Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here

Do you want to see this homebrew finished ???

80%
20%
#131180 by Ryp
Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:09 am
Hi everyone !

I made a little sudoku game few months ago, to train my algorithmic skills, and I wanted to ask you if you want me to finish it or not !

What it looks like:

Image Image
(You'll see that in-game, but there's an horrible red background, don't worry it will be removed)

Here's what I did so far:

• User interface
    • On-screen keyboard (Cross key)
    • Possibility to note small numbers in each cells (Rtrigger key)
  • Backtracking solver
    • Pressing circle will solve your sudoku (assuming it has at least one solution)
      NOTE:In this version the algorithm is intentionnaly slowed down to see exactly what it is doing, it is instantaneous in reality
And what has to be done:

• Human-style solver
    • By doing that i'll be able to generate Sudoku with realistic difficulty
    • Tool to evaluate Sudoku's difficulty
  • Game menu
    • Pause/resume ability
    • Save Sudoku
    • Clock

NOTE: By default, the grid is filled with a famous Sudoku called "Easter Monster". Don't even try to solve it, it's impossible for an human :D

Here's the Homebrew:
http://code.google.com/p/ryp-project/downloads/list

If enough people are interested in this project I will continue to work on it, otherwise i'll continue my tower defense project =)
Feel to submit your questions and ideas !

Advertising
#131257 by Disturbed0ne
Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:39 pm
I've never been much for Sudoku sadly, but as I was reading your post the words "Tower defense game" made my eyes light up.

I'd be very interested to see that game completed. :shock:
#131276 by Ryp
Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:24 pm
Thanks @toBsucht =)

@Disturbed0ne:
My TowerDefense project is only at its beginning, and this will be challenging to realize what i've in mind.
Just to give you an idea, i'll try to make it work like the Fieldrunners app on mobilephones.
If you've never tried it, I suggest you to do so it's a great game :D
#131278 by Disturbed0ne
Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:53 pm
Ryp wrote:Thanks @toBsucht =)

@Disturbed0ne:
My TowerDefense project is only at its beginning, and this will be challenging to realize what i've in mind.
Just to give you an idea, i'll try to make it work like the Fieldrunners app on mobilephones.
If you've never tried it, I suggest you to do so it's a great game :D

I have Fieldrunners for the PSP, I love the game. I'm a big fan of tower defense games. 8-)