Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Universal Unbricker for Hackable PSP

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Casavult

Re: [Release] Universal Unbricker for Hackable PSP

Post by Casavult »

I just hope Test M33 can be fixed.

And I forgot to post a mirror here I made a few weeks ago... Universal Unbricker for Hackable PSP Mirror.
Advertising
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
stoneskull

Post by stoneskull »

did people find the answers to their questions?

i'm going to use this for 5.00 for now but am curious as to the other firmware
Advertising
PSP 2000v1 6.60ME + PRO
Vita 1000WiFi 3.60 + HENkaku
Rahim-US
Guru

Post by Rahim-US »

MrShyCity wrote:Edit - i try to install 639 and install 639 its looking for 660.pbp
when i try DC8 it install 500 (which i already have it)
hmm :? what am i doing wrong btw im on 6.39 ME-9.8
you must setup the magic memory stick with the installer, you can setup original DC9 by neur0n or the DC8 mod in your memory stick, so, you need 660.PBP and 500.PBP for that, you need pandora battery to boot the from memory stick, if you install DC8 mod you can install any CFW/OFW (see the first post for more details) and if you install DC9 you can install 6.60 me.
qwikrazor87 wrote:is there a way to change the background color? The yellow is very intense on my eyes and makes it hard to read the white text.
Yes, press SELECT in to change background color, RTRIGGER+SELECT to choose the XMB color or LTRIGGER+SELECT to switch between original PSP colors and custom colors.
Casavult wrote:I just hope Test M33 can be fixed.
i personally tested the test M33 option on my PSP 01g and 02g and it work without any problem, so i think the problem is the registery files copied on yoiur memory stick, enter recovery mode from your (use mms boot key + RTRIGGER) and format flash1.
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Rahim-US wrote:
Casavult wrote:I just hope Test M33 can be fixed.
i personally tested the test M33 option on my PSP 01g and 02g and it work without any problem, so i think the problem is the registery files copied on yoiur memory stick, enter recovery mode from your (use mms boot key + RTRIGGER) and format flash1.
Yup, it was a registry problem. All fixed now. :)
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
stevealexanderames

Post by stevealexanderames »

this is awesome :shock:
do the cementerio9 have the same "xmb-style" too in this homebrew?
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
Jenoside

Post by Jenoside »

Cool, strait to 6.60. no more lower fw and upgrade to 6.60. Very convenient.
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

This is awesome! I DL'd it awhile ago, and am in the process of using it right now. Thank you for your contribution to the scene with this. :)

*EDIT

I just got done using this for a few things, and WOW, talk about a BOSS-HOGG job well done!

A couple questions:

I did a NAND Dump with this, but the file wasn't named nand-dump.bin, like I've been used to with what I was using before. It was named nand-dump_040966DA.bin. Why is this, and will I need to change that file name to nand-dump.bin in order for the file to be recognized if/when I want/need to do a NAND Restore?

Also, I noticed that you didn't have 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3 included as a CFW option. Do you have any plans on including it in a possible future revision of the unbricker? That would make it nearly perfect!

And again, awesome work on this!
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
Rahim-US
Guru

Post by Rahim-US »

MadZiontist wrote:I did a NAND Dump with this, but the file wasn't named nand-dump.bin, like I've been used to with what I was using before. It was named nand-dump_040966DA.bin. Why is this
The nand dump file is named like nand-dump_XXXXXXXX.bin? the XXXXXXXX is the nand scamble, it is unique for each nand, so you can't rastore a nand dump from another PSP to your PSP, but if you wan't really do that you can, you have just to rename the dump with the correct name and start restore, i do not recommand that and do it at your awn risk.

If you have an old dump dumped with original DC8/DC7 you can restore it without any problem, just rename the dump file with the correct name and restore.
MadZiontist wrote:will I need to change that file name to nand-dump.bin in order for the file to be recognized if/when I want/need to do a NAND Restore?
no if you want to restore the dump dumped with the universal unbricker you don't have to change the file name.
MadZiontist wrote:Also, I noticed that you didn't have 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3 included as a CFW option. Do you have any plans on including it in a possible future revision of the unbricker? That would make it nearly perfect!
Yes :) , when i have a time.
Zasisem

Post by Zasisem »

Anyone interested in a video of me bricking my PSP and unbricking it for the nobblies?
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

Rahim-US wrote:
MadZiontist wrote:I did a NAND Dump with this, but the file wasn't named nand-dump.bin, like I've been used to with what I was using before. It was named nand-dump_040966DA.bin. Why is this
The nand dump file is named like nand-dump_XXXXXXXX.bin? the XXXXXXXX is the nand scamble, it is unique for each nand, so you can't rastore a nand dump from another PSP to your PSP, but if you wan't really do that you can, you have just to rename the dump with the correct name and start restore, i do not recommand that and do it at your awn risk.

If you have an old dump dumped with original DC8/DC7 you can restore it without any problem, just rename the dump file with the correct name and restore.
MadZiontist wrote:will I need to change that file name to nand-dump.bin in order for the file to be recognized if/when I want/need to do a NAND Restore?
no if you want to restore the dump dumped with the universal unbricker you don't have to change the file name.
MadZiontist wrote:Also, I noticed that you didn't have 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3 included as a CFW option. Do you have any plans on including it in a possible future revision of the unbricker? That would make it nearly perfect!
Yes :) , when i have a time.
Thanks for the response. It was helpful. Though I think you misunderstood one part: I definitely was never intending on restoring a NAND dump from another PSP! But thanks for the info on that, and I look forward to your next revision of this. :)
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB

Return to “Homebrews”