Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wallpaper & Theme Bugs in Infinity

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
Ix:Risor

Wallpaper & Theme Bugs in Infinity

Post by Ix:Risor »

Last Sunday, I installed Infinity, and set it to Yoti's PRO C-2 Latest build. Everything went alright, it installed the Infinity perfectly fine. However when I rebooted to Infinity for the first time, all my system settings were restored to default. However that is not the major problem (maybe it's supposed to do that). After I installed Infinity, I could not load any .ptf themes. Most of which were downloaded off the internet through a site dedicated to PlayStation Theme Format PSP Themes. However, 3 other themes were downloaded off the PlayStation and Network. But when I try to apply them, they give me this error:

An internal error has occurred.
(80108351)

Also when I put on a wallpaper, it will load up as normal, but whenever I go back to my XMB from a game or homebrew. The wallpaper will be a plain black background, and sometimes will be back to my default background in system settings.

Does anybody know what I can do?

This never happened to me before I installed Infinity.

Anywho, for testing purposes here is my PSP Specs:

Kernel Version: 6.61
Motherboard model: TA-095 v2
Motherboard type: Bright 3001 (09G)
PSP Version: Bright v.4.1

And I'm running Yoti's PRO C-2 CFW latest build.
Advertising
Beware of the shadow of Isenfier...
pspunabletohack

Re: Wallpaper & Theme Bugs in Infinity

Post by pspunabletohack »

I think this is a known problem already, I can reproduce the same problems only thing you can do is downgrade using the LATEST chronoswitch downgrader and go back to 6.20 if you want permanent. or wait till davee releases a fix.
Advertising
caghand3

Post by caghand3 »

Theme/Wallpaper bug seemed interesting to me and I did a little research. Looks like your flash1 is corrupted. May have been happened in Infinity installing process. Try uninstalling Infinity (Chronoswitch v7, if I remember correctly.), (Install OFW if necessary) and installing Infinity from stratch. (Recreating hybrid firmware and reinstalling it.) If that does not work, that means it's a bug in Infinity (that nobody (I guess) has never seen) and Davee should take a look at it.

F*CK! Okay, how would I go about uninstalling it?
pspunabletohack

Post by pspunabletohack »

Ix:Risor wrote:F*CK! Okay, how would I go about uninstalling it?
You can try but i honestly think it is just a bug in infinity, Because I have the same problem on my PSP-2000 TA88V3, PSP-3000 and my PSP Go.
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

Have no such bug, but still wasn't tried with 3rd party theme (using Cookie for now).
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.

The cookie theme works for me as well, it's my Hylian Crest jpeg wallpaper and third party and free PSN Themes that are not working?
caghand3

Post by caghand3 »

Well, this bug really does look interesting. You use PRO CFW, right? Try LME, see if it still persists?

Okay I'll try switching to LME when I get home. However before I do that, is there a tool to dump my flash0 & flash1? It might be useful to post the results before I try anything rash and may also be useful for debugging.
Haniasita

Post by Haniasita »

Sorry for pinging a very old thread, but since this is the first to come up on Google I figured I should post about a possible fix here.

I've had the exact same issue, which was caused by the fact I had an UMD disk in the drive - which the console instantly started on reboot without going trough the initial setup or even asking if it should delete the config data.

If you let a UMD disk in the drive during install, remove it and try reflashing if you want Infinity to work. If you didn't, something must've gone wrong during setup and you should probably just reflash and pay extra attention that nothing goes wrong this time.
MORE POWER! WE NEED MORE POWER!!

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”