Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Looking to take off custom firmware ( help)

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
Hextex

Looking to take off custom firmware ( help)

Post by Hextex »

Hello,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section but i would greatly appreciate assistance on my issue.

I have a psp slim ( 2001 model) and a fat (1001) model

Long story short my psp slim has lme 1.8 cfw while my fat model had nothing. I noticed the latest one was 2.3 so i went ahead and download it and installed 2.3 ME on my psp fat model ( dumb me i should have tried lme first).

Well i also downloaded and installed LME 2.3 on my psp slim. Playing a couple of games i notice some reboot, freeze or cause the psp to shut off on 2.3 ( Be it 2.3 LME OR ME). These issues were never present on 1.8 so i figured this ''update'' was pointless and i wanted to revert back.

Well on my psp slim i merely delete the file launcher file and go back to 1.8 problem solved quickly... but my psp fat with 2.3 ME seems like its hard modded which i can't seem to take off.

Can someone assist on guiding me how to take off 2.3 ME
I have psp version 6.60 and i just want to go back to the original official 6.60
Advertising
Butcher

Re: Looking to take off custom firmware ( help)

Post by Butcher »

U have nice messed in yours PSP. But no problem download PSPTool then 5.00OFW and on 2 creat in program MMS+pandora botch PSP u have support pandora (2001 i thin u have matherboard TA-88v2 max becouse will not work pandora) then flash 5.00OFW then update to 6.60 OFW normal and instalkl CFW and fresh and clean.

Nor problem haved in my live from 2005 of any CFW .
Advertising
jack52032

Post by jack52032 »

Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Faster is PSP Tool make mms 5.00+6.60 and CFW - pandora install 2m update 2m and cfw 1m - 10m and frash and clean. Dowgrader also can by never trayed that method prefer PSPtool and it method

==============

And use Chronoswitch 7.0 no 6.1 have posted link in the chronoswitch post.

6.1 is old version
Last edited by fate6 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

yup, use PSP Tool, and install Time Machine on your memory stick and use PSP Tool to convert your battery to Pandora/Jig kick mode.
Then while installing TM (Time Machine) press and hold the buttons you want configured to boot into TM.
Once it it done, pull out battery and/or A/C adapter, press and hold configured buttons for TM, place battery back in your PSP, and it should automatically turn on and boot into the TM menu. There you should see options for dumping and restoring your PSP's NAND. It gets dumped to ms0:/nand-dump.bin.
Once you dump your NAND, rename the nand-dump.bin accordingly to your firmware/custom firmware version so you can know which one to restore when you need it.
I hope that's not too confusing.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”