Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Best Firmware for a PSP2000?

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
The Z
VIP

Re: Best Firmware for a PSP2000?

Post by The Z »

You can even install both of them on the same PSP, and boot them with their respective launchers.

ME + PRO (temporary) works.

LME (temporary) + PRO (temporary) works.

LME (perma) + PRO (temporary) works.

PRO (temporary) + LME (temporary) works.

PRO (cIPL) + LME (temporary) works.

PRO (perma) + anything else does not work, though.

And double perma or double cIPL is also not working.

Just install 6.60 or 6.61 OFW, and then boot LME and PRO. Keep the one you prefer (Install ME if you prefer LME, use the PRO cIPL Flasher if you prefer PRO).
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

The Z wrote:But who am I, I am "just a silly fanboy" (according to you people).
LOL! Getting a bit personal now are we Z? I never called you a silly fanboy, so take that bs elsewhere to people who actually said it.

@SoulPleumz Nah, there is no debate. I just feel both are equally as good and I mean they're really good. ;)
Advertising
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

The Z wrote:Recovery Menu (looks like ****, imo).
When you say some irrelevant bull**** like this even if its your opinion, yes you are still a silly fanboy.

Go with what Casavult said. Usually the Z explains everything clearly, but not when the fanboyism kicks him.
In my opinion I'd prefer PRO CFW, but that doesn't make it better than ME. I respect both developers' work on each CFW, and I'm not gonna say which is better than the other.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

The Z wrote:Due to the year long "lol, use PRO CFW" 'propaganda', this doesnt surprise me.
A CFW that happened to shift to being open source got more attention than the one that was closed, but that's just how things played out. Besides compatibility issues, both are good regardless of how the menus look.
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Omega2058 wrote:
The Z wrote:Due to the year long "lol, use PRO CFW" 'propaganda', this doesnt surprise me.
A CFW that happened to shift to being open source got more attention than the one that was closed, but that's just how things played out. Besides compatibility issues, both are good regardless of how the menus look.
I have to agree 100%.
Unless you have forgotten, you do realise they both look the same? They are the same with the only difference of sorting of available options and colour (unless you make ME recovery red).

Where's the difference in looks? :lol:
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
satan89

Post by satan89 »

@OP - your best option would be to install 6.60 ME 2.3, then PROcfw on that, and you can launch PRO whenever you want to from ME itself. This way, you can have OFW(pressing home button while booting into ME launches OFW), ME cfw (normal boot) and PRO cfw (via fast recovery). This was my setup on my old PSP 2k.

the best option for someone on PSP 1k and early 2ks ME is the best option IMO. In fact I was so reluctant to leave m33 but I kinda had to do that for playing the English patched vc3 at that time. Fortunately, ME was everything that m33 was and more.
For the newer PSP s , I'd go with LME , but only because of the perma patch, otherwise its a personal choice. ME updates are easier too keep up with, PRO is confusing because of its many revisions, (to me at least :P )
Last edited by satan89 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

[spoiler]
Casavult wrote:
Omega2058 wrote:
I have to agree 100%.
Unless you have forgotten, you do realise they both look the same? They are the same with the only difference of sorting of available options and colour (unless you make ME recovery red).

Where's the difference in looks? :lol:
[/spoiler]

Good job comparing a SUBMENU to the main menu, ***.

The PRO Recovery menu looks liks dogpoo, because it does not look exactly like the M33 one did.

I know this is getting a bit picky, but that is the only part of the PRO CFW the is completely and utterly garbage.

The missing functions of using the arrow keys (left/right) to navigate through the menus (recovery & vsh), and the recovery menu not being its own mode (just a darn overlay) are minor annoyances that are definitely picky, but the layout itself is the main problem.

And casavult, I never said you (directly) said I am a silly fanboy, but some other *** said that. I am not really a ME fanboy, per se, but a M33 fanboy, and if the CFW isnt exactly like M33 (of course new features are welcome), then it is ****.

Go ahead, laugh at my "pathetic" reasoning, but feel free to know my reasonings. And sorry to you SoulPleumz for invading your thread with this ****. Use whatever CFW you prefer, both are good, but yet ME/LME has the more "classical" recovery menu (which is, in my **** opinion better).
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

The Z wrote:[spoiler][/spoiler]Good job comparing a SUBMENU to the main menu, ***.

The PRO Recovery menu looks liks dogpoo, because it does not look exactly like the M33 one did.

I know this is getting a bit picky, but that is the only part of the PRO CFW the is completely and utterly garbage.

The missing functions of using the arrow keys (left/right) to navigate through the menus (recovery & vsh), and the recovery menu not being its own mode (just a darn overlay) are minor annoyances that are definitely picky, but the layout itself is the main problem.

And casavult, I never said you (directly) said I am a silly fanboy, but some other *** said that. I am not really a ME fanboy, per se, but a M33 fanboy, and if the CFW isnt exactly like M33 (of course new features are welcome), then it is ***.

Go ahead, laugh at my "pathetic" reasoning, but feel free to know my reasonings. And sorry to you SoulPleumz for invading your thread with this ***. Use whatever CFW you prefer, both are good, but yet ME/LME has the more "classical" recovery menu (which is, in my *** opinion better).
[/spoiler]

#1 - You said it looks like sh*t! I was merely comparing looks, not menus, fool.
#2 - Enjoy your warning and 1 day ban.
SoulPleumz

Post by SoulPleumz »

Umm, just to make sure, for example, I installed PRO C-2 with Cipl flasher already and want to change to ME (Delete Pro and instll ME) what should I do?
Can I just reinstall ME using the normal steps ?
I know you would read

[spoiler]Image
***********Getting a new HDD***********[/spoiler]
satan89

Post by satan89 »

Yes, installing ME normally should be enough, but I'd still recommend uninstalling PRO first and then installing ME, it takes a couple of seconds to uninstall anyways

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”