Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
#344293 by MadZiontist
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:00 am
Flappy Bird [v2.0] & Flappy Bird [v2.0-Mod]

[v2.0] New Options:

[v2.0] Gameplay:

I Made The [v2.0-Mod] To Remove The Black Bar You Can See Across The Top Of The Screen, In The Screenshot Above. The Results Are Seen Below:

Tested on 6.60 ME-1.8 and TN-V8. Runs awesome on both. Great port.

Links:

Flappy Bird [v2.0]
[COLOR="#000000"]Link:[/COLOR]

Flappy Bird [v2.0-Mod]
[COLOR="#000000"]Link:[/COLOR]
Advertising
Last edited by MadZiontist on Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#344297 by MadZiontist
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:30 am
nightnero253 wrote:Why!? Why bring the anger and hatred back!? But it looks good.

I ask, why the hatred?! :lol:

Sure the game is simple and derivative, but it's also fun and addictive. And also, somehow the PSP is incomplete without a homebrew port of it. ;)
#344298 by Joel16
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 am
MadZiontist wrote:
nightnero253 wrote:Why!? Why bring the anger and hatred back!? But it looks good.

Sure the game is simple and derivative, but it's also fun and addictive. And also, somehow the PSP is incomplete without a homebrew port of it. ;)

I don't see why it would be incomplete just cause it's not coded in C. :P
Sometimes its easier to code things in Lua rather than C but then again C has much more possibilities. Lazy people like me would go for this even though I can manage to port my homebrews into C. It's just I don't have the time lol, so I'd rather get things done the easy way.
#344300 by nightnero253
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:35 am
MadZiontist wrote:

Because, after you get so far and so many points racked up.. Then you hit a pipe and try to redo it several times and fail every time haha
#344306 by MadZiontist
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:24 am
sauske_firekid wrote:I don't see why it would be incomplete just cause it's not coded in C. :P
Sometimes its easier to code things in Lua rather than C but then again C has much more possibilities. Lazy people like me would go for this even though I can manage to port my homebrews into C. It's just I don't have the time lol, so I'd rather get things done the easy way.

Oh no, I jokingly meant the console would be incomplete without the game in its library. :lol: I actually like LUA, well mainly cause it's the only programming language that I've picked up a little bit on so far hah. I appreciate the fact that you can do quite a bit with such an easy to understand coding language.

nightnero253 wrote:
MadZiontist wrote:

Because, after you get so far and so many points racked up.. Then you hit a pipe and try to redo it several times and fail every time haha

Yeah the game's def flawed, but still a fun lil time killer imo. It's no Angry Birds, but I think a sequel could do wonders for it. :idea:
#344328 by Joel16
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 pm
MadZiontist wrote:
sauske_firekid wrote:I don't see why it would be incomplete just cause it's not coded in C. :P

Oh no, I jokingly meant the console would be incomplete without the game in its library. :lol: I actually like LUA, well mainly cause it's the only programming language that I've picked up a little bit on so far hah. I appreciate the fact that you can do quite a bit with such an easy to understand coding language.

Haha my bad, thought you meant lua made it incomplete. The one thing I love about lua is that everything is open source :)
#344335 by Joel16
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:33 pm
abdou005 wrote:Who ported the Flappy bird ? please give credits and sources ...

The developer is Sandroron, http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/psp ... oron-4301/
I was thinking of including it into my Cyanogenmod shell lol, I'm currently in the progress of porting it into Luadev, and ofcourse all credits will be given to him.