Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Am I the only one who really loved DJ Hero?

Discuss official PS3 games here
Tetris556

Am I the only one who really loved DJ Hero?

Post by Tetris556 »

From the number of unopened copies I find at Goodwill, and the general hate I get from my friends when I am too busy scratching to play Call of Duty, I feel like it's a very under appreciated game. I like it a lot more than Guitar Hero, and am really hoping that Activision eventually makes a DJ Hero 3. Thoughts on why it rocked/sucked?
Advertising
watswat5

Re: Am I the only one who really loved DJ Hero?

Post by watswat5 »

I think it was because it was made as the genre was dying. Games like Guitar Hero aren't very popular anymore.
Advertising
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution." - Robert Sewell
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

i agree with above post^
rock band was my fav, (never like gh at all, due to the small **** controllers)had the first set till the one ***-weed that didn't pitch in a dime for the group to git it, sold the set!!and pocketed the money

but storing the controllers and stuff just made for big problems to walk over
not to mention the games are extremely repetitive if you don't keep buying songs constantly
i know a few people that like dj hero though

i remember there was an indie free game that was made for pc that could use the controllers from all these games though
was very fun though
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
pridefuldawn

Post by pridefuldawn »

I actually picked up a DJ Hero deck at a goodwill, and then picked up DJ Hero 1 at my local gamestop for 6 USD.
I have been into rhythm gaming for a number of years playing Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, and Dance Central. I personally thought DJ Hero was really fun, and thought it required a lot more skill to play then Guitar Hero. The tracklist is pretty good for the first game, I haven't really tried DJ Hero 2 yet, besides playing a short demo. But I will probably pick it up. One gripe is that I think the slider is to loose on the mixdeck, but I heard the special edition came with a gold plated slider, but I'm not sure if that effects the movement of it. Sometimes I can't tell if I'm in the middle, or not
Last edited by pridefuldawn on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]You really shouldn't of clicked that button, you wasted an estimated ten seconds[/spoiler]
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

pridefuldawn wrote:I actually picked up a DJ Hero deck at a goodwill, and then picked up DJ Hero 1 at my local gamestop for 6 USD.
I have been into rhythm gaming for a number of years playing Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, and Dance Central. I personally thought DJ Hero was really fun, and thought it required a lot more skill to play then Guitar Hero. The tracklist is pretty good for the first game, I haven't really tried DJ Hero 2 yet, besides playing a short demo. But I will probably pick it up. One grip is that I think the slider is to loose on the mixdeck, but I heard the special edition came with a gold plated slider, but I'm not sure if that effects the movement of it. Sometimes I can't tell if I'm in the middle, or not
you can add resistance to the turntable by getting a thin sponge or foam sheet and slid it under the table and if you feel up to it you can cut it and add it under the slider too so no-one knows but you
works on real turntables too
(i miss the static of a real record player lol)
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
watswat5

Post by watswat5 »

I feel like rhythm games are too repetitive. Once you have the mechanics, the only thing that changes are the songs. It's not worth the price when the newer versions pretty much only differ in the song selection.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution." - Robert Sewell
gwenavirre

Post by gwenavirre »

I own both of them and enjoyed them both!

Return to “Games”