Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial: Use Mass Effect 3 Gibbed Save Editor to edit a PS3

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
KaritzuTamahaki

Tutorial: Use Mass Effect 3 Gibbed Save Editor to edit a PS3

Post by KaritzuTamahaki »

Below this tutorial, I added How to import ME1 and ME2 choices into a new ME3 save file, and can confirm it working.

I did it. I was desperate, and it worked. The basic idea here is to convert your ps3 save to an xbox save, edit that save using Gibbed Save Editor, and convert it back to a ps3 save. Don't worry, it's extremely easy. You won't need to hex edit anything. In this tutorial I will be editing a manual save from the game. Everything in the editor should work. I changed the tutorial AGAIN and made it even easier. There shouldn't be any problems with corrupt data. As always, make sure to CREATE A BACK UP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA. ^-^

Pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/gW22DTj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B1FmZ9e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/77VkwTl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DU5gQtc.jpg

Things You Will Need (all of it is free):

-GIBBED SAVE EDITOR (http://svn.gib.me/builds/masseffect3/) (At the bottom that says "saveedit-r89_b114.zip")
-BRUTEFORCE SAVE DATA (http://www.aldostools.org/ps3tools.html)
-WINRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm)
-YOUR MASS EFFECT 3 SAVE (On Your PS3 of course)
-USB FLASH DRIVE

-You will need to unhide extentions for known file types, to do this on windows, open explorer, Go to Organize > Folder and Search Options > View > and make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is UNCHECKED.

1.) Copy your Mass Effect 3 save data from your PS3 to your usb. Plug the usb into your PC and copy the save file (It is located in PS3/SAVEDATA/) to your PC, Somewhere you'll remember. I made a folder called "PS3 Saves". Make sure you create a backup of your save file in case anything goes wrong.I made a backup copy in a folder called "PS3 Originals".

2.) Download and install WINRAR on your PC if you don't have it. Download GIBBED save editor, and extract the folder to your desktop.

3.) Download BruteForce Save Data and install it on your PC. Once installed, start up BruteForce Save Data. It will ask you to enter your ps3 id and such, skip that for now. First thing you'll want to do is look for an option at the top called "path for SAVEDATA Folders". The default path is "C:\Program Files\Bruteforce Save Data\" But you should change it to wherever you copied your Mass Effect 3 save file on your pc. (Change it by clicking the "..." on the right side.) Next, click refresh, and your Mass Effect 3 save should pop up. Right above the save data in BruteForce, you will see in small writing "Profile (with random characters)". Right-click on it and select "Use Current PARAM.SFO" It will tell you to enter a friendly name. You may enter whatever you like and press "OK".

4.) In the bottom left corner, you should see various files from your ME3 save. select the save you wish to edit. It should say something like "SAVE0001" the numbers at the end will depend on which save it is. For this tutorial I will use "SAVE0001" When your desired save is highlighted, right-click on it and select "Decrypt PFD". You have now decrypted your save.

5.) Now open the folder with your decrypted save, and rename it to an xbox save file. To do this, simply add ".xbsav" to the end of the save name. Example: Rename "SAVE0001" to "SAVE0001.xbsav". After you rename the file, open Gibbed save editor.

6.) In Gibbed save editor, select "open" at the top and choose the xbox sav file. Edit it to your liking. If you're looking for armor, it is located in "Plot > Mass Effect 3 > Armor > Flag". Checking the "debug" box will give you the N7 hoodie, Shepard's romance clothing, and more. If you want your Shepard to have those awesome illusive man eyes, Player > Appearance > Presets > Open from file > Presets > Eye.

7.) When you're finished, select "save" at the top, and now you're going to overwrite the xbox sav file and exit Gibbed. After that, you must rename your xbox save file back to normal. Example: "SAVE0001.xbsav" should be renamed to "SAVE0001".

8.) Now go back to BruteForce and click the "refresh" button at the top right. Click on your SAVE file you were editing (in the bottom left box) to highlight it, then right-click and select "Encrypt PFD". Go back to the top of BruteForce, and right-click on the Mass Effect 3 save file, select "Rebuild with current profile (Partial). Select "yes".

And there you have it. Close Bruteforce, copy the save folder to your ps3 via usb. Make sure you load the save you edited. In my case, SAVE0001 I haven't tried this with ME2 or ME1 but I'm pretty sure that it works the same way. :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to import ME1 and ME2 choices into a new ME3 save file: (This is a short tutorial, assuming you read the one above and know how to use the tools already)

1.) First start a new game, as soon as the game is finished Auto-saving, (After the boy is playing with a Normandy toy,) quit your game and copy the save file from your ps3 to your usb.

2.) Decrypt your game save with BruteForce, and rename "AUTO" to "AUTO.xbsav".

3.) Open up "AUTO.xbsav" in gibbed editor, and edit it however you wish. You can choose events that happened in Plot > Mass Effect 1, and 2. When you're done, overwrite your save and then rename "AUTO.xbsav" to "AUTO". (No extensions)

4.) Encrypt your game save with BruteForce, and copy it to your ps3.

5.) Load the auto-save in mass effect 3 and it will start from the very beginning, with all of the choices you selected in Gibbed editor.
Advertising
OverlordKarellen

Re: Tutorial: Use Mass Effect 3 Gibbed Save Editor to edit a

Post by OverlordKarellen »

Registered just to say thanks for the tutorial. My attempt worked fine so I appreciate the effort.
Advertising
Omni-gel

Post by Omni-gel »

hey i cant get the bruteforce savedata thing to run it says i need to have MSVBVM50.DLL and its missing from my computer?

===================================

sorry its me again D: but i cant find the sodding SAVE0001 file!
Last edited by fate6 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
Leverandon

Post by Leverandon »

I can confirm that this works.

My situation is that I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on XBox 360 but, because my 360 is starting to become unreliable, and my friend gave me his copy of Mass Effect 3 that he didn't want anymore, I wanted to play Mass Effect 3 on the PS3 with my XBox 360 save game for Mas Effect 2. It is impossible to directly move the Mass Effect 2 XBox 360 save to PS3, but the above tutorial allowed me to get the same effect.

I copied the Mass Effect 2 Save Game that I wanted to use from my XBox 360 to my PC with a flash drive. I opened it with Gibbed Mass Effect 2 and noted all of the choices and plot outcomes that I made from Mass Effect 1 and 2. Then I followed the above tutorial and simply plugged in all of the values from Mass Effect 2 and moved the save for Mass Effect 3 back to my PS3 and voila, it is as if I played ME1 and 2 on the PS3.

Note: I also got the dll error mentioned above. Just google the dll that you computer is missing and you will find a number of fixes for the problem that work.
jv9342

Post by jv9342 »

Hello
I'm having trouble with editing my ps3 save. i followed all of your steps but when i put it back into my ps3 the save file keeps on going as if i never changed it. i definetley chose the correct save to load.
Would you by any chance know what this problem could be?
VentusSilver

Post by VentusSilver »

Dude, your files needed for this "BRUTEFORCE SAVE DATA" is VERY vague, you never mentioned that there are 4 files that go under the name of Bruteforce, you need to fix this so we can actually figure this complicated *** out
VentusSilver

Post by VentusSilver »

Omni-gel wrote:hey i cant get the bruteforce savedata thing to run it says i need to have MSVBVM50.DLL and its missing from my computer?

And this is the same thing that happened to me, all Bruteforce files led to the same dang error, once again, VERY vague directions
SihaRevan

Post by SihaRevan »

Thanks so much for this. There isn't much info about this online. For anyone who finds themselves here, this really works and it's really easy to do. The instructions ARE NOT vague. You shouldn't need your hand held just to install a program. If you can't even do that then you're going to have trouble getting your head around any of this. There is a simple fix for that DLL error. You literally just download the DLL file from somewhere & put it in the Brute Force folder. That's it.
SihaRevan

Post by SihaRevan »

VentusSilver wrote:
Omni-gel wrote:hey i cant get the bruteforce savedata thing to run it says i need to have MSVBVM50.DLL and its missing from my computer?

And this is the same thing that happened to me, all Bruteforce files led to the same dang error, once again, VERY vague directions
This is a tutorial on how to edit your PS3 save files, not a tutorial on how to install the required software.
Ciara Plays

Post by Ciara Plays »

I'm aware this post is very old, but I'm hoping anyone who comes across this comment on this thread can possibly help me with this problem or direct me to someone who can.

I've followed all the above instructions to a T. I copied my Mass Effect 3 save to my usb, inserted it into my PC and allocated it to its new folders as you suggested. Did the whole PARAM SFO thing, decrypted it, went to Gibbed and ticked the debug box in the armor tag. I also edited my character's hair by giving her default shep's hair and editing it so clipping would be at a minimum in the game. I saved it, went back to Bruteforce, encrypted and rebuilt my character.

My problem is that every time I go to copy my save back to my ps3, it tells me my data is corrupt. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Programming & security”