Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Handmade PS2 Remaster?

Discuss official PS3 games here
watswat5

Handmade PS2 Remaster?

Post by watswat5 »

All of the PS3 HD Collections so far have been really simple conversions. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love God of War, but every graphical upgrade has been done before on PCSX2, which I prefer for all the PS2 GoW games. If I have that ability, why pay more for a PS3 version of the same thing?
But, what if a game series was picked to be completely remastered? I mean from scratch, rebuilding every model and texture, upping every animation and particle effect. Not so much that the game feels like an entirely different one, but just so it actually feels like a PS3 game.
All unlikeliness aside, which game(s) would you like to see this way?
Advertising
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution." - Robert Sewell
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: Handmade PS2 Remaster?

Post by Acid_Snake »

watswat5 wrote:But, what if a game series was picked to be completely remastered? I mean from scratch, rebuilding every model and texture, upping every animation and particle effect. Not so much that the game feels like an entirely different one, but just so it actually feels like a PS3 game
they are too lazy for that
watswat5 wrote:All unlikeliness aside, which game(s) would you like to see this way?
I better not answer this, we're in a family forum
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Handmade PS2 Remaster?

Post by fate6 »

Halo CE Anniversary is a good example of what you are looking for
Anywho I would love to see Killzone or Kingdom Hearts: Re:CoM (any KH for that matter)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Games”