An advice: save very often, since the PSP memory limits can make the game random crash (it is rare to occur, it happened only 4 times in a 14 hours game). This has happened to me in the other ports as well if anyone wants to know.
Download and updates at project page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeldansq/
17-9-2014: Updated to 1.7 pc version
22-8-2014: Updated to 1.6 pc version
19-8-2014: Updated to 1.5 pc version. 1.5 has no improvement over 1.4b regarding gameplay, it's just a version to match the PC release at source code level.
18-8-2014: Unitial release, based in 1.4 pc version + some bugs corrected
Zelda - Navi's Quest PSP (Version 1.03, 17 september 2014)
Based on PC version 1.7 http://www.zeldaroth.fr
Get the most recent version at https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeldansq/
Unzip and copy ZELDANSQ folder to /PSP/Game/
Requirements: You must be running a custom firmware to run this or any other homebrew.
Due to memory contrains, this won't work on the PSP 1000 (old phat model with infrared).
It can be played to 100% in the PSP (tested on a PSP Go with 6.20 2.2 ME custom firmware).
- Due to memory constrains, the game will randomly crash when entering a new map/transporting out of a dungeon. This happens very very rarely (one can play 2-3 hours straight without crashing) and the best way to prevent having to replay long parts of the game is to save frequently: when obtaining new objects, when arriving at a dungeon, when unlocking doors at a dungeon, when getting a substantial amount of money...
- A few parts of the game will slow down, mainly in large areas with 3-4 enemies on screen at the same time. These areas are few and the slowdown doesn't impede gameplay.
- Because of how the game timer is coded, when the psp is suspended the game will still count for gameplay hours. If you care about gameplay hours, you'll have to save your game, suspend, then quit the game and load your save when resuming play.
- Due to the slowdowns and how the game timer is coded, it might NOT be possible to achieve the SPEED RANK in the game (complete in less than 7 hours). This hasn't been tested, but I personally think the game can be completed in less than 7 hours in the psp.
- Press SELECT while in game to view on screen explanation of all the controls.
- Press LTrigger + START to open the savegame dialog.
- Use the Home button to quit the game.
[*] Version 1.03:
- Added changes from 1.7 PC version, which corrects 3 bugs in map design.
[*] Version 1.02:
- Added changes from 1.6 PC version which fixes a little non-critical bug when opening the menus in a certain situation.
[*] Version 1.01:
- Nothing really new, just using the same changes as 1.5 pc version
[*] Version 1.00:
- Initial release. Based on pc version 1.4 with some bugs corrected.
Go to the following address for updates/tech support:https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeldansq/
For walkthroughs and other info go to the authors site: http://www.zeldaroth.fr/us/
Ported to the PSP By: Suloku (2014)
Check out the other 3 games ported to PSP by Randall James Spychalla:
Return of the Hylian (1st game): https://sourceforge.net/projects/zelda-roth-psp/
Oni Link Begins (2nd game): https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeldaolb/
Time to Triumph (3rd game): https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeldat3/
Original Titles Team:
Vincent Jouillat: Programmer of Zelda ROTH and OLB and team leader for Zelda 3T.
Lobalùz: Scriptwriter of OLB, translator and co-admin of the forum.
Harvestland: Graphist of OLB, site design.
Raiden: Illustrator for ROTH and OLB, title screen and opening.
By the way, the project page is also hosting an updated Time to Triumph port with a couple bugs corrected and a little enhancement:
[spoiler]Time to Triumph PSP V3 changelog:
- Fixed wagon bug (fixed in 1.11 PC version).
- Due to the game loading times, a certain timed event couldn't be done in time. The time for that event has been increased by 7 seconds.
- Corrected some untranslated text.
- Start button skips ocarina songs
- Restored loading the other 2 games savefiles:
Return of the Hylian: 3T will look for the save in the following paths in order:
1.- "../Zelda Return of the Hylian/data/save/system.dat"
Oni Link Beggins: 3T will look for the save in the following paths in order:
1.- "../Zelda Oni Link Begins/data/save/system.dat"
The other two game saves are needed for unlocking hidden content (if you have 3 ranks in ROTH and OBL, that is).
Recommended installation of the 3 games:
ms0:/PSP/GAME/Zelda Return of the Hylian/ --> because OLB looks only for this path