Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to make a playlist on PSP without PS3

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
bingo88380

How to make a playlist on PSP without PS3

Post by bingo88380 »

Here is a simple way of adding playlists to [Photo] [Music] and [Videos] on the PSP using a PC.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select New then click Text Document. A text file will be created, now double click it.

2. Your going to type what you want to use the playlist for. The words that are italic is what your going to type into the notepad.

Music = /MUSIC/
Photo = /PHOTO/
Video = /VIDEO/

3. After that your going to need to type the song/picture/video that you wish to choose for the playlist. In italics your going to type the name and extension of the file. Hover the mouse over the file and it will tell you if the file is .mp3, .wmv, .jpg and so on.

Music = /MUSIC/song.mp3
Photo = /PHOTO/image.jpg
Video = /VIDEO/recording.wmv

Remember if your file is in a folder, you will need to type the folders name as well.

Music = /MUSIC/dance gavin dance/song.mp3

4. Alright now lets test it out. Click on File at the top left corner of the notepad and click on Save As.. and name your playlist and add a .m3u8 extension at the end. Where it says Save As Type set it to All Files. For Encoding set it to UTF-8

My Rockin Playlist.m3u8

Click on Save in.. At the top and select your PSPs Drive Letter. Your drive letter will be different than other people. It might be E: F: G: or H: whatever the case. Click on it.

Save it in PSP > PLAYLIST and then create a folder for what the playlist is for.

PSP > PLAYLIST > MUSIC
PSP > PLAYLIST > VIDEO
PSP > PLAYLIST > PHOTO

5. Get on your psp and click on Music/Photo/Video and click on Playlist. Your file should be there and when you click on it, you will see the song inside !

Hope this will be Helpful for those who don't have PS3 (Just like Me)
Advertising
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: How to make a playlist on PSP without PS3

Post by Disturbed0ne »

You could at least credit "pspdemocenter.org" when ripping off their tutorials... :roll:
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Cynder2011

Re: How to make a playlist on PSP without PS3

Post by Cynder2011 »

heck its faster and easier to just put a folder with the music u want in that into the Music folder then to make a playlist.
PSVita 3.60 and Henkaku

PSP 6.20 Pro Perm

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”