Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

backup managers

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
KR4T05

backup managers

Post by KR4T05 »

Hi, im new to using backup managers, and i wanted to know what they can do, if they can run ISO files, and which is the best one(in your experience). If you do use one, which cfw are u using. too many questions, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Advertising
PSP-3000 x1 Running 6.20 PRO-B6 permanent
PS3 60GB x 1 Running 3.55.1 rebug Backwards Compatible
Thatxafghanxkid1
Banned

Re: backup managers

Post by Thatxafghanxkid1 »

Hii There KR4T05,

Personaly, I prefer Multi-man Because of all the features it has. Also i belive it was the first on the scene.
This is the change log from their latest update.
02.03.00 -
  • * Changed Font properties/functions for all modes
    * Max number of games+AVCHD in game modes 960(was 640)
    * Max number of entries per XMMB column 3200
    * Changed character limit for XMMB Settings column [selected option] to 36 (was 32 – now German/French fit)
    * Moved [selected option] to the far right
    * Freed more than 20MB of RAM (and reallocated some of it to increase max number of games/xmmb entries)
    * This update should fix “Not enough memory for web browser” which some users experienced. If it doesn’t – use the Original Theme.
    * Added check for downloaded multiMAN updates (to avoid installing broken/incomplete PKG files)
    * Added check for downloaded covers (to avoid accepting broken/incomplete downloaded files)
    * Command menu in File manager changed a bit
    * Legend in most display modes will use current localization setting
    * Pad vibration added as warning for “Delete” game/folder prompts
    * Included all languages (with latest versions posted by translators)
    * Added back Dutch
    * Added back Portuguese BR
    * Added back Arabian
And it ypdates straight from your ps3. You can also change themes and so much more.
Heres a Download link : REMOVED ADF.LY LINK

Yes you can run iso's that you have downloaded off an external hdd drive. Also you can pop in a cd and it can save it to your hard drive. I Use 3.55.1 and use 1v2 patcher and then the backup manger. I use multiman and rogero
Advertising
Last edited by codestation on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed spam link
KR4T05

Post by KR4T05 »

Thank You!!!! :D
Installed it, and it works like a charm! :D
I like the features it has :)
Thatxafghanxkid1
Banned

Post by Thatxafghanxkid1 »

Your welcome
Hking0036

Post by Hking0036 »

KR4T05 wrote:Hi, im new to using backup managers, and i wanted to know what they can do, if they can run ISO files, and which is the best one(in your experience). If you do use one, which cfw are u using. too many questions, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Just for some info, you know you have to have a what I call a "scapegoat" disc. (disc to mount over)
PSP-3000 03g 6.61∞ LME & PSTV 3.60
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

Hking0036 wrote:
KR4T05 wrote:Hi, im new to using backup managers, and i wanted to know what they can do, if they can run ISO files, and which is the best one(in your experience). If you do use one, which cfw are u using. too many questions, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Just for some info, you know you have to have a what I call a "scapegoat" disc. (disc to mount over)
This is not always true. Whether is is needed or not varies from game to game, but, in any case, there is little reason against leaving a disc in the drive all the time.
KR4T05

Post by KR4T05 »

jc_gargma wrote:
Hking0036 wrote:
Thanks in advance
This is not always true. Whether is is needed or not varies from game to game, but, in any case, there is little reason against leaving a disc in the drive all the time.
Actually, I've read that leaving discs in the drive, in later models that is(such as mine), can cause a sort of jump that makes the disk wobble ever so slightly making it hit something. From what i can tell this is what happened to mine. I turned it off with motorstorm in, and in the morning it would have the blue led but wouldn't read the disc. :|
Its been a while since i read the article, so please correct me if I'm wrong :P
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

KR4T05 wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:This is not always true. Whether is is needed or not varies from game to game, but, in any case, there is little reason against leaving a disc in the drive all the time.
Actually, I've read that leaving discs in the drive, in later models that is(such as mine), can cause a sort of jump that makes the disk wobble ever so slightly making it hit something. From what i can tell this is what happened to mine. I turned it off with motorstorm in, and in the morning it would have the blue led but wouldn't read the disc. :|
Its been a while since i read the article, so please correct me if I'm wrong :P
My meaning was more as to no reason to put a disc in for games that need it and take it out for games that don't need a BluRay in the drive, but wow scary. Not had that happen. I must admit, that isn't a topic I've looked into. I have an old 80Gb Phat, so, not exactly a newer model, *giggles* The Xbox was the non-disc reading system at my place.
(Geez, why can't companies make good old fashioned clip-in cd drives like in the PSX or GCN anymore. /itty-bitty rant)
I suppose you've tried a hard off using the power switch to see if it helps? (Fixed the jammed half-on issues I had with Hermes 3.41 CFW)

Return to “Programming & security”