Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Firmware Guide!

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
drageoon

Re: PSP Firmware Guide!

Post by drageoon »

The Z wrote:
MrShyCity wrote:a quick google search
DRNFFFFFFB0 = key 0x8 missing DRNFFFFFFAF = key 0x8 header is not "p D C L" (in hex: 70 44 43 4C)
You can repair this with IdStorage Manager, KeyCleaner or DCv8
I most likely recommend to create a "new" ID Storage with the DDCv8 tool. A pandora battery is necessary for this.

Edit: The 5.50 GEN-D3 Recovery/VSH Menu can crate a normal and pandora battery, use it AFTER you've crated a magic memory stick with RainsUltraLiteMMSMaker (5.00 M33-4).
http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=2417486
I don't have pandora battery. what should i do?
Advertising
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Since you have a PSP 1000, you are able to create a pandora battery without hardware mods, software can do this for you.

At first, use the "rains" program ive linked in my last post, and create a MMS with it (its important that the program does not return an IPL space error, if it does, get another memory stick (originals prefered)), formatting isnt necessary, then go into the recovery menu of the 5.50 GEN CFW and search for "create pandora". If its not in the recovery menu, check the VSH Menu for this option, I am 100% sure that its either in the VSH or recovery menu at 5.50 GEN CFW. If you've done both, remove the battery of your PSP, keep the L trigger pressed and then insert the battery into the PSP. The PSP should boot from itself into a menu, which will have an option to install 5.00 M33, 5.00 OFW, and other options.

One is called "nand operations", select this. Then select "create new ID Stroage" and select your prefered region (afaik are europe, USA and japan available). Enable your wireless trigger at your PSP, and then create your new ID Storage (enabling wireless is necessary for getting your real MAC address. If you are done, you can reboot into your CFW and create a "normal battery", the option should be right next to the "pandora" option. The "update error" should be gone and you should be able to update to the 6.60 (ME) firmware.
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
drageoon

Post by drageoon »

The Z wrote:Since you have a PSP 1000, you are able to create a pandora battery without hardware mods, software can do this for you.

At first, use the "rains" program ive linked in my last post, and create a MMS with it (its important that the program does not return an IPL space error, if it does, get another memory stick (originals prefered)), formatting isnt necessary, then go into the recovery menu of the 5.50 GEN CFW and search for "create pandora". If its not in the recovery menu, check the VSH Menu for this option, I am 100% sure that its either in the VSH or recovery menu at 5.50 GEN CFW. If you've done both, remove the battery of your PSP, keep the L trigger pressed and then insert the battery into the PSP. The PSP should boot from itself into a menu, which will have an option to install 5.00 M33, 5.00 OFW, and other options.

One is called "nand operations", select this. Then select "create new ID Stroage" and select your prefered region (afaik are europe, USA and japan available). Enable your wireless trigger at your PSP, and then create your new ID Storage (enabling wireless is necessary for getting your real MAC address. If you are done, you can reboot into your CFW and create a "normal battery", the option should be right next to the "pandora" option. The "update error" should be gone and you should be able to update to the 6.60 (ME) firmware.
How do i use the rains program you tive? do i put it to the same place as update? I'm sorry this is quite new for me. :(
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Its a computer program. Execute the .EXE file and press the "make MMS" button. Uncheck the "format memory stick" field.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
drageoon

Post by drageoon »

The Z wrote:Its a computer program. Execute the .EXE file and press the "make MMS" button. Uncheck the "format memory stick" field.
One last question before i start doing what you suggest. Do I complete all these while connecting my psp with pc?
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

drageoon wrote:
The Z wrote:Its a computer program. Execute the .EXE file and press the "make MMS" button. Uncheck the "format memory stick" field.
One last question before i start doing what you suggest. Do I complete all these while connecting my psp with pc?
Only when you want to make the MMS, you don't need to connect to your PC when creating the pandora battery.
drageoon

Post by drageoon »

NNNRT wrote:
drageoon wrote:
Only when you want to make the MMS, you don't need to connect to your PC when creating the pandora battery.
Ok, I don't have the eboot for 5.00 as the rains programs wanted me to. Which one should i get? The OFW or CFW?
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

drageoon wrote:Ok, I don't have the eboot for 5.00 as the rains programs wanted me to. Which one should i get? The OFW or CFW?
5.00 OFW.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
drageoon

Post by drageoon »

qwikrazor87 wrote:
drageoon wrote:Ok, I don't have the eboot for 5.00 as the rains programs wanted me to. Which one should i get? The OFW or CFW?
5.00 OFW.
Hmm? Now I'm stuck at making Pandora battery. I found the "make Pandora battery" at the VSH. But it can't press it at all. Any guide to do at this point? do i need to change some other things?
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

drageoon wrote:Hmm? Now I'm stuck at making Pandora battery. I found the "make Pandora battery" at the VSH. But it can't press it at all. Any guide to do at this point? do i need to change some other things?
Have you tested the battery yet?
Turn off your PSP, unplug the AC adapter, remove the battery.
Place the battery back in your PSP.
If your PSP power indicator automatically turns on then you have a Pandora battery.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”