But fear not homebrewers, I got you covered! After a night of struggling with the PSPSDK and VMs and finally deciding to say screw it and settling for the trusty MinimalistPSPSDK for Windows (+the LIBPNG addon) I got the homebrew to compile and work!
However there are a few things that you guys should be aware of:
- Only ONScripter novels are compatible: there is a way to convert some here;
- Since this is based on a 2-year old branch of VNDS and it was never truly completed, some things like .ZIP support are broken which forces you to do this:
- Convert the the VN to VNDS format like you normally would using the link supplied above;
- Copy your VNs to <homebrewdir>/novels/<your novel here>;
- However, instead of copying it straight away, go into the converted VNs folder and extract all the zips (script.zip, background.zip, ect) to the root of the folder and make sure to overwrite any conflicts;
- NOW you can copy the VN to the PSP/Vita;
- You can also try to find VNs in VNDS format using Google-Fu which saves you the trouble of a manual conversion (and you can also find other VNs) but be sure you do STEP 2.
- I am no dev so do not expect me to build on this port, nor even try to request it: it will make me mad;
- I may however help troubleshoot any problems you may have with this release but if you followed my steps you should have no problems.
- Cross - Continue;
- Circle - Hide Text
- Square - Backlog
- Triangle - Menu
- R - Skip.
A few personal tips for Vita users though:
Since some VNs can have up to 10k plus files (Never7 has 15k) and transferring those can be a huge pain with our limited FTP access:
- Uncompress ZIP up your novels using 7zip/Winrar;
- Copy the zip to your Vita using VitaFTP;
- Using PSPFiler, uncompress the ZIP file to the /novels folder.
- To do this choose the ZIP file with X, choose copy, navigate to the folder and then press R to extract all.
I take no credit for this besides making the EBOOT.PBP file, all credit for this awesome work goes to uppfinnarn! Enjoy!
PSP Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bn4x6 ... ersion.zip
Vita Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ai29 ... ersion.zip
Compressed EBOOT: http://www.mediafire.com/?bif44msw4aacf0y (credits to user toBsucht )
(and yes, I have tested it and it works. Finding and converting the VNs is the hard part)