Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 not working

Discuss official PS3 games here
Daniel_Davies85

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 not working

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

This is going to be my Christmas game as I'm off work for 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it, only thing is that I can't get it to load on my PS3. I just get a black screen and have to reset the PS3 everytime

I'm on CFW Rebug 4.53.

I haven't tried installing it and running it from the HDD yet but as yet I'm having no luck getting it to run from the disc.

Any thoughts?

Edit: just finished installing and still no luck. I literally just get a black screen and nothing else. I've given it a good 10 minutes and nothing happens so it's not like I'm being impatient.
Advertising
awalsh053

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 not working im on 4.46 tho

Post by awalsh053 »

its working threw multiman im on 4.46 tho
Advertising
Daniel_Davies85

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 not working

A friend has just tried it on his non-CFW PS3 and it worked instantly.

Anybody have any ideas as to why it won't work on mine but will on his? Firmware version maybe? It didn't ask me to update though.

Edit: so I've just discovered that the required FW is 4.60. I'm on 4.53 and as far as I can tell the "spoof" feature of MultiMan doesn't allow me to spoof that high. Any work around for this?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Update your multiman or just run a 4.60+ CFW
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Daniel_Davies85

fate6 wrote:Update your multiman or just run a 4.60+ CFW
Updated Multiman and attempted to spoof 4.60 but still nothing.

Just to clarify spoofing, you set it to spoof a particular firmware in the settings and it restarts your PS3. Then when I go to system and check my firmware it still says 4.53 and the game still doesn't work. Do you have to have auto play on and when the PS3 restarts its boots up with your specified spoof FW but if it goes to the XMB it reverts to your standard FW?

I'm currently updating my Rebug to see if that helps.

Also, I've tested the disc on a friends PS3 and had no issue.

Edit; Updated Rebug to 4.65.1 and it's working!

Would still like clarifying on the spoof issue though if possible, just for future reference.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Honestly I have no idea about spoofing as I have never used it but if the game starts without asking for an update then it means it's working, Could simply need something provided by later firmwares so there is always that.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Games”