Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official PRO CFW Topic

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
>forces<

Re: Official PRO CFW Topic

Post by >forces< »

thanks
Advertising
Spintires Mod Maker find thread at oovee forums
read
metro 2033 ✓
2034 ✓
2035 soon
tomejones5000

Post by tomejones5000 »

PSP: 2000 S&L
MoBo: TA-v085
Mem Card: 32GB MSPDHX

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question generally asked more often than anything else, but yet I get confused about as its been opinionated by so many people and in so many different views, hence making it a nightmare for users like me to choose something thats correct.

Okay here goes:

Which custom firmware will be good for me to use on my PSP?

NOTE: I am not interested in plugins, apps, themes. I only want to be able to play games and games alone, hence why its a handheld console and not a portable computer (sorry).

The reason I ask is because there are quite a lot of releases, and things seem to be all over the place, nothing really much organised, and from one forum to the next so much confusion in regards to the the type of CF required. My UMD drive failed, hence the resort to go and use PSP .iso's instead via CFW. (I dont want to get rid of my PSP, as I have had it since release, and have had so much memories/fun with it.)

I wanted to know: (NOTE: I do not want to install CFW permanently, I'd prefer to reload the CFW rather than installing it permanently.)

*) Which is the most recent/still supported CFW? (if at all!)

*) Does CFW type matter? (Type meaning which release) e.g. PRO-C/B33/HEN/Infinity etc

*) Which CFW is useful for using, if playing PSP .iso's only and some old gen EMU/ROMS?

*) I do not want to permanently flash my PSP, thus which is the most suited CF for rebooting into? (I prefer the fact that I've still got access to the original PSP FW start up, and at anytime I can boot into a CFW without worrying about problems.)

Please do let me know, I;d appreciate some very useful insight into this.

Cheers

TJ
Advertising
Last edited by tomejones5000 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

ME 2.3 or PRO-C2 - diffrent isna any in ME u have minimal otions in recovery in PRO u have much a lot options in recovery. All suport perm and no perm CFW and if u wonna only for games on all work ISO etc.

In 6.XX FW i prefer PRO CFW - for my much more options .

So install 6.61 PRO-C2
tomejones5000

Post by tomejones5000 »

Butcher wrote:ME 2.3 or PRO-C2 - diffrent isna any in ME u have minimal otions in recovery in PRO u have much a lot options in recovery. All suport perm and no perm CFW and if u wonna only for games on all work ISO etc.

In 6.XX FW i prefer PRO CFW - for my much more options .

So install 6.61 PRO-C2
Hey, Thanks for the reply Butcher, I really appreciate this. 8-)

Superb, I definitely went with CFW PRO-C2 as you suggested, works a treat, I can now play all my UMD in .iso format. ;) (39 .iso's already downloaded covering most of my UMD games collections which are imports/SE's)

I am using the non permanent route, only a 6 sec boot up from recovery mode, and those 6 seconds I don't mind.

Just happy to hear that I don't need ME/Infinity etc, as that's what confused me in the first place, just did not realise that those options were for permanent CF installs.

Thanks again.

TJ
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

No problem . One in my opinion also is using Permanent patch i ure psp is that who can use perm pacth. Of corse reload CFW is no probem 6s is fast but better have once and for all .

That no break psp and always u no need reload CFW when u wonna use ISO game or etc that isnt orginal PSP stuff on UMD
tomejones5000

Post by tomejones5000 »

Butcher wrote:No problem . One in my opinion also is using Permanent patch i ure psp is that who can use perm pacth. Of corse reload CFW is no probem 6s is fast but better have once and for all .

That no break psp and always u no need reload CFW when u wonna use ISO game or etc that isnt orginal PSP stuff on UMD
I know hehehe :D

Thanks Butcher ;)

One more thing, just a slight difference I noticed, I reload the CFW each time which is fine, but I noticed that my CFW is PRO-C, and I have seen others use PRO-C2 whats the difference with both? Should I stay on PRO-C or update it again to PRO-C2?

Sometimes when I boot into the CFW using fast recovery and check "System Settings >> System Information >>System Software...6.61 PRO-C " to see that the firmware has indeed changed to PRO-C (temporarily) it doesn't sometimes say PRO-C at the end (Its missing from time to time), but the system is still functioning in CFW? is this normal?? when i reset and reboot into fast recovery the PSP indicates PRO-C after again. This happens sometimes but not every time.

Other than that PSP works fine, I like the way I can boot into the CFW, as I like to have the original OFW still intact on my PSP :D

Thanks

TJ
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

The Pro-c2 is latest Pro version - u propoble instaled old version. About the no change in version info some times to PRO-C text is maybe bug ,no know never use on any PSP i have no prem CFW i instal once for all permanent .

And about Perm patching u can always press STAR and SELECT when launching PSP and will load witchout CFW to OFW - was that for ages
tomejones5000

Post by tomejones5000 »

Butcher wrote:The Pro-c2 is latest Pro version - u propoble instaled old version. About the no change in version info some times to PRO-C text is maybe bug ,no know never use on any PSP i have no prem CFW i instal once for all permanent .

And about Perm patching u can always press STAR and SELECT when launching PSP and will load witchout CFW to OFW - was that for ages
Hey Butcher,

Thanks for the reply, so I definitely have the old PRO-C CFW (Thank you for confirming this ;) ), should I install PRO-C2 6.61? or just leave it as is on PRO-C 6.61?

Here are the stable builds: https://code.google.com/archive/p/procf ... ads?page=1

But I can not see the build for 6.61, hence can you past the link for 6.61 PRO-C2 please?

Or could you provide me with the last build of the PRO-C(#) firmware? I've read there is CFW-C2 f1/2/3 & CFW-C3?? I myself am unsure as I am browsing through the forum threads and at the moment it seems really confusing as everyone's mixing things around with the firmwares :(.

P.s. The build date of the CFW that I installed was from 2015/01/22 (6.61 PRO-C2_22-01-2015.zip)

Thanks

TJ
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

tomejones5000 wrote:
Butcher wrote:The Pro-c2 is latest Pro version - u propoble instaled old version. About the no change in version info some times to PRO-C text is maybe bug ,no know never use on any PSP i have no prem CFW i instal once for all permanent .

Hey Butcher,

Thanks for the reply, so I definitely have the old PRO-C CFW (Thank you for confirming this ;) ), should I install PRO-C2 6.61? or just leave it as is on PRO-C 6.61?

Here are the stable builds: https://code.google.com/archive/p/procf ... ads?page=1

But I can not see the build for 6.61, hence can you past the link for 6.61 PRO-C2 please?

Or could you provide me with the last build of the PRO-C(#) firmware? I've read there is CFW-C2 f1/2/3 & CFW-C3?? I myself am unsure as I am browsing through the forum threads and at the moment it seems really confusing as everyone's mixing things around with the firmwares :(.

P.s. The build date of the CFW that I installed was from 2015/01/22 (6.61 PRO-C2_22-01-2015.zip)

Thanks

TJ
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
tomejones5000

Post by tomejones5000 »

Hey fate6,

Thanks for the reply and the link, I've just downloaded this:

661_PRO-C2_14-02-2015.zip

I'm not running a permanent CFW because I like it that way :D , I'm using the fast recovery to boot into this, hence as I already had the old version of the CFW PRO-C 6.61 (build date 2015/01/22),

EDIT:

Okay just tried this:

NOTE: I did not uninstall the previous build, I jumped right into installing the updated build on top (Did I have to uninstall the previous CFW build prior to installing the updated CFW?).

I have not got any plugins/themes/apps hence no need to disable anything, thus initiating an error free installation.

INSTALLING CFW: 661_PRO-C2_14-02-2015.zip

1) Unzipped the CFW build 661_PRO-C2_14-02-2015.zip.
2) Connected PSP via USB.
3) Deleted the 3 CFW files from the MS as a previous build I had : 6.61 PRO-C2_22-01-2015.zip.
4) Copied the (661_PRO-C2_14-02-2015.zip) x 3 folders to the usual directory PSP/GAME.
5) Disconnected the USB cable.
6) Launched PROUPDATE on top of the previous CFW build then exited installation after successful run.
7) PSP boots into updated CFW, checked via System Setting >> System Information >> System Version >> Shows up as 6.61 PRO-C (Still no 2?). :roll:
8) Reconnected PSP >> USB Mode.
9) Copied DarkSpeed v6.61 to usual directory PSP/GAME.
10) Disconnected the USB cable.
11) Restarted PSP >> Launch FastRecovery >> Launch DarkSpeed.
12) Set it to the Digital Comics Icon.
13) Rebooted PSP.
14) Checked Digital Comics Icon, its now fully set to the DarkSpeed re-launcher for FastRecovery :D .
15) Now Confirmed that I'm booting into CFW using the DarkSpeed mod. :lol:

With the above steps, I just wanted to indicate that I've don't this accordingly, and wanted to ask even though I used the updated version of the PRO-C2 Firmware, why it still shows up as PRO-C on my System Information section?

Just a thought though, does the #2 represent that the CFW is a Permanent install, hence the reason that the #2 is missing from my System OS description? If so then disregard the inquiry into this. (but worth an ask :lol: )

Other than that, the CFW is working 100% fine and everything has gone smoothly with the DarkSpeed installation, as well as with the areas covered below (Took me 20 mins to check through):

EMULATORS ALL 10 = Working 100%
ROMS = Working 100%
PSP .iso's = Working 100%
PSX (POPS) = Working 100%
VSH Menu = Working 100%

Thanks

TJ

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”