Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project [BETA]

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
lordscales91

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project [BETA]

Post by lordscales91 »

Can I ask some questions? where Is the text, in the EBOOT, or is inside other kind of files, and which kinf of files? If I read correctly on your translation team there isn't any programmer, so... How do you translate it? Do you use a Hex editor?

I ask these question because I want to collaborate with the project
Advertising
hack_ziro

Post by hack_ziro »

there's some text in the EBOOT (char-names, deck-names and other little stuff)
but most of the are in archives

we've got a coder by now but he isn't very familiar with PSP coding but helped alot to translate stuff in the eboot

we got some tools from the chinese translation team (mentioned in the credits)
they extract/decrypt text and bin files from the archive files (*.EHP) as well as compile them to new archives

then we just translate them with any editor with unicode (UTF-16) support
sometimes some little hex-editing if we replace files from older, english tag force games

if you wanna help, be warned, we are a bunch of random guys who never translated a game before (a miracle, that we came this far by now...)
i, personally just do some fixing and file exploring...just started hex-editing - no programming skills (well i can make a hello-world :D)
Advertising
lordscales91

Post by lordscales91 »

Sorry, but I had another idea in mind... Maybe you don't know it, but, actually the Codestation's divapatch plugin is able (in theory) to translate every game that have the text on the EBOOT. I am very noob at programming, but I can change a little the plugin to make it activate with a new game, like the Yugioh, then disassembling the EBOOT and using a translation file it can translate the game. However, since the most of the text isn't on the EBOOT, that will be useless... Unless that someone adapts the code of the plugin to enable file replacement for that game (I don't have enough knowledge to do that). But there remains the LBA check problem, if the LBA check is executed only once maybe some improvement of the code can solve it, the idea is: make the plugin wait until the LBA check finishes, then, override that files by the modified ones with the translation that are in the Memory Stick (But, again, I don't have enough knowledge to do that and I don't know if it is really possible...).

My idea was to find a game with the most of the text on the EBOOT, like PD, adapt the plugin, and surprise everyone with my "mod" of the plugin :D . However, I can't find any game (japanese untraslated) like that :( .
hack_ziro

Post by hack_ziro »

ah ok got it :)

alot japanese games were released lately...maybe you'll find what you looking for ;)
lvfengxian

Post by lvfengxian »

Hi zack321sack & omarrrio,

Thanks for the english translation patch! Now i can enjoy my YGO TF 6 :D However when i was creating my deck i found that this card The White Stone of Legend card description is missing, hopefully it will be back on the next version on the patch.
xingha

Post by xingha »

Hey guys how to use "WQSG_UMD"? What i did is i opened the ISO using this app but when i click on Apply Patch, it cannot detect the patch. Why is dat?
Elliot07

Post by Elliot07 »

Hey guys, i have seen one of those patches... That of (Project DIVA 2nd Extend) they used plugins (i think), and was placed on SEplugins folder on the PSP MemoryCard root.. are those the kind of method you are using? if not why not make one? this is just a suggestion though.. thanks
Toanzzz

Post by Toanzzz »

I'm just registered to say this :
Thanks for your hard work 5D's Team, we respect your work :mrgreen:
lvfengxian

Post by lvfengxian »

Hi guys,

I've found another error on a Beast type - Earth - Level 4 - Att 1600/Def 900 monster with name and card description error, it suppose to be Bazoo the Soul-Eater but named as Fairy Meteor Crush now.
lvfengxian

Post by lvfengxian »

Thunder Unicorn got it description wrong also

Return to “Games”