Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Upgrade PSP 1000 CFW HELP

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
PSPn00b2017

Upgrade PSP 1000 CFW HELP

Post by PSPn00b2017 »

I have a PSP 1000, bought it in 2006 and had custom firmware and Emulators installed on it by a friend. At the time the CFW was installed on the OFW of 3.71. This is still what is installed today. I would like to get it up to 6.60 and place better emulators on it but I'm completely oblivious as to what to do. I've searched through the forums here for about an hour, and registered an account to ask for help on this issue as every tutorial ever posted never covers someone in my situation.

I don't even know what else to post here in case I'm lacking important details. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Advertising
jack52032

Re: Upgrade PSP 1000 CFW HELP

Post by jack52032 »

Update to 6.61 OFW http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/ ... /EBOOT.PBP

Use CFW
PRO viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249
or
ME viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38203
Advertising
PSPn00b2017

Post by PSPn00b2017 »

So I can just download that OFW file and update with no issue, and THEN do the same for the CFW? Or do I need to remove the CFW first? Like I said, I'm just trying to make sure I understand the process before potentially blundering my way through it.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

You should be able to just update to the OFW fine but once you install the CFW be aware that some plugins might not work anymore as you would need newer updated versions.
I recommend disabling all current plugins or simply moving out the seplugins folder till after you update.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
PSPn00b2017

Post by PSPn00b2017 »

Okay please understand, I'm not trying to complain, I'm just frustrated at the lack of direction and lack of explanation of any chance of risk. Fate6 I do thank you for your input and help, and Jack52032 I thank you for sending me those quick links. I just need a little more guidance, please. I apologize if I sound agitated, I'm just really frustrated with myself here.

I'm absolutely as new to modding as it gets, and a vague answer isn't going to help me. Whatever my friend did 10+ years ago to mod this system for me, I have absolutely no idea how to fix or upgrade.

My problem is once I'm on the computer and USB linked I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at or where to place whatever downloads I was just offered. How to use the EBOOT is not the issue, just what folder to place them in and eventually what to remove is the issue.

The Folders I'm looking at are IRSHELL, MP_ROOT, ISO and PSP. ISO is empty, IRSHELL contains a whole bunch of stuff I have no idea how to interpret besides what appears to be the 3.71 base (and I don't even know if that is official firmware or not.) PSP contains what appears to be the emulators and then more IRSHELL stuff.

I don't know if the 6.61 update will automatically show up on the memory stick when viewed on system or what specific folder it needs to be placed in to be executed, and I don't know if I should use 6.61 or 6.60 because there seems to be a clear dividing line in the user base preference.

Just to restate: My end goal is pretty standard, I would like to apply PSP ISO's to play on my memory stick, as well as have my Super Nintendo, NES, GB, and GBA emulators that work and bypass the ROM blockers on specific ROM files (eg. Buu's Fury or Fire Emblem on GBA.)

I apologize if I sound frustrated, but I've been looking at this screen for two hours and have read a bunch on these forums and watched a bunch of youtube videos trying to decipher this and haven't gotten anywhere, and I'm feeling really dumb. I don't know where to go from here and as much as I hate it, I'm just asking for a bit of hand holding.

From what I understand from the previous posts I should just be able to download the 6.61 EBOOT and run it. Where do I place it? From there, what CFW should I grab for my 1000 PHAT that would allow for emulator+rom use? Are there any files I will need to remove beforehand (I couldn't find a SEplugins folder) or will installing the CFW automatically take care of that? Also, if I happen to get a new MSDuo, which I do plan on, will I need to do this again?

And what the heck, since I'm here, I'm just gonna ask if anyone knows if replacement screens are still purchasable because my PSP since 2006 has had a small half-moon shape of several dead pixels hugging the right side of the screen. It's tolerable, but it's always kinda bugged me.

Thank you for all your help so far, and I again apologize if I'm being an absolute idiot and just missing the obvious. I really don't want to brick this thing since I don't have the money to replace it. I'm just trying to be careful and do this right.

Thanks again.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppo ... dates/psp/

Once on the latest firmware click on jacks "ME" link and scroll down to find "release_661me2.3 (OFW Version).zip", download that and check the readme as it has instructions on where it goes and what it needs.
When thats installed you will be on 6.61 ME 2.3 and be able to run whatever you want!

OK so next up delete those irshell folders as that simply doesn't work on 6.61 so its pointless to have(it is an alternative to the regular PSP menu BTW), For homebrew of any kind like emulators you place them in the their own folder within the GAME folder so for example, "ms0:/PSP/GAME/gpSP/eboot.pbp"

anywhoo; MP_Root is used by the system and can be ignored, ISO is where you place your ISO's and they will show up under the games section on the XMB, snes9xylme iirc was the best SNES emu, for GB use masterboy, for GBA I used to use some UO gpSP build.

I suck at explaining things but I hope it helps some :/
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”