Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release][Lib] AMGLib PLUS, a 3D engine for pspsdk

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Joel16

Re: [Release][Lib] AMGLib PLUS, a 3D engine for pspsdk

Post by Joel16 »

Nce, can't wait to toy around with this :D
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

Everything is working great! This is a fantastic library.

Only one thing though: I am having trouble playing mp3 files. I have read over the documentation and the AMG_Multimedia.h file several times and even looked at the sample and I cannot get the mp3 to play. Any help would be appreciated!

Regardless this is an impressive development tool. Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: I was able to get sound to work but used oslib bgm's instead. Still would like to get the mp3 to work though.

Here is a sample of what I have achieved. Not very impressive at first but I plan on making something out of this ;)

Bin and source:http://www.mediafire.com/download/deacy ... +Model.zip
Advertising
andresmargar

Post by andresmargar »

sauske_firekid wrote:Nce, can't wait to toy around with this :D
Hope you have fun toying xDD
Malachi wrote:Everything is working great! This is a fantastic library.

Only one thing though: I am having trouble playing mp3 files. I have read over the documentation and the AMG_Multimedia.h file several times and even looked at the sample and I cannot get the mp3 to play. Any help would be appreciated!

Regardless this is an impressive development tool. Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: I was able to get sound to work but used oslib bgm's instead. Still would like to get the mp3 to work though.

Here is a sample of what I have achieved. Not very impressive at first but I plan on making something out of this ;)

Bin and source:http://www.mediafire.com/download/deacy ... +Model.zip
Glad you like this library!! I ran your demo and it's pretty amazing! Cel-Shading makes the shield look really cool, hope you make something from this :D

About MP3 player... It's strange because the last time I tested it worked perfectly, and now isn't working, without changing any code on it... I think it could be the SDK update I downloaded, where the MP3 sample isn't working either, that makes me not to use the internal PSP player ever. I'll re-code the player, but this time using a library to decode samples, to avoid problems like this.
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

Oh wow, I'm really waiting for a real 3D homebrew game!
Dexterp

Post by Dexterp »

Haha, this is fantastic. That hyrule shield demo is cool. Maybe the PSP will get it's own Majoras Mask demo before the 3DS does ;)
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

I am continuing my practice with this library and continue to be impressed. Here I have a Link model from SSBM running with solid 60 fps. Again something simple but alas awesome to see on my psp/vita.

I did come across a problem when trying to add cell shading to this model. Many of the textures were drawn incorrectly with black bars. When you run it, you will not see a bloom effect like we did on the shield, hence allowing the textures to be drawn correctly to the model with no light source. The next thing I'm going to try is an entire environment :)

Bin and source: http://www.mediafire.com/download/in12y ... +Model.zip
andresmargar

Post by andresmargar »

Malachi wrote:I am continuing my practice with this library and continue to be impressed. Here I have a Link model from SSBM running with solid 60 fps. Again something simple but alas awesome to see on my psp/vita.

I did come across a problem when trying to add cell shading to this model. Many of the textures were drawn incorrectly with black bars. When you run it, you will not see a bloom effect like we did on the shield, hence allowing the textures to be drawn correctly to the model with no light source. The next thing I'm going to try is an entire environment :)

Bin and source: http://www.mediafire.com/download/in12y ... +Model.zip
This is going really well :) About Cel-shading, I won't consider it as a bug, when you enable it what it does is render the model again in black (using frontface culling). I wonder that in some 3D models PSP culling is not working as expected, that's because you see black lines where they shouldn't be. In fact, you can use normal lighting instead, and multitexture to simulate brightness.

BTW, seeing your code I noticed that you load a black image, when it's not necessary. Just use this and you'll get a black background (by default it's set to white):

Code: Select all

AMG.ClearColor = 0;
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

This is really great software! :D
I can't wait to see the awesome 3D homebrews that people will produce thanks to this library!
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

noname120 wrote:This is really great software! :D
I can't wait to see the awesome 3D homebrews that people will produce thanks to this library!
NONE, there isn't any psp homebrew developer nowadays (that makes me sad).
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

Acid_Snake wrote:
noname120 wrote:This is really great software! :D
NONE, there isn't any psp homebrew developer nowadays (that makes me sad).
Nonsense, I still have yet to share my work ;)

Return to “Homebrews”