Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Petition to include Portable Ops in the Metal Gear Legacy

Discuss official PS3 games here
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Petition to include Portable Ops in the Metal Gear Legacy

Post by Acid_Snake »

Recently it was revealed that the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was going to be released and it didn't feature Portable Ops amongst the list of games. Portable Ops is what I consider to be one of those games they made on the PSP as a crappy port just to boost PSP sales, but in the end I liked the game and it's story, and overall its stance the Metal Gear fictional universe.
I know this is a hacking forum, but we also talk about games in Sony consoles, so I'd really like to ask people to sign this petition and maybe we can convince Konami to port this game to the PS3, which it really needs as it would make the controls a lot nicer and more people who couldn't play the game will have a chance to play it now.
Even if you don't care about the game, just do it as a favor for me :)
Here's the link
Advertising
Archaga

Re: Petition to include Portable Ops in the Metal Gear Legac

Post by Archaga »

I believe their reasoning was that Portable Ops isn't a canon game and therefore has no place in the collection which all the other titles are. Otherwise they would include MGS: Acid and all those other spin-offs they've made.
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Archaga wrote:I believe their reasoning was that Portable Ops isn't a canon game and therefore has no place in the collection which all the other titles are. Otherwise they would include MGS: Acid and all those other spin-offs they've made.
that would make sense except for the fact that Potable Ops IS canon and essential to understand Big Boss' sudden change between MGS3 and Peace Walker
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

signed :3
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Archaga

Post by Archaga »

Acid_Snake wrote:
Archaga wrote:I believe their reasoning was that Portable Ops isn't a canon game and therefore has no place in the collection which all the other titles are. Otherwise they would include MGS: Acid and all those other spin-offs they've made.
that would make sense except for the fact that Potable Ops IS canon and essential to understand Big Boss' sudden change between MGS3 and Peace Walker
Yea, I get that of course. But there's simply too much debate whether it truly is canonical, whether the team says it or not. Upon further digging, it seem Kojima chose not to include it because he did not take part in writing or directing the game. And some say he simply wasn't satisfied with the work his team did on it. Or maybe they just didn't want to remaster it.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Archaga wrote:But there's simply too much debate whether it truly is canonical, whether the team says it or not.
it doesn't matter what fans debate or not, not even Kojima can make the game non-canonical as it was advertised primarely as a canonical game, decanonizing it would be considered bad publicity and a fraud. What Kojima is in fact doing is simply ignoring it, not decanonizing it. And I can understand it at some point as the game's storyline is not open ended, there's no real need to reference it, but the simple fact that PW doesn't explain stuff like the creation of Foxhound, how BB became a commander and where he got the idea of Outer Heaven from means that PW was not meant to be a replacement of PO. PW doesn't acknowledge PO and barely references SE because it was meant to be a game for newcomers and they didn't want newcomers to feel that they have to play SE and PO first to understand PW.
Archaga wrote:Upon further digging, it seem Kojima chose not to include it because he did not take part in writing or directing the game.
actually he did wrote most of the important aspects of the story and took at mayor role in the early parts of the game
Archaga wrote:And some say he simply wasn't satisfied with the work his team did on it.
yeah but he says the same for every Metal Gear game he makes, that's just him making more hype and debate
Archaga wrote:Or maybe they just didn't want to remaster it.
this is probably the actual reason, they probably don't want to spend money in remastering the game, plus it has the name "Portable Ops", which doesn't really fit for console games. Problem is I don't care much about PO's inclusion as I care more for the advertising they are doing. This isn't a complete collection where you can learn all the storyline if one crucial game is missing.
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Signed. ;)
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

after trying po on the ps3,
its actually playable!!!!!the horrid controls in the psp are not an issue any more, cept the slight controller lag from a game never intended to use a wireless controller.....its barely noticeable though, or the grafic issues...witch can very from except able to flickering enemys

ps:: ild kind of rather let them git some work done on other projects as kojima productions is a slow and OCD company
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

jd20dog wrote:after trying po on the ps3,
its actually playable!!!!!the horrid controls in the psp are not an issue any more
same thing applies on the vita as Portable Ops plays and feels like MGS3. People blame this on PO, I blame the PSP's lack of a second stick
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

just a question, what was sales like for Portable ops?
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage

Return to “Games”