Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Grand Theft Auto V

Discuss official PS3 games here
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Acid_Snake »

I just hope this game doesn't end up being San Andreas 2
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Was I the only one happy that GTA 5 has classic button cheats?
Acid_Snake wrote:I just hope this game doesn't end up being San Andreas 2
What was wrong with San Andreas? Its my favorite :3
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

fate6 wrote:Was I the only one happy that GTA 5 has classic button cheats?
I thought that as well. I'm not a fan of the series anymore, but seeing classic cheats in more games is mighty nice. Too many games with either none-at-all or "with your wallet" cheats nowadays.

Oh the good times on GTA3, blasting cars with tanks or the "every car on screen explodes" code. xD
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

I like to punch old ladies with my fists of explosion.
Add Meh
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Well, I'm 25% in to the game and I have to say that this game is easily GoTY for me. It's just awesome.

It has become my second favourite GTA game ever.

#1: Vice City
#2: GTA 5
#3: San Andreas.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

Casavult wrote:Well, I'm 25% in to the game and I have to say that this game is easily GoTY for me. It's just awesome.

It has become my second favourite GTA game ever.

#1: Vice City
#2: GTA 5
#3: San Andreas.
i loved vice city. this one is tied for first for me.
Add Meh
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Even SA was better than Vice City, but that's my opinion. GTAV has a fantastic campaign. I'm about 64% done, I got it early. Easily GOTY.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

fate6 wrote:What was wrong with San Andreas? Its my favorite :3
- horrible storyline with little to no motivation behind it
- dull main character with no personality (and most other characters too)
- overly stupid gang gameplay (turf wars were fun but they don't add anything to the storyline,
the "respect" bar is utterly ****, the need to wear your gang colors pretty much make 90% of the game's clothes useless, which is a lot, etc)
- SOOOOOOO full of glitches and bugs, you can literally be walking around and suddenly go through the floor and start falling, they even gave a name for these glitches (blue heaven, black heaven, or something like that)
- horrible character models, it seems they placed most of their resources in the environment and left the characters out

aside from that the gameplay is great, I liked the new camera system, the idea that you can actually go anywhere (which was starting to be explored in Vice City and was fully mastered in this game), all the hidden stuff and extra gameplay features.
Most missions were good, but as I said the overall storyline behind it wasn't that great compared to Vice City and most games that came after it.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Acid_Snake wrote: - horrible storyline with little to no motivation behind it

Sounds like all the GTA games :3

- dull main character with no personality (and most other characters too)

Same as above :3

- overly stupid gang gameplay (turf wars were fun but they don't add anything to the storyline,
the "respect" bar is utterly ****, the need to wear your gang colors pretty much make 90% of the game's clothes useless, which is a lot, etc)

You got me here but I never had a problem with the clothing :/

- SOOOOOOO full of glitches and bugs, you can literally be walking around and suddenly go through the floor and start falling, they even gave a name for these glitches (blue heaven, black heaven, or something like that)

Again every GTA game and yes that includes that under world

- horrible character models, it seems they placed most of their resources in the environment and left the characters out

True, very very true

aside from that the gameplay is great, I liked the new camera system, the idea that you can actually go anywhere (which was starting to be explored in Vice City and was fully mastered in this game), all the hidden stuff and extra gameplay features.
Most missions were good, but as I said the overall storyline behind it wasn't that great compared to Vice City and most games that came after it.
TBH its not the story that made it so great but the gameplay and the massive world!
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

fate6 wrote:Sounds like all the GTA games :3
Vice City, GTA 4, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars all had a way better storyline and actual motivation behind the main character's actions. For the other GTA's (not counting 5 and Advance, I haven't played them yet, I have played advanced but haven't beat it) the same thing applies: dumb motivation or no motivation at all.
fate6 wrote:Same as above :3
Niko had a great personality, Victor was pretty lovable and I kinda liked Huang's way of making fun of his superior's stupidity.
fate6 wrote:You got me here but I never had a problem with the clothing :/
I did, cause I never really liked all the green clothes that were available for the gang.
fate6 wrote:Again every GTA game and yes that includes that under world
Not in the same degree as SA. Vice City had a few, but not many, GTA 3 and LCS had a lot but they required doing stuff not meant to be done normally (mostly stuff involving flying, which wasn't meant in those games), GTA 4 and VCS were pretty solid (still had some glitches, but very very few) and CTW's glitches were almost nonexistent.

Return to “Games”