Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official POPSLoader v3 Released

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
popsdeco

Re: POPSLoader v2 Released

Post by popsdeco »

Rurik wrote:as I said, the impose files were correct, and I just chucked the popcorn.prx files from popsloader_v4 into the module folders and no luck unfortunately
popcorn.prx is overridden (PSP kernel's) popcorn so it is different per every popsloader version.
But you say all prx other than popcorn are correct...

Well, do you see "Select POPS" screen?
Also you can get debug log from v4b alpha4.
Advertising
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

popsdeco did you know in popslaoder V4C you still get __popcorn.txt?
Advertising
popsdeco

Post by popsdeco »

jvhellraiser wrote:popsdeco did you know in popslaoder V4C you still get __popcorn.txt?
Perhaps you remove it once, then it won't appear again? I don't have it in ms0:/.
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

popsdeco wrote:
jvhellraiser wrote:popsdeco did you know in popslaoder V4C you still get __popcorn.txt?
Perhaps you remove it once, then it won't appear again? I don't have it in ms0:/.
I id remove it!! I delete it!!! and delete CFG too from popsloader folder
and when i boot a ps1 it appears again i will show you and before and after.

this is all the time i delete the file and it comes back to ms0:/
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

popsdeco wrote:
I id remove it!! I delete it!!! and delete CFG too from popsloader folder
and when i boot a ps1 it appears again i will show you and before and after.

this is all the time i delete the file and it comes back to ms0:/
shinigami7th

Post by shinigami7th »

popsloader v4c running on PRO nightly still have the same standby bug (unable to return back to game, with MS LED blinking then PSP turning off). It doesn't happen with pops 3.80 and above.

Tested using Brave Fencer Musashi EBOOT. I let the game loads to the press start button screen, then I send the PSP to standby mode. Version 3.71 and 3.72 actually load up the screen back, but freeze afterwards. The previous pops versions simply shows blank screen.

@jvhellraiser: my PSP-3000 model 3g does not produce __popcorn.txt with popsloader v4c. Maybe you have to replace all the popcorn.prx files in each module folder too...
PSP-3006 Model 03g
5.03 GEN-B > 5.03 GEN-C > 5.03 Prome-4 > 6.35 PRO-B3 > (downgrade) 6.20 PRO-B4 to B7 (Perm) > 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY (Perm)
popsdeco

Post by popsdeco »

shinigami7th wrote:popsloader v4c running on PRO nightly still have the same standby bug (unable to return back to game, with MS LED blinking then PSP turning off). It doesn't happen with pops 3.80 and above.

Tested using Brave Fencer Musashi EBOOT. I let the game loads to the press start button screen, then I send the PSP to standby mode. Version 3.71 and 3.72 actually load up the screen back, but freeze afterwards. The previous pops versions simply shows blank screen.

@jvhellraiser: my PSP-3000 model 3g does not produce __popcorn.txt with popsloader v4c. Maybe you have to replace all the popcorn.prx files in each module folder too...
1. for standby issue, can you test on popsloader v2? (make sure to backup pops.cfg)

2. perhaps jvhellraiser didn't update popcorn.prx?
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

yes correct 1 missing popcorn.prx cause to make the __popcorn.txt file.
popsdeco

Post by popsdeco »

jvhellraiser wrote:yes correct 1 missing popcorn.prx cause to make the __popcorn.txt file.
OK, next time please update all modules.
Mixing old popcorn might cause PSP to crash.
shinigami7th

Post by shinigami7th »

popsdeco wrote: 1. for standby issue, can you test on popsloader v2? (make sure to backup pops.cfg)

2. perhaps jvhellraiser didn't update popcorn.prx?
i would test on v2 if i could, but the problem is, popsloader v2 has a bug that makes my psp unable to load any game (something about sceKernelGetModel bug on 6.20 that was supposedly fixed recently in the popsloader googlecode revision 29d2fb0f7cbc). however, the bug has been there since v3c; you can read a few pages back and i reported this before (along with a few others too). nevertheless, i'd probably try v2 with a good pops.cfg produced using your popsloader and see whether it runs...

EDIT: actually it was just one person who found this issue too: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7722&p=92625#p92625
PSP-3006 Model 03g
5.03 GEN-B > 5.03 GEN-C > 5.03 Prome-4 > 6.35 PRO-B3 > (downgrade) 6.20 PRO-B4 to B7 (Perm) > 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY (Perm)

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”