where can I find the EBOOT.PBP for PHAT/Vita? I'd like to try this on TN-V, please.
Hey you can find the development version for Phat linked below! I haven't updated it since Revision 1 so its lacking some of the functionality of Rev3 and Rev4. I plan on updating it when I get back from a work trip next Monday. Let me know how it works!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7z8vhupnzehd ... GELRa?dl=0
darkduke606

Post by darkduke606 »

rsn8887 wrote:Thank you for this build, this is awesome! It is extremely playable and looks and sounds great. I loved played through episode 1 of Quake on my PSP. using the Dev Build (4.1 or so). Wow. the controls are pretty much perfect for a psp, they feel very natural after about 20 minutes into the game. Even though the PSP only has one analog stick.
I'm glad you are enjoying it! :D Let me know if you have any feature requests! The full development thread you can find linked here http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-re ... y-psp.html
darkduke606

Post by darkduke606 »

rsn8887 wrote:Thank you for this build, this is awesome! It is extremely playable and looks and sounds great. I loved played through episode 1 of Quake on my PSP. using the Dev Build (4.1 or so). Wow. the controls are pretty much perfect for a psp, they feel very natural after about 20 minutes into the game. Even though the PSP only has one analog stick.
Glad you are enjoying it :D Let me know if you have any feature requests!
darkduke606

Re: [RELEASE] Quake for PSP - Insomnia ProQuake Engine Rev4

Post by darkduke606 »

UPDATE: Revision 4 now in main thread post. Now supports PSP fat.

CHANGELOG - Revision 4 [July 20th, 2016]
-----------------

Added modmusic support
Will load any mp3s labeled track02 or above that is in the modfolders respective path \<modfolder>\music\

Set bobcycles to engine defaults

Added ability to set "defaults" to the prompt menu.

Example, add -setmodmusic or -linear to your quake.cmdline to select Texture Filtering to On and Mod Music to On in the prompt menu by default. Applies to memory allocation with "-heap 33" or "-cpu 333"

When sv_aim is enabled, defaults to .8

Added keys to smallest visible HUD

Added "Rogue" mode for Dissolution of Eternity -- you must have Dissolution of Eternity

More than likely fixed the disappearing rune bug regarding saves -- not confirmed

Compiled a 32mb version for PSP 1000 models

Return to “Homebrews”