Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Geohot

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Geohot

Post by Xian Nox »

waratte wrote:
43tklj3n_43kj wrote:It's funny he works at a public mega corporation and all these 'hackers' and news mediums can't even find out what position he works in or any details, they just barely discovered he worked there 6 months after he started..

He's probably a dev..
I'm thinking he does security..
That would only be natural.
Advertising
43tklj3n_43kj

Post by 43tklj3n_43kj »

waratte wrote:
43tklj3n_43kj wrote:It's funny he works at a public mega corporation and all these 'hackers' and news mediums can't even find out what position he works in or any details, they just barely discovered he worked there 6 months after he started..

He's probably a dev..
I'm thinking he does security..
That's only rumor milling though..why hire an exceptional RCE+Programming person to do management and hardening on a web cluster? Most half-talent morons can do that proficiently believe it or not, it's just patching and configuration with a little network management. They probably even contract that out to a firm, or have some low-level employees do it.

I'm actually interested in what he's doing there, but it'll take an insider to really find out as they have no public records on positions. I know the him and cronicdev working on a boot rom exploit for ipad2 rumor is also BS. What little free time he has currently he's hanging out with execs or coding for corporate projects(he still keeps in touch with a "unnamed russian").
Advertising
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

43tklj3n_43kj wrote:That's only rumor milling though..why hire an exceptional RCE+Programming person to do management and hardening on a web cluster? Most half-talent morons can do that proficiently believe it or not, it's just patching and configuration with a little network management. They probably even contract that out to a firm, or have some low-level employees do it.

I'm actually interested in what he's doing there, but it'll take an insider to really find out as they have no public records on positions. I know the him and cronicdev working on a boot rom exploit for ipad2 rumor is also BS. What little free time he has currently he's hanging out with execs or coding for corporate projects(he still keeps in touch with a "unnamed russian").
Sources for any of that? :shock:
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
43tklj3n_43kj

Post by 43tklj3n_43kj »

Disturbed0ne wrote:
43tklj3n_43kj wrote:That's only rumor milling though..why hire an exceptional RCE+Programming person to do management and hardening on a web cluster? Most half-talent morons can do that proficiently believe it or not, it's just patching and configuration with a little network management. They probably even contract that out to a firm, or have some low-level employees do it.

bushing
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

43tklj3n_43kj wrote:
Disturbed0ne wrote:

bushing
Wut?

Return to “Programming & security”