Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

help psp brick!

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
trashes

help psp brick!

Post by trashes »

hi i have a psp 2000 which has become bricked

i used the tutorial on hackinformer.

At this point "https://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGui ... PSLIM.html" i could find my date code on behind battery so i checked the umd method and got a 5 digit code but it started with "96" thinking it was a mistake i selected "7C" and downloaded 6.60 lme 2.3

when i clicked on update launcher it launched it said "installation not supported on this motherboard"
but instead of going to home screen or the buttons just froze and black screen appeared

now the psp only shows black screen with green light which is continous

i dont have a pandora battery or magic stick etc.

also the psp did not have a prior cfw and then it also gave the "message" during the process so it would mean
that psp still should not have cfw. so why has it bricked?

also my date code is not behind battery and when i checked umd drive the first two digits are both numbers
instead of one number and one letter

serial starts with HU223 and according to internet its maybe or not maybe hackable so again no one's sure

this website "http://www.atmaxplorer.com/2009/03/how- ... installed/" says that HU2 has the TA-088v3 bad firmware

but rest if sites like youtube say below HU2160000 is good which is confusing

please do help unbrick my psp 2000 thanks
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: :/
Butcher

Re: help psp brick!

Post by Butcher »

All have on battery serial if u dont know how to u can find on wololo ,or make image of label .

If will by PSP up to ta88v3 u can make - hard mode pandora +mms on pc or use 2 some one PSP 100x-200x utp to ta88v3 and make soft mode pandora na mms from psp and use on own psp to unbrick.

if u have ta88v3 mobo sorry no unbrick like on 300x-E100x PSP need replease mobo - but taht is = buy 2nd psp.

So need check. But its wird CFW have in installers mobo check and if not will by not instal in permanent mode CIPL Flasher but normal will detect what u have and if its also ta88v3 u can still use in Lite mode . So wird u haved brick
Advertising
trashes

Post by trashes »

yes it is weird. the psp never had cfw and memory is original sony as well and is working correctly even now

but psp is bricked even though it gave warning first then proceeded to total black screen and froze.

when i restarted it then it became brick. memory card works fine and there is no increase or decrease in size.

maybe the installer is bugged. maybe it gives message but behind the message it still writes to flash
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

U must have a stick behend battery - or no if some riped off it .

Make image and post her or number and when u - add info what serial u have u will own or some one post u what Mobo u have - unbricable or not.

Check this site: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/thread ... ble-or-not

Or u can make PAndora via hardmode + mms on pc and blind test - but also need yours mms support inject ipl and pandora most slim or fat battery is hardmoded but 1% chance isnt modable via hardmode.

MMS u make on 32MB-4GB orginal MSPD card or on noname also that size. Most microsd in adapters also work but - need test on what is working (have for IPL space to write) ,On no name 8GB and orginal 8GB MMSPD u cannot make Magic memory card.

But for 100% sure not doing all that blind is detect what model u have of Mobo - that will sure to make pandora na mms is needed (Yee making and test make 10m) but in blind if u have mobo not unbricable will not work and make time waste only.
Last edited by Butcher on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trashes

Post by trashes »

i have no box or sticker (i have an black American PSP 2000 serial number HU2237504)

only "2" i can do from this "http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/thread ... ble-or-not"

"(2- What is the PSP's Serial Number?
The Serial Number is found on a label where the battery is supposed to go (As shown in the picture "SERIAL No.")

This isn’t something serious or very helpful, but with more research, it could be.
At the moment, it focuses mostly on Piano Black PSPs.
If that serial starts with HU2, then the PSP most likely has a TA-088v3 Motherboard (And that the PSP is Piano Black).
Any other serial (Say starting with HC or HB or HJ) doesn’t matter at the moment.)"

also can i make the pandora battery from my psp?
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

No that yes also but what u have on stick in section DATA CODE: i white box XX <--- what is number and latter.
It near the Serial number on stick u find Data code - simple to search all are on white boxes.

I have 2 that type stick in 2003 and 2004

Image from net:

But is also i dont have it - also image from net:

But must HU2 is Ta88v3 not hacable full and no pandora support any method

Example i have Serial nr; 2xPSP HCXXXXX and data code: 8A and 8B - so full permanent hacable and 1xPSP Ta85v1 support making Pandora and secend Ta88v2 not support making pandora (but can by usable)

Also PSPident - says full hacable and CIPL support
trashes

Post by trashes »

mine is like your 2nd picture (code behind white sticker is HU2237504)

NO white box XX

and this is inside umd picture (below usb port)

psp is bricked so pspident can not run
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

The umd mode never used before in 2005 and now so i dont know but - u have only stick that so via HUXXXXX serial number u have unbricable. Sorry nothing to do replase mobo in PSP but chiper is find 2 PSP are now super super chip . And kip that for replease parts .

No Pandora and MMS - will work - no need waste time - that mobo not detect Pandora battery service mode to start

But wird instaling PRO or ME CFW always before install detect what mobo and psp u have like says 02g etc and have prewent to install on Ta88v3 permanent version via ME but via PRO not allo to use CIPL flasher for perm CFW. U supost normal install CFW in Lite mode and that ,may of my friends use in 200x and 300x mobo not perm a LME or LPRO - difrent is u need load after shoutdown psp always CFW again and that nothing divrents. Also on hacable mobo u can also use LITE version no need have PErm if u don wonna
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

hold power off 10 sec :mrgreen:
edit: remove battery (without charger) is same as power off 10 sec. :roll:
Maybe you are lucky and umd works ;)
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
trashes

Post by trashes »

sorry what is this method for

according to what i said in first post. My psp does not have a cfw but it still got bricked. what is the solution for that?

does pandora battery method work on non cfw psp bricks?

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”