Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

*SPOILER ALERT* What's your faviorite Uncharted creature?

Discuss official PS3 games here

What's your favorite Uncharted creature

The Descendants from Uncharted 1
13%
The Guardians from Uncharted 2
50%
The Djinn from Uncharted 3
No votes
The inexistent monsters from Uncharted Golden Abyss
38%

Total votes: 8

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

*SPOILER ALERT* What's your faviorite Uncharted creature?

Post by Acid_Snake »

The Uncharted series is well-known for being an excellent action-adventure third person shooter, but it's also known for containing these weird paranormal creatures that usually appear in later portions of the game. It has become a standard in every mayor game in the series, except Golden Abyss, but that's because it's a portable game and portable games are never mayor in the series.

The Descendants.
The Descendants are bunch of mutant, zombie-like creatures born of Spanish conquistadores that came into contact with the virus inside the El Dorado sarcophagus. They aren't very hard to kill and don't use any weapons so they have to get into close contact to be able to attack you, but they are very dangerous if you turn your back on them as they can grab you and kill you almost instantly. Despite how easy they are to kill and how easy you can avoid their attacks, they still pose as the most frightening creatures in the series, not only in their aspect, but the places you battle them add to the scary side, specially the dark bunker, where you fight most of them. The role of the Descendants is to guard El Dorado and prevent anyone from getting it.
PROS:
- They are easily the most scary creatures in the series.
CONS:
- They are easy to kill and pose no threat if you keep your distance (although they do run fast as heck so to avoid them you can't just take cover, you have to keep running around).

The Guardians
ImageImage
Top: a real Guardian
Bottom: a Guardian disguised in a yeti suit

The Guardians are a group of humans that drank sap from the tree of life, granting them almost invincible powers and superhuman strength. They have a blue skin color and black teeth, both product of drinking the sap. This ones are harder to kill than the Descendants as they can take a shitload of bullets before dropping down. The use of explosives and more powerful weapons (such as the gattling gun or crossbows) are recommended. They attack with crossbows and explosives (made from tree sap) and at shorter distance can charge at the player, grab it and punch it with force enough to kill almost instantly. They have a similar role as the Descendants, they are guarding the tree of life, and Shambala in general, from trespassers.
PROS:
- Are harder to kill.
- Are more powerful.
CONS:
- They aren't as scary as the Descendants (not the real ones at least, the yeti suited ones are indeed scary).

The Djinn
The Djinn are fire demons born of smokeless fire. They were commanded by king Solomon until they rebelled, then Solomon imprisoned them in a vessel of brass and cast them into the depths of Ubar. In revenge the Djinn cursed the city and tainted the water supply with a hallucinogenic agent, once a person drank the water the Djinn would attack them using their best weapon: fear. In Uncharted 3, Nate drinks the water and the Djinn made him hallucinate Sully being killed by Talbot. Driven by anger Nate went on to fight Talbot and came across his men instead, which seemed to be possessed by the Djinn, which attack Nate until the effects of the water wears off, giving the Djinn no more control over Nate's mind.
The Djinn, while imitating as Talbot's agent, have three transformations, the first one being exactly like the normal agents, the second one their head erupts in flames, can teleport around and throw grenades that explode on site, in the final transformation their torso also erupts in flames and are able to launch *** of fire that act as RPG rounds. None of the Djinn have more than two lives, so you'll never fight one that does all three transformations, they either start at the first or the second one.
Djinns are harder to kill with firearms and take quite a few bullets, it's advised to use explosives or powerful weapons (such as a sniper rifle, a revolver, etc).
PROS:
- They are harder to kill than most enemies in the game.
- They look cooler than the other creatures.
CONS:
- They only appear in one portion of the game so you barely get to fight only a few of them.
- Since they are imprisoned, they can only attack people who drink the tainted water, which means you don't see them attacking Talbot's agents unlike in previous games where the encounters with the creatures affected both the player and the enemies.

So, which is your favorite munztah?
Advertising
Minimur12

Re: *SPOILER ALERT* What's your faviorite Uncharted creature

Post by Minimur12 »

I voted guardians..... i likethem all equally but they win by a tad

I dont know why, they just look awesome. and they were the creatures that brought the crossbow into the game xD

The Djinn are annoying, i especially hated the bit at the end after you exit the lift.
Advertising
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Minimur12 wrote:they were the creatures that brought the crossbow into the game xD
no they weren't, the crossbows were first introduced in the game by the tibetans when they were attacked by lazarev...lasare...the bad guy
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

Acid_Snake wrote:
Minimur12 wrote:they were the creatures that brought the crossbow into the game xD
no they weren't, the crossbows were first introduced in the game by the tibetans when they were attacked by lazarev...lasare...the bad guy

oh yeah of course, forgot about that.

lazaravic :D
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
tiny42

Post by tiny42 »

I couldn't have spelled it either =}).

Gaurdians, because the first encounter in the place they were protecting was fought with ak-47s.
naughty dog _wanted_ them to feel ridiculously strong.

I think it should be added that all 3(4 lols at golden abyss) "monsters" are impossible to melee.

---
posted from my vita
probably posted from my vita
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

tiny42 wrote:I think it should be added that all 3(4 lols at golden abyss) "monsters" are impossible to melee.
there's a glitch in U3 that allows you to melee the Djinn, sometimes even killing them, or transforming them, it's a rare glitch and requires lots of trial and error, but it happens (I've done it myself lots of times)
oh and who the heck selected "The nonexistent monster from Golden Abyss"? are you ****? that was a JOKE!, the nonexistence of monsters in Golden Abyss doomed the game, it's a fact

Return to “Games”